• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

I just don't get the negativity...(spoiler)

Re: I just don\'t get the negativity...(spoiler)

lol.gif

My post was not closed! It was D.E.L.E.T.E.D! As were EVERY other NEGATIVE post about Legend of the Rangers that night and the next morning and EVER SINCE! The only negative post that has been allowed was one in which the poster stated he will "continue to support" the show REGARDLESS of how AWFUL it was! ALL topics posted that are NOT parts of threads that are NEGATIVE have NOT been allowed to EXIST!

Expressions like the one above is EXTREMELY typical of this forum! LYING to promote a film works ONLY for a short time! The TRUTH will come out.

PS: As far as "trolls" go, ANYONE who does NOT agree with the people here are consider "trolls" So, if you wish to consider me one, that is fine with me. I would much rather be a troll than a

*COUGH* BUTT KISSER!
*COUGH* BROWN NOSER!
*COUGH* ETC. ETC.*COUGH*
------------------

[I would love to give YOU the benefit of the doubt Deviot. However as you so aptly put it, it IS hard!

[This message has been edited by Misfit (edited January 25, 2002).]

Misfit, at least you've got one B5 fan who agrees with you. If the choice is between no new B5 and a new b5 that is crappy, I'd rather not have a new series.

------------------
"Dawn's in trouble? Must be Tuesday." -- Buffy Summers, "Once More With Feeling."

Misfit:

Did you even read his reply? If there are 8 threads saying 'My negative opinion' he will close 7 of those threads and direct those 7 to the first one. Mainly, if there is a thread started with negative comments of the movie, then post them THERE. But having 8 people start threads about the same thing is a waste and inefficient. I for one will not spend the time reading all over the place, when I can find something on a certain topic in one place. They run a very clean and orderly forum here. Either enjoy it for what it is or leave, you wont be missed.

Also, what does D.E.L.E.T.E.D. stand for? That is one hell of an acronym.

And to your sarcastic reply, he did say he deleted one post by ACCIDENT. That was probably yours. The others were merely closed. And how can you even say that all the negative posts are deleted when there are still plenty out there?

The answer can be summed up quite simply. You are just trolling and trying to stir up trouble.

Please excercise your S.T.F.U. privledges now. Thanks.

(ps: STFU is an acronym too, wanna know what that means?)

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

crazy.gif
Perhaps Misfit is reading from a different website than I am. But I certainly have read many negative posts and threads regarding the telemovie.

Having trouble finding them, Misfit?

------------------
"The Bible is a book: it is a good book, but is is not the only book" - Inherit the Wind

"I do not believe that the same God who
has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."—Galileo

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com

[This message has been edited by hypatia (edited January 25, 2002).]

In reply to Misfit:

The truth will see to itself, but it may not be what you imagine. If you wish to accuse Deviot, you should back up your accusations. I have respect for him. Baseless accusations will only decrease my respect for you.

I frequent this board often and may confidently assure you: you are in error where the truth is involved. I have seen no censorship on this board. Trolls do get a warning, and continuous nuisances may get banned. This is a moderated forum and has rules of polite conduct.

Also, parallel topics will get closed and merged. If you have ten flarn fights going side-by-side, nine will be closed and the first will remain. Until it reaches a size when it becomes a burden to CGI -- then it will be closed, and people are free to start a new one.

And please, do think before posting baseless accusations. Also consider the wording of your accusations, for this is important. Posts like yours above will backfire. Perhaps you should take your time to politely ask where your thread is, and accuse people only if you are sure it was maliciously deleted.

You may claim what you want. I can claim what I want, in places where I consider it effective, even about you. But why should I do so? I am also wondering about why you should do so.

But I am still willing to believe that you are not a troll. I wish to believe that you have simply lost your topic.

Please, go ahead: mention the title, contents and forum of your topic. I want to hear how many people remember it. If some do, I want to find it from the archive. It may help to solve this dispute with less bitterness. And please, do not use personal insults. They are inefficient and counterproductive.

[This message has been edited by Lennier (edited January 25, 2002).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> It could have been Babylon 5 meets the Three Blind Mice and most of you people would CHEER IT!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, I don't see how that movie could have been any worse than Thirdspace or River of Souls.

------------------
"Dawn's in trouble? Must be Tuesday." -- Buffy Summers, "Once More With Feeling."

Misfit: It's possible, although regrettable, that your post may have been deleted instead of closed by Deviot. I can assure you that if this happened, it was an accident.

If you look around here, there are several negative posts and comments around. They have not been deleted. If some posters choose to express their dislike for the negative comments, that's their right, just as it's your right to express your opinion. But posts/threads do not get deleted just because they have negative comments in them.

As has been stated above, the board policy is to close new threads if a thread dealing with the same/similar topic has already been started. It's stated right here, above every thread in this forum.

It's not done to piss people off but to make it easier to follow the posts - it's easier to read fewer threads with more posts than a large number of threads with just one or two replies.

------------------
"Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> This is a moderated forum and has rules of polite conduct.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rules are fine as long as they are equally enforced. [i.e. I have yet to see anyone ever warned on this site for calling other people "trolls" -- an unpolite comment if ever there was one.]

