• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Got a favorite cast member...? Adopt one!

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by *Sigh*:
<font color=yellow>*looks at FlarnChef's profile*
*sees FlarnChef has been here longer*
*sighs*
If you want Mira you can have her, it's only right.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
He certainly knows more about what she is up to than I do! I'll second that motion.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by hypatia:
<font color=yellow>He certainly knows more about what she is up to than I do! I'll second that motion.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
I think he is a she. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

The news part would mean stuff like convention appearances, magazine interviews etc as well, right? Not just the next movie/play (there might not be many of them).

I do think it sounds as an interesting kind of way to keep the site going and the news as new as possible. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif Of course, it would also take some sort of coordination between the various "adopters" but that shouldn't be too hard.

Yep. I have some interesting ideas for a lead or two for Jerry. This could be fun depending on how people are willing (and able) to procede.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Recoil:
<font color=yellow>I think he is a she. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>Sorry. I'll second that motion anyway! /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

<font color=yellow>Sorry. I'll second that motion anyway! /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

If I've been here sooo long, why do so many people still think I am a guy?!? Unfortunately, most answers to that should be posted in nc-17, huh? /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

It is up to Antony..... Keeper of the Board & Leader of the "DownUnder" World.

<font color=orange>Thank you, Recoil!</font color=orange>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by FlarnChef:
If I've been here sooo long, why do so many people still think I am a guy?!? <hr></blockquote>

I always think of a "chef" as being male. Besides, I was poisoned by the school system! I was taught to refer to someone as "he" if the sex was unknown or not relevant. /ubbthreads/images/icons/confused.gif Stupid male-dominated English language. Why couldn't they have invented a gender-neutral word for these situations? Now when I use the word "he" in a sentence I'm never sure if I should replace it with "they" (which is grammatically incorrect) or "he/she" which one instructor of mine hated with a passion. /ubbthreads/images/icons/rolleyes.gif

<font color=yellow>I was taught to refer to someone as "he" if the sex was unknown or not relevant.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
And my first instinct is always to use "she" in those cases. /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif Sometimes I'm really glad that we don't have genders in Estonian - although other times it's a true pain, for example if I have to translate something from English and it's pages and pages of "he said, she said" and I have to find a way to make the readers understand just who said what. /ubbthreads/images/icons/eek.gif

As for the topic in question - has anyone claimed Andreas yet? /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

Details

Basically, these pages will cover general info... call it a snap shot if you will of that cast member. However any newsworthy stuff I'd ask you to feed through to me so that I can post it on the front page, with credit to the adoptee.

Anyone cast member that has lots of takers, I will speak to you all and make a decision basically. But if you can pick a 'vacant' cast member all the better.

I would also like it if the person made friends with any official fan clubs... to encourage the flow through of news.

I'll create a Yahoo! Group too, to keep communication going between the adopteees.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by FlarnChef:
<font color=yellow>I would <font color=red>love</font color=red> to adopt Mira, but it seems she has some takers. BTW...she is booked along with Jerry to do the Motor City Comic Con this summer in Detroit! <font color=red> ROAD TRIP! </font color=red>.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

From what I remember reading, that is in Novi, not Detroit proper.

Of course, I can easily see that anyone who doesn't live in SE Michigan would probably think of that as "Detroit". /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Kribu, wanna do andreas with me? He's greek, i'm greek, you're near greece. Let me know. We can raid a fan site of his and take all their info /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by PillowRock:
<font color=yellow>From what I remember reading, that is in Novi, not Detroit proper.

Of course, I can easily see that anyone who doesn't live in SE Michigan would probably think of that as "Detroit". /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Technicalities...but I understand. Anything happening within a 50mi radius of Pittsburgh.......becomes Pittsburgh!

<font color=green>May 17-19 in Novi</font color=green>

<font color=yellow>Anything happening within a 50mi radius of Pittsburgh.......becomes Pittsburgh!</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Most of the time Pittsburgh is a drive-by place for me. I drive by Pittsburgh on my way to and from Ohiopyle to kayak the Lower Yough (noone says, much less spells out, Youghiogheny River /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif).

No offense, I am just much more likely to travel to a whitewater river for a weekend than to any city. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

I'm looking to launch something that I wanted to start at my own site but never got off the ground. But I may launch an adoption scheme, where... basically... you adopt a cast member.

This means that their page at B5LR.com is yours. You can ensure that relevant links are on the page, relevant news on what they'r doing career wise, bio information etc.

Probably requires more work initally, getting it going. But after that it's just a case of keeping an eye out for news etc. and keeping B5LR.com visitors updated.

Does anyone think this sounds good, and anyone volunteer for particular actors? Doesn't require a lot of time, just requires commitment to keep the page up to date.

Post here and give us your views. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

I have done the Yough. thing in a raft. Great fun when the water's runnin' fast! /ubbthreads/images/icons/eek.gif

BTW.......Bill Mumy will be at Motor City with some of the cast of Lost in Space, and Virginia Hey from Farscape!

Wait! If I can't then I want Tracy Scoggins. *sticks his tongue out at Channe* *gets a dirty thought* *smiles*

Should it be needed, I could try to assist with some material regarding Mira. Not that I would be of much help. I'm quite clueless about recent developments.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back