• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Hello again everyone!!!

Hello!

It's great to hear from all of you.
smile.gif

I just wanted to say thank you to Gkarfan and everyone else who have donated their time to write letters on behalf of Rangers!!!

I can't tell you what it means to all of us to have you guys supporting the show in this way.
smile.gif
I know I must sound like a broken record but I don't know what else I can say. THANK YOU
laugh.gif
We appreciate it.

Well, as far as the convention, I have very limited information myself at this time, but you might want to check out their web site. I think all you have to do is punch in I-CON and it should come up.

Thanks again for hanging in there and do take care everyone.

Myriam
smile.gif

------------------

The Web Site is: http://www.iconsf.org/

This is their 21st year doing this, so they should have gotten it right by now, but since it is run by Students at SUNY, they have a small turnover problem.
People keep Graduating!
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

Since I live in Florida, I've never been, but
I-Con has a pretty good reputation.

Location Info from their Website:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> The official hotel for I-CON 21 will be:

Holiday Inn Ronkonkoma
3845 Veteran's Memorial Hwy (Rte 454)
Ronkonkoma, NY 11779
1-(800) 422-9510
(631) 585-9500
Fax (631) 585-9550

The rate for I-Con members is $124 per night.

Please call the hotel directly and ask for the Reservations Department. Be sure to ask for the "I-CON Group Rate," otherwise you will be charged a higher rate for your room.

IMPORTANT! Please reserve your room early! A limited number of rooms are available and you must call before April 5th, 2002 or the rate increases.

PLEASE NOTE:
You MUST call the hotel directly, rather than use the general Holiday Inn phone number, in order to receive the I-CON rate. Limited shuttle bus service from this hotel to the campus will be provided. Shuttle service to other hotels is not available. Other area hotels are also listed for your convenience.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

Whoa! That's 400 miles away, in the middle of Long Island.
shocked.gif

Damn! I was hoping it'd be in Western NY.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

Crusade (reruns) starting 03/26/2002 at 1PM EST on the Sci-Fi Channel
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

[This message has been edited by KoshN (edited March 01, 2002).]

Sadly, I will be knee-deep in wedding stuff for an old friend who's getting hitched.

Everyone have a great time for me!
smile.gif

------------------
"We are (not) all Kosh."

wink.gif
Hi Myriam,
Just a little thank you from all the B-5 fans and I out there, who apreciate your character Sarah Cantrell.
laugh.gif
We loved your spunky style that you used to play her. It was a nice refreshing acting job. Don't change a thing about your character.
Looking forward to seeing much more of your acting on display in the future, when B-5 Legend of the Rangers goes to series.
Thanks for the pick-me-up, positive vibes.
laugh.gif
It's nice to know that our letter writing campaign is apreciated. So far I've done 3 e-mails and 2 letters. But I think I'm going to start concentrating on the sponsors like: Burger King, McDonalds, Walmart, Daimler-Chrysler, Clorox Co, Cambells, etc...
I'm still confident that this thing is going to sail!!! Second star to the right baby...... And on tell morning...........
Any how, you are loved greatly by all of us, no matter what Myriam......... Stay cool, stay hip, stay fresh, stay real, but most importantly, stay alive.
[This next line, I mean with all my heart and I don't care if anyone thinks it's cheesy.] Live long and prosper Myriam Sirois.
I wish you and yours the very best that life can bring now and forever always.
wink.gif

-------------
"You have always been here." Kosh speaking to Sheridan, from: All Alone In The Night.

"Love to stay, can't, have to go, kiss kiss, love love, bye." G'Kar B-5 LOTR.

------------------
Faith Manages...

For those of you playing along at home, it looks like it WAS at i-con.com but was recently moved to here:

I- Con Website

smile.gif

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

[This message has been edited by Recoil (edited March 01, 2002).]

Myriam,

Good luck out on Long Island! I hope you have a lot of fun. Maybe you'll be able to shoehorn a hockey game into your schedule, the Islanders look good this season... Any chance you can give us a report on the goings-on after the convention?

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

**Waves to Myriam**

Hi! Just wanted to tell you that one night a bunch of us were in the chat room and talking about you going to the con in New York in April. Channe was telling us about it. I kept saying that I wished that you could stop by Cleveland on the way back from the con (I live about 30 minutes from Cleveland in NE ohio), and Channe kept saying that was not likely.
frown.gif
lol.gif

------------------
Dulann: You don't solve your problems by hitting them.
David Martel: Yeah, well, it made me feel better.

