• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Galactica Season 4 (Spoilers Within)

Originally posted by Recoil

Regarding the final 5 thing. Its possible that the music was simply the point in time where the final 5 were "downloaded" onto Tory, The Chief, Sol and Anders, and that before then...what they were...who knows. So maybe the final 5 were on Earth and when that music came they were downloaded to whom they are in now.

Interesting Idea Recoil and if true would bolster the argument that the the 5th and final Cylon might be on Earth, I agree if it ends up being religious it could end up being as how killer. Forgive me Im not very good at cutting and pasting quotes.

Last edited:
You post quotes like this:

first you type [ quote ] (but without the spaces. Then you copy and paste what you're quoting. Then you type [ /quote ] (again without the spaces)

Regarding the final 5 thing. Its possible that the music was simply the point in time where the final 5 were "downloaded" onto Tory, The Chief, Sol and Anders, and that before then...what they were...who knows. So maybe the final 5 were on Earth and when that music came they were downloaded to whom they are in now.

I like that. Sure would avoid having to explain how they were cylons their whole lives.
Would also open up the possibility that these final 4 or 5 cylons could be uploaded to other people, like demon possession or something.

Would also open up the possibility that these final 4 or 5 cylons could be uploaded to other people, like demon possession or something.

And it doesn't have to be something evil or diabolically like a possession. Like Tigh was his own person until this Cylon persona forcefully entered him and took over, or erased his former self. The Chief showed signs of being "receptive" to other influences when he found that Temple of Jupiter or whatever it was called. Again, I think it might have to do with them somehow being descendants of the inhabitants of Kobol and perhaps there is just more to their existence than they know until it happens.

I don't think it all fits that neatly, but I wonder if its not something to that effect...

And it doesn't have to be something evil or diabolically like a possession. Like Tigh was his own person until this Cylon persona forcefully entered him and took over, or erased his former self. The Chief showed signs of being "receptive" to other influences when he found that Temple of Jupiter or whatever it was called. Again, I think it might have to do with them somehow being descendants of the inhabitants of Kobol and perhaps there is just more to their existence than they know until it happens.

I don't think it all fits that neatly, but I wonder if its not something to that effect...

If they go with the whole "receptive" angle, they'd have to find some way of explaining why these 4 are special. Yes, we've seen it with the Chief and the temple. What about Tigh? Maybe they could show a flashback of his youth where he hears voices or gets odd feelings he can't explain and ends up drinking to distract himself. And then there's Tory and Anders, who we really know so little about anyway.

Yea good point...there was really no foreshadowing leading up to the four that were picked...the Chief being the exception with his "sensing" of that temple. The others seemed totally picked at random. *sigh* B5 really spoiled us with its great foreshadowing and planning, didn't it. :)

Maneth said:

I'm unsure about many on that list. Do we know for sure Leoben is #2?

Yep. Cavil confirmed it a few episodes ago, that he is #1 and Leoben is #2 (And one or two of the rest, including Doral and Simon.)

Has the "opera house" been mentioned prior to this last episode? My memory and knowledge of such details pales in comparison with some of you nerds.. .er, I mean, folks.

The first time it was seen, I believe, was in season 1's, "Kobold's Last Gleaming." When the crashed onto Kobold and Baltar was having visions of it. Six took him in to show him "their baby" and the future.

Since then, the opera house has been seen in Roslyn's dreams (she and Six and Athena are looking for or trying to protect Hera.) I don't know that it was ever specifically said, "hey look, the Opera House," but I think Six told Baltar in season 1 about the place--might have mentioned what kind of place it was then. I'll have to rewatch.

The whole cancer patient thing seemed pretty pointless until Roselyn started admitting to Adama that she might believe Baltar's religious ramblings. Kira's observation that Baltar may have "stumbled" upon some truth despite his own awfulness is what helped Roselyn open her mind to the possibility of listening to the message despite the messenger.

All this reinforces my belief that the key to the end of this show lies in the religious conflict. And frankly that's worrying, as popular entertainment almost never handles religious matters well. It's always either preachy or insulting and patronizing.

