• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Harry Potter 3, Prisoner of Azkaban

He was hiding the fact that he was using a certain hand motion on his "wand" under the sheets from his guardian. When you first see him from outside the sheets he does look like he's performing a different kind of magic discovered by boys his age.

Thank god I'm not the only one. I was watching the opening scene and thought I was being some kind of pervert in seeing something 'subversive' in a family film.

phew.

OK, I'll have to look closer, but I sure didn't see any "specific suggestive hand motions" even though I did try.

Thanks

He was hiding the fact that he was using a certain hand motion on his "wand" under the sheets from his guardian. When you first see him from outside the sheets he does look like he's performing a different kind of magic discovered by boys his age.

Jeez, talk about Expecto Interruptus! :LOL:

Well, since the thread has gone semi-dormant, and this is almost related, I stick it here.

Order of The Phoenix (Harry Potter Book 5) broke boatloads of Sales records. I believe it Pre-sold 8 million copies.

Well, seems Clinton's Book has surpassed the OotP sales already. So, be sure to order yours while you still can :eek:

Wow, Clinton beats the boy wizard....
Saw this movie at the weekend, I really loved it. I liked the first two well enough, but this really did seem to be something different. The new director obviously brought a new look, in terms of colour and imagery, but the thing that struck me most was the vastly improved pacing. I like the books well enough for what they are (excellent childrens fantasy of the kind i grew up on (Susan Cooper, The Black Cauldron cycle etc etc.), but i'm not sure that the relatively slow pacing translated that well to film in the first two.
Changes have obviously been made, but they are little and limited. I liked the whole old-worldy almost gothic look. Cast were excellent, including the kids. Its always a pleasure to hear Rickman growl 'Potter!!' in his most evil way. :D

I've never read the books and doubt I ever will. Never the less I've gone and seen all the movies (the blame for that falls squarly on one of my friends). The first two I didn't really enjoy. Pacing was off, things irrelevant (or at least seemingly so) to the story took up way to much screen time and at times the story had a hookey feeling to it. I also couldn't help the feeling that not having read the books I was missing out on a lot of inside stuff.

The third installment was quite different. A solid and well told story (if not terrably original). For the first time I did not feel at a disadvantage not having read the book. Hopefully this trend of focusing on the heart of the story and making a _movie_ and not a visual companion to the books will continue in the next movie.

I finally got around to seeing this today. I really enjoyed the first two Potter movies, but for some reason I didn't like this one as much. It was still a good movie, and very enjoyabe. I think Gambon did a good job filling Harris' shoes, but his Dumbledore was a little different. That's to be expected though.

I haven't read any of the books so I had no idea what to expect from this movie and some of the things did surprise me in it. It was obvious how these kids are maturing and growing, and some of them looked different, especially Neville. I just wonder how long they're going to stick with the same actors and actresses. I noticed that most of them are aboard for the next installment.

There was a lot of action and I thought it was nicely done, but I think my favorite Potter movie is still The Chamber of Secrets.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back