Hello!
smile.gif

Just popped in to see what was new with everyone.

I just wanted to take a second to thank
For the one, for your very kind words. I can assure you that I am determined and completely committed to making Sarah a character we can all embrace.

Although I am quite aware that the performance was no where near perfect, I do want to stress that we all worked very hard on this movie. I realize that some moments worked better than others but again I commend all of you for being patient, understanding and supportive of all of us. The best is yet to come. Definitely!!!

I learned so much while making To Live and Die in Starlight and I will be forever grateful for the opportunity.

As for catching a New York Islanders game, well...that would be phenomenal!!!
laugh.gif
I hope to get the chance?!

Take care, Myriam
smile.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sarah cantrell:
I just wanted to take a second to thank
For the one, for your very kind words. I can assure you that I am determined and completely committed to making Sarah a character we can all embrace.

Although I am quite aware that the performance was no where near perfect, I do want to stress that we all worked very hard on this movie. I realize that some moments worked better than others but again I commend all of you for being patient, understanding and supportive of all of us. The best is yet to come. Definitely!!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here's hoping that Sci-Fi wakes up and smells the coffee, and greenlights the B5:LotR series as well as Crusade. (There's no such thing as too much B5.
smile.gif
)

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sarah cantrell:
I can assure you that I am determined and completely committed to making Sarah a character we can all embrace.

Although I am quite aware that the performance was no where near perfect, I do want to stress that we all worked very hard on this movie.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Myriam-

Hey, you certainly convinced me. I'm really looking forward to what you're going to do with Sarah in the series.

Although, frankly - with all respect to JMS, here - I still haven't a clue how you said that line about the two wise men without dissolving into helpless laughter...
lol.gif

If an extremely tall blonde wearing an "Ask Me About An Ass-Kicking" Jeremiah t-shirt ends up in your autograph line at I-Con, it's probably me, 'cause unless my travelmate backs out on me, I'm going to Stony Brook!
smile.gif

------------------
channe@[url="http://cryoterrace.tripod.com"]cryoterrace[/url] | "Last one to kill a bad guy buys the beer." -lost in space

Oh my goodness Channe, that's fabulous!!!
smile.gif

O.K. well, if you see a short brunette sitting at an anime table with well...I'm not sure what I'll be waring
wink.gif
that will be me!!!

It will be great to finally meet you.

See you soon, Myriam

------------------

Heh Myriam,
By the way, happy belated birthday. The chocolate cake sounded delcious. I am so glad to hear your birthday went so well, you deserve it. And your welcome.

Say, you wouldn't happen to know anything about the comment from the guy who played Kitaro Sasaki on LOTR would you?

He said to Hypatia, “Inside info.? Hmmmmmmmmmmm...Well, that is about it for my inside info. Hmmmmmmmmmmm...Sorry Hypatia. But, my hmmmmmmmmmmmmm will turn into a
"WOW!" when ‘Legend of the Rangers’ airs in January-2002, and you will be thanking me
for keeping my mouth sealed!” - Kitaro Sasaki

I know your limited by what you can say about this comment, but is there a hint even a smidge we can hear?

Also, as time passes, many I'm aware will lose heart. They will think a series will never come. I'm not one of them of coarse.... However, a peace of encouragement to those posts I've read, that need something to cling too, would be a especially sweet gesture on your part. Thanks.....

It was so wonderful to hear yuor words about us. You said,“Babylon 5 has the most loyal and supportive fans out there and I for one, know that no matter what happens, this will have been one of the greatest experiences of my life. I knew almostly instantly that this movie would change my life forever, and it has. As I've said no matter what happens, I will be better off having had the opportunity to know these cast members. They are so much more to me than that now, they are my friends. Friends I will keep for the rest of my life.”- Myriam Sirois

Wow! How very exciting for you. It must have been quite a rush? You must know Myriam that we as B-5 fans will be behind you through thick and thin. It has been a pleasure to read your passed entries and to learn of your adventures filming with JMS. I must admit I am somewhat jealous. It sounds like so much fun. I love acting so much!!!! To me it is a thrill.

It saddens me if any of the posts made here in this messageboard ever hurt you. I am glad you took it all in stride. Remember though one very critical element. Never take it personally and never take it all the way to heart. Take it like a grain of salt. Take in the healthy constructive things and toss the mean comments.