I agree in that I kept wondering, "Where is this going with Roslyn?" I think it does add an interesting element that she's starting to question her own beliefs--especially since she's considered the dying leader that will never reach Earth. It's almost like Moses--who created the path for his people to get to the promised land, yet was never allowed in.

And I have no idea what the religious conflict will bring. The show always surprises.

Recoil said:

To think that Sol and the rest were actually physically on Earth as the hybrids quote said is a stretch to the extreme. More likely the final 5 were, inhabiting some other "vessel/person" and were moved into their new hosts. What remains to be seen is if these hosts have some sort of ancient tie to Kobol that allows this.

Very interesting theory. It has some good points.

I don't think they'd necessarily have their former selves erased, though, if that's what is being implied. As for them being receptive--not sure about that either. As for why? What makes them good targets?

Tory is the assistant to the president.
Tigh is the XO under Adama.
Chief maintains the vipers (or used to.)
Anders is in the public eye--could potentially sway the public.

Another idea is that when they came upon the nebula, that's when they were "downloaded" into the new hosts. It wasn't an "awakening" as they thought, but it was when the old memories from these "final five" entered them. Obviously, all has not been awakened just yet. Again, maybe all 5 must be together for this to happen. That would mean they are not really cylons, but rather, symbiotic hosts of some kind where their own true selves/consciousness can live in harmony with another.

Just thinking aloud. :)

The Hybrid's Last Batch (just for reference)

Hybrid: All these things it wants and many more, not because it wishes harm, but because it likes violent vibrations to change constantly. None shall the maidens rejoice at the dance. Structural integrity of node 7 restored. Repressurizing. The children of the one reborn shall find their own country. Intruders swarm like flame, like the whirlwind. Hopes soaring to slaughter all their best against our house.

Kara Thrace: I'm here, you wanted me here, so.....

Hybrid: Replace internal ( ? ) control accumulators 4 through 19. They'll start going ripe on us pretty soon. Compartmentalize integrity conflicts with the obligation to provide access. FTL synch fault - uncorrected. No ceremonies are necessary.

*** scene break ***

Hybrid: None shall the maidens rejoice at the dance. Structural integrity of node 7 restored. Repressurizing. The children of the one reborn shall find their own country. End of line.....re-sent. Track node monitored. Malfunction traced. Recharge compressors. Increase the output to 50%.

*** (multiple hybrid voices are heard here) ***

1 - all these things are happening and more
2 - assume the relaxation
3 - not because it wishes transfers
4 - link the photons
5 - contact is inevitable leading to information bleed

Hybrid: FTL synch fault stands uncorrected. No ceremonies are necessary.

Kara Thrace: I don't understand.....

Hybrid: Centrifical force reacts to the rotating frame of reference. The obstinate toy soldier becomes pliant. The city devours the land...the people devour the city.

Leoben: You can't hurry her, you have to absorb her words. Allow them to caress your (?) mind. Don't expect the fate of two great races to be delivered easily.

Hybrid: Assume relaxation mode. The photons in the (?) atmosphere is constant. Intruders swarm like flame, like the whirlwind. Hopes soaring to slaughter all their best against our house.

Hybrid: All these things it wants and many more, not because it wishes harm, but because it likes violent vibrations to change constantly.

Hybrid to Kara: But you are a spark of God's fire. Core update complete.

Kara Thrace: Frak. Unplug the **** thing, let's get the frak out of here...

(The Six gives the eight the nod to break the Hybrid's 'spine'...)

Hybrid: Threat detection matrix enabled. Dendritic response bypassed. The received dose is altered by the delayed gamma burst. Going active. Execute. The children of the one reborn shall find their own country. End of line.....

*** The Hybrid screams in a somewhat androgynous monotone as a nearby Centurion shoots the eight that broke the 'spine'. Everyone in the room shoots the Centurion. The Hybrid is still screaming, then Kara says...

Kara Thrace: What do you want from me? Please, I need you.

Hybrid: Ask will it come to pass? The dying leader will know the truth of the opera house. The missing three will give you the five, who have come from the home of the thirteenth. You are the harbinger of death Kara Thrace. You will lead them all to their end.

End of line.