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>My post was not closed! It was D.E.L.E.T.E.D! As were EVERY other NEGATIVE post about Legend of the Rangers that night and the next morning and EVER SINCE! The only negative post that has been allowed was one in which the poster stated he will "continue to support" the show REGARDLESS of how AWFUL it was! ALL topics posted that are NOT parts of threads that are NEGATIVE have NOT been allowed to EXIST!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, very interesting... would you happen to have recorded the subject lines and authors' names of these "deleted posts?"

I'm asking because I'm looking, and here's what I see as far as negative posts go:

Suckers (spoilers) -- started by Joseph DeMartino (contains negative comments)
B5LR: Disappointment -- started by Casper
Gunnery Pod (spoilers) -- started by Kitaro Sasaki (this post contains negative reactions)
B5:LOTR was very disappointing -- started by snaimpally (was closed but NOT deleted... closed to keep number of same-subject threads to a minimum... it's called organization)
From one to one hundred - how do you rate the movie? -- started by StarStuff (contains negative reviews)
the One thing that totally disgusted me...(spoilers) -- started by Loburian (closed because the discussion involved the gunnery pod, and there was already a thread about it on the board... this thread did generate 52 posts before it was closed, BTW)
No Atmosphere!! -- started by Myrl (closed but NOT deleted)

Your contention that every negative post has been deleted doesn't hold water.

------------------
-Londo's Hair
"Vir, intelligence has nothing to do with politics!"

Oh, and I would also mention that every post you & PsionTen have made in this thread are still here... even while three moderators have been visiting it...

------------------
-Londo's Hair
"Vir, intelligence has nothing to do with politics!"

[This message has been edited by LondosHair (edited January 25, 2002).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Misfit wrote:

It was D.E.L.E.T.E.D! As were EVERY other NEGATIVE post about Legend of the Rangers that night and the next morning and EVER SINCE!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, but your last post crossed a border. I find it unacceptable. Lies will get you nowhere. To be more exact, they will get you in the wrong direction. I hereby request that Misfit be warned -- and politely asked to discontinue dishonorable behaviour.

[This message has been edited by Lennier (edited January 25, 2002).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Oh, and I would also mention that every post you & PsionTen have made in this thread are still here... even while three moderators have been visiting it... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to get a warning. And why are you putting me with him? I just agree with his view on the movie, I have no idea whether posts have been deleted or not.

------------------

[This message has been edited by PsionTen (edited January 25, 2002).]

I saw in another thread that there have been some technical problems. Threads disappearing, etc. Could this have been what Misfit was talking about?
:Confused:
------------------
"The Bible is a book: it is a good book, but is is not the only book" - Inherit the Wind

"I do not believe that the same God who
has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."—Galileo

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com

[This message has been edited by hypatia (edited January 25, 2002).]

Yes, LondosHair has a point.

If we were truly censors, we would not have allowed slander such as yours to stay on the board. You've attacked Deviot and the rest of the board administration personally - and we've responded not in kind, but rationally and fairly.

Do your research before you go making baseless accusations - and continue making those accusations. Please, tone it down. Consider this a warning.

------------------
channe@cryoterrace | "I wonder," said Frodo, "but I don't know. And that's the way of a real tale."

Not at all, Psion. We may disagree about issues, but I find most debates with you interesting -- because you know how to debate. Unfortunately, as this thread has shown, not everyone seems to know this.

But well, it's an imperfect universe.

------------------
"We are the universe, trying to figure itself out.
Unfortunately we as software lack any coherent documentation."
-- Delenn

You got me Lennier... the real reason I come here is for the debate. I just wish we could move onto something more serious -- like the feasibilty of making a Simpsons movie.

------------------

Everyone has differences in opinions and each and every one of us need to respect that. Whether or not we agree with that opinion doesn't really matter. For the most part everybody at this board follows along those lines and things move along smoothly. Everyone needs to be mindful of what they say though, so as not to offend others.

As for posts getting deleted and such, mistakes do happen, and such is a part of life. It happened, and there's not much we can do about it now but apologize.

I'm not trying to point fingers at anyone, but people need to know that as moderators, we are here to keep the peace and see that people can come here to enjoy themseleves. There are points where we do need to intervene and let people know that they need to tone it down a bit. That's exactly what we're trying to do in this case.

------------------
"I welcome you and present this place to you as a gift. I am called Valen, and we have much work ahead of us."
-Valen, War Without End Pt.2

I popping back into this thread just to say a couple things.

One thankyou for your support here, I try my best to help the forum run as smooth as possible but I am not perfect(ain't that obvious heh), so mistakes can happen. I cannot do much bout that cept appologise.

And also to say that I also spoke to Misfit via e-mail and he appologised for his behaviour to me. And I explained myself to him.

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

[This message has been edited by Deviot (edited January 26, 2002).]

I really hope this goes to a series because I think the Martel/Dulann relationship, if it was that obvious and well-played in the pilot, will really go places... this Human and Minbari must have some great history to inspire such cameradery and I want to know more, dagnab it.

Tell Scifi to "haul ass" in making this a series (although I know it might not be dignified LOL
laugh.gif
).

------------------
Wipster

"Live Long in Prosser"

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wipster:
I really hope this goes to a series because I think the Martel/Dulann relationship, if it was that obvious and well-played in the pilot, will really go places... this Human and Minbari must have some great history to inspire such cameradery and I want to know more, dagnab it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I second that. They're buds, alright.
smile.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back