• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Galactica Season 4 (Spoilers Within)

Going off topic a bit. I was looking at the tattoo Anders/Starbuck has. I wonder what kind of symbol it is. Here's a closeup:

w145709638.jpg

Full image here: http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/photos/uncategorized/tattoos.jpg

Obviously it's wings, but they meet in the middle to form some kind of door? Portal? And not sure what the little doo-dads along the bottom are.

Maybe someone knows....

yes and perhaps surrounding the symbol of the colony/constellation that represents it.

Yeah just checked that's the symbol for Caprica:

Last edited:
Well at least I'm not the only one feeling there's been stuff left out, not developed well, etc. I was half-blaming my faulty memory, but it looks like this is just a consequence of building a serial story without planning it out well ahead of time. I know that's the tired refrain of a B5 fan, but I can't help it- it's true.

It is absolutely true. JMS spoiled us. :)

But, for what's on television now, it's pretty darn good. For the kickass drama and action sequences, I don't get too cross about it. But, it bothers me from time to time--definitely.

I just rewatched the beginning of season 3 (first 4 eps.) Boomer was pretty useless. So many opportunities to use her and develop that whole thing more and they just didn't take the plunge.

Oh, and Garo/Galahad were both spot on in regard to the tattoo. I found this on galactica wiki:

In a TV Guide photo shoot at the BSG studios, Katee Sackhoff explained that the tattoo that Starbuck bears on her left arm is a wing and a circle and has half of the constellation of Capricorn (a reference to Caprica obviously) and a small symbol of the planet as well. It matches a mirror image of the tattoo on Anders' right arm. When the two of them hold each other with their respective arms crossing, the 2 tattoos come together to form an image of a single ring with 2 wings that is supposed to represent their union. According to Sackhoff, Kara and Anders had the tattoos done around the time of their wedding.

Oh, and I think it was Truth who brought it up on another thread that the cylon ships were like shadow vessels. I remember telling him they didn't regenerate that we knew of. That idea was blasted last episode. Nice call, Truth.

Last edited:
That's something that bugged me at the time -- now I'm not as invested in the show, so I don't especially care -- but I got annoyed that the opening credit sequence went on for so long with the line "they have a plan" and then we end up with them throwing that away. That pretty much tells me that the writers didn't have them actually having a plan, they just said it to try to hype things up without having written an actual plan that they were referencing in that line.

Oh, they had a plan all right. And that plan was "we are going to wipe out the humans." Unfortunately, we saw that plan in the mini-series, and saw them try to finish that plan for two seasons, until they started changing their tune.

So yea, it was really hoakey marketing hype...

Well not necessarily. There's still the possibility that the reveal of the final cylon turns everything on its head and it turns out there really was a greater plan somehow.

I still can't get that vision of the opera house out my head. Both witnessed by Laura and Sharon and presuambly Six. I wonder If Baltar see's himself in this vision? Hera going to both Baltar and Six and the door closing, then seeing the drawings that Hera made pertaining to the vision, then here saying goodbye, very powerful stuff and somehow sad. I may be reading way to much into this , but the vision suggested to me death of the old and rebirth of the new. You have Laura Roslyn who is a witness who is dying, you have the colonials who are dying dwindling in numbers and in strength, you have Cylons who are fighting a civil war and we still don't know for sure whether they found a cure for the disease that they got of that 3000 year buoy in space, they like the Colonials are dying, I also remember an interview in which Edward James Olmos said that he would not be surprised if everyone ended up dying, this could be a red herring for all I know. But it is something to consider. Whether the vision symbolizes real hope or a new Cycle of Tragedy remaims to be seen. because one of the show's mantra themes is that it has happened before aand it will happen again.

Last edited:
Baltar saw the vision of the opera house first on Kobol, but he hasn’t since that I recall. And I’m really not sure what it means. Athena running through Galactica the same way she was running through the Opera house was a bit harrowing.

If I had to guess, I think it means that the President and Athena are going to die by the end of the series, yet 6 and Baltar will be alive and will help raise Hera. Some of Baltar’s followers will also survive.

Just an educated guess.

Your right he did see the vision on Kobol when he was lying injured on the ground, I had forgotten that.Yeah, Sharon dying makes sense and given the fact that the Resurrection hub is about to be destroyed if Sharron dies she is not coming back. That works.

They find the 5th cylon and her name is Eve, just a thought I think we can all assume that Helo is not coming out of this alive either. This series is a such a downer maybe one reason the ratings are sliding a little humor would be nice. Even Babylon5 as dark as it be at times knew when to lighten up a little. But in BSG we get not only no humor, but not even Gallows humor and I think that is a problem.

Well there is humor here and there, it's not just the dominant mood of the series. =)

I hope they all don't die. I have a feeling Adama might--pulling some crazy ivan to save mankind. He'd be glad to go down with his ship, though. I think if Galactica blows up, that will be the saddest loss of all for me.

That kind of ending would really be depressing, but if thats the ending then simply put thats the way it is. Even though i may not like it I would respect that type of ending, grim though it might be. Galactica brings home the point that life and its circumstances can be unfair. That in the end Bravery and nobility and tenacity may in the end not be enough to ensure survival. Ill tell you this Schopenhauer the great pessimist philosopher would have been Galactica's number one fan, he would have had a field day with this series. So would writer James Branch Cabell . Phillip K. Dick if he was still alive , would have been writing for this show, because it themes alienation and paranoia would have appealed to him and style of story telling.

Last edited:
Gaeta's lyrics (for reference)

alone she sleeps
in the shirt of man
with my three wishes
clutched in her hand
the first that she
be spared the pain
that comes from a dark
and laughing reign
when she finds love
may it always stay true
----------------
This I beg for the
Second wish I made too
----------------
But wish no more
My life you can take
to have her please
just one day wake
to have her
please
just one day wake

So is Gaeta in the last supper picture? (i'm too lazy to look back through the thread).

Someone on here mentioned they thought he could be a Cylon, towards the end of the first season, or maybe at the beginning of the second. Anyway, I know it was a long while ago. Maybe he's the final one.

I doubt that one of the supporting characters like Gaeta or Dee is the final cylon.It would look too lame and simple if that's the case.I think it's going to be a much bigger surprise but I have no clue what it could be.

By the way what's going on with Kandyse McClure this season.We can hardly see her for more than 10-15 seconds for an episode.That sucks because I like seeing her and I think she's the sexiest actress in BSG.

Last edited:
She's not in the angst/emo quadrangle anymore with Kara, Lee and Anders, so she's probably enjoying her life w/o all the drama!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back