Last edited:
The children of the one reborn shall find their own country. Intruders swarm like flame, like the whirlwind. Hopes soaring to slaughter all their best against our house.

Baltar? Is the one reborn? They’ll find their own world (Earth.) Could mean they’re some of the only ones left that actually survive. Intruders swarming like flame—people who do not believe not allowed to go? “Slaughter all their best against our house,” almost sounds Old Testament.

Weird stuff…..

The obstinate toy soldier becomes pliant. The city devours the land...the people devour the city.

The obstinate toy soldier becomes pliant. Adama? Lee? Someone who is playing at being a soldier, someone who is obstinate.

All these things it wants and many more, not because it wishes harm, but because it likes violent vibrations to change constantly.

Almost reminds me of the cylons. Some no longer wish harm to the humans, but understand change is never easy or w/o pain.

Ask will it come to pass? The dying leader will know the truth of the opera house. The missing three will give you the five, who have come from the home of the thirteenth. You are the harbinger of death Kara Thrace. You will lead them all to their end.

D’Anna will show then (and us) the final Five. The five have been to Earth in some capacity of other. Kara is the herald of the end for mankind. Wherever she goes, death goes with her. She’ll have to be “Dealt with” before they get there, is my guess.

Another idea is that when they came upon the nebula, that's when they were "downloaded" into the new hosts. It wasn't an "awakening" as they thought, but it was when the old memories from these "final five" entered them.

Actually that was exactly what I referred to in my earlier post, so yea. :)

Pfft, shows you how much I read and retain. 3 hours of sleep a night ain't working well for me. :) Didn't mean to imply that I ninja'ed your idea!

It's a good theory, though.

Normally I would issue you two demerits for such an attempt, but you used the word, or a derivative of the word "Ninja" in your post, so that negates the penalty.

I've just watched Episode 4.What happenned to Torrie?She killed Cally in cold blood and started thinking and talking like a "toaster"("we were made to be perfect" for example).Is this a hidden program inside her mind or she simply accepted her Cylon nature and embraced it.

Last edited:
Its interesting, the characters both Colonials and Cylons actions seem almost predestined from the beginning. Its as if both the history and actions have less to do with free then with predestiniation and prophecy. There is almost a preprogramed, feel to whats happening in the story. look at the fact that the colonials happened tp find Kobol by seeming coincidence,where they had no idea where it was, laura has the vision of the Opera house,

The Cylons knew where Kobol was, which did not seem to likely at all. They find the temple of Athena, there is key to open it, the arrow which coincidentally happens to be in the Museum on Caprica where Starbuck happens to make contact with anders, on of the five Coincidentally? Then StarBuck gets back the go in the temple which show them the constellations as they would be seen from Earth. then later they find a base star with dead and dying Cylons who found a 3000 or so year olld buoy which happend to be conveniently contaminated with a virus deadly to Cylons.

The on the Algea Planet, the happed to find the temple of the five, another road mark, then of course the return of Starbuck, who happens to have clue where Earth might be.It's possibl some larger force is looking out for them , but I get the sense that no one here is really the master of his or her destiny. Its like they are following a preprogramed fate. Is Ron Moore making a statement about Free will being an illusion? Is it his way of saying , Hey folks everyone is machine programed with a given destiny unable to make real choice because greater force then thy have ethced in stone those choices for them.:confused: I was just thinking out loud on this thats all.

Last edited:
Is it his way of saying , Hey folks everyone is machine programed with a given destiny unable to make real choice because greater force then thy have ethced in stone those choices for them.:confused: I was just thinking out loud on this thats all.

Yes it's strange that the most important decisions made by the BSG characters are based on something superstitious, enigmatic or totally unexplainable.Baltar,Roslin,Starbuck and others had some mysterious visions and decided to trust them even if they made no sense.

Last edited:
Yea, and by and large, I really don't like "Visions" to be major plot devices...and BSG really seems to abuse them.

I'm not much for prophecies, visions, and dreams either. Sometimes they're nice enough, but a lot of the time they seem cheap.

I think that the whole prophecy concept might be a contributing factor in the shows ratings decline. Using prophecies in a science fiction might put off some viewers.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back