You said,“Yes, I have to admit it, some of the posts proved difficult for me to read, yet I have emerged stronger than ever thanks in no small part to all of your support. I would like all of you to know that it is not because of the criticism received that I chose to stay away, in fact I welcome it. I will always listen to constructive suggestions, it really is the only way to improve oneself. That being said however, some of the posts were ... well... Huh... how should I say this? HMMM...Mean.”

I couldn't agree more. Well said... But your recent text. "Although I am quite aware that the performance was no where near perfect, I do want to stress that we all worked very hard on this movie. I realize that some moments worked better than others but again I commend all of you for being patient, understanding and supportive of all of us. The best is yet to come............. Definitely!!!"

You are way to hard on yourself. Give yourself a brake. Okay so the virtual deal got razed a little, BIG DEAL!!!! Bounce back! That is a story idea...,not a demonstration of you acting abilities,or your talent. Cut yourself a little slack. So relax...... breath........take in some fresh air and give me a smile.
smile.gif
That's more like it.

You already I can tell, have the attitude of a winner. You may get knocked down, but you keep getting up. Your gonna do just great. Go gettum girl!!! You've got the tiger by the tail.

ROCK ON!!!

"You have always been here." Kosh speaking to Sheridan, from: All Alone In The Night

"Love to stay, can't, hav eto go, kiss kiss,
love love, bye." G'Kar
cool.gif

------------------
Faith Manages...

[This message has been edited by for the one (edited March 04, 2002).]

I'm sure your contract is very specific about thing like that, but if you can confirm at all, just use the letter E anywhere in any future posts to confirm.....
laugh.gif

Kidding, I don't doubt that a confirm would only complicate matters, if there were a deal getting done.

So have your lawyer call my lawyer and together they'll find a loop hole in no time.
smile.gif

------------------
"A classic case of Pikel envy" --Marcus
"I LIKE IT!!!" --Gkar

"The world is made for people who aren't cursed with self-awareness" - Bull Durham

I would like to take this moment to truly acknowledge that I am a geek.

I know I'll be wearing the Jeremiah shirt to a convention taking place fully two months from now.

But it's just because I'm attempting to find places I can actually walk around in it without getting looked at sideways.
wink.gif

...right, wanted to clear that up. Channe is a geek, and loves it.

--

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>I know it wasn't perfect...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Myriam - don't ever be apologetic about your work if you tried your best and worked your hardest. Because if you did, what do you have to apologize for? Putting your all into it?
smile.gif

And nothing's ever perfect. If it were, I'd have been a bestselling author by the time I was twenty. *grins*

------------------
channe@[url="http://cryoterrace.tripod.com"]cryoterrace[/url] | "Last one to kill a bad guy buys the beer." -lost in space

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
I would like to take this moment to truly acknowledge that I am a geek.

I know I'll be wearing the Jeremiah shirt to a convention taking place fully two months from now.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We know you are a geek and we love ya for it. I am just relieved that there is at least one other person as obsessed with JMS' creations as I am.
laugh.gif

Plus, be thankful that you are tall and can actually wear your shirt outside the house where as I will probably have to make do using it as a nightshirt.
tongue.gif
*tickles Channe*

BTW, Myriam ... I know I have said this before but your fight sequence was my favorite part of the movie! Guess it is one of those things where people either love it or hate it and I am definitely in the love it category.
smile.gif

------------------
Monica Hübinette | Abyss : B5 | Abyss : Jeremiah
Tell your friend, if I were a god, I would have more hair and a deeper voice. --JMS

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lyta:
Guess it is one of those things where people either love it or hate it and I am definitely in the love it category.
smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea you probably hit that one on the head. I didn't care for it too much personally, but will admit it was a neat new idea. I will say this however, and it is something that all these people who have been 'critcizing' Myriam for the weapons pod scenes have overlooked completely.

Lets face it, bottom line, whether or not you liked the pod scenes themselves, she FOUGHT well in them. I think this bodes EXTREMELY well for her character in the Rangers series. You gotta admit, you know Sarah Cantrell will be one tough Ranger in the fight scenes and kick ass better with the best of them. I think everyone can rest easier knowing that when it comes to action sequences and fight scenes in future episodes, Myriam will do a great job in them.

A lot of the weapon pod nay-sayers have overlooked this fact. Some actors and actoresses struggle with action scenes. That will not be the case witht his young lady.
smile.gif

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

I just hope the crazed fans don't scare her away! I would think a con would be a little bit hard on anyone appearing. Especially if they stay and circulate with the fans (which a lot of you seem to do).

Get your protein that morning, Myriam!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back