• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Episode III photos *spoilers*

I guess. I'm just tired of getting all excited over these movies when, truth be told, they aren't very good. Not only that, since Lucas spaces these films so far apart, the spoiler factor is just insane. I'll go see the damn thing of course but the magic died a long time ago.

That and the cringe factor...have you heard that GL is now penning the Indy 4 script himself after firing Darabont and throwing out his script? This has caused yet another post-ponement for shooting. My god, Lucas really needs his bubble burst again so he'll stop thinking he's a writer.

I am no longer looking forward to Indy 4...now I'm dreading it.

CE

I guess. I'm just tired of getting all excited over these movies when, truth be told, they aren't very good. Not only that, since Lucas spaces these films so far apart, the spoiler factor is just insane. I'll go see the damn thing of course but the magic died a long time ago.

That is exactly and precisely how I felt when I did finally see "Nemesis" (what sadly might be the last of the Star Trek movies at least for some time).

And that has my main man in it. :cool:

But it was still a horrible movie. *cries*

That is exactly and precisely how I felt when I did finally see "Nemesis" (what sadly might be the last of the Star Trek movies at least for some time).
I dunno, I keep hearing all this talk about B&B doing another movie, which is either a prequel prequel to the orginal Star Trek (sigh!); a Starfleet Academy movie (sigh!); or a prequel about a young Kirk and Spock (which I wasn't even aware that they knew each other prior to the Enterprise, but oh well).
...have you heard that GL is now penning the Indy 4 script himself after firing Darabont and throwing out his script?
No I haven't. Jesus, someone needs to stop that man before he destroys another franchise.

Meh, meh, and meh.

And thats also too bad about GL and Indy 4. I was looking forward to that movie, but not anymore. He didn't actually WRITE any of the first three did he?

According to IMDB, he came up with the "story" for all three films, but whether he actually wrote the screenplays is beyond me. Oh, and he also came up with the "story" for a lot of those forgettable adventures/chronicles of young Indiana Jones as well.

* hmm, looks like Jeffery Boam actually wrote the screenplay for the Last Crusade. Whether Lucas actually penned the other two is a mystery.

Yea, I think I read about this at scifi.com probably.

As they pointed out, Harrison Ford is not getting any younger, or are any of the potential cast members. And GL rewriting anything pretty much just makes me feel ill anymore.

According to IMDB, he came up with the "story" for all three films, but whether he actually wrote the screenplays is beyond me. Oh, and he also came up with the "story" for a lot of those forgettable adventures/chronicles of young Indiana Jones as well.

* hmm, looks like Jeffery Boam actually wrote the screenplay for the Last Crusade. Whether Lucas actually penned the other two is a mystery.

Lucas didn't write any of the original three Indy films. Larry Kasdan wrote the first one with some help from Philip Kaufman. Willard Huyck and Gloria Katz wrote the second. And Jeffrey Boam...with some help from Menno Meyjes on the third. Lucas is credited with story on all three.

Before the SW prequels he had written ANH, then co-wrote RotJ...he did not write one word on the best SW film...ESB.

Just goes to show you :rolleyes:

CE

Lucas is credited with story on all three.
How, exactly does that work anyway? If I, for example, brainstorm with some writers and they go off and write a screenplay, would I get "story" credit? Should I? How much of a piece of the pie does the "story" guy get compared to the screeenwriter? If I'm an executive producer and I say, "hey, I want a big mechanical spider in this movie," and, because I'm the executive producer, there is a big mechanical spider in the film, would I get "story" credit as well? What if a friend, who is writing the Green Lantern screenplay, for example, calls me up (because I'm a comic book buff) and I tell him how cool it would be if he incorporated the midget-like blue-skinned Guardians in the movie (for the Yoda factor) and he does it, would I get "story" credit than?

I cannot agree with such a critical people have been with GL. I have no idea how old are the average of the people who post in here. But, at least my generation, was really astonished by the major change SW movies did to the Special Effect industry. Actually, movies such as Spider Man, X-Men, Shrek, Hulk, Day before Yesterday, Lord of the Ring and on and on have to thanks GL for his vision on working and developing special effects. He is direct responsible of developing the special effect industry. Who denies this fact it is too young to understand the international phenomena that Star Wars movies was.

I fully agree that Phantom Menace is the worst of all SW movies. He forgot the story and concentrated too much in special effects.

But, come on you guys, GL, in my opinion is THE BEST in the Hollywood tech industry. Of course, the BEST of the BEST is JMS.

He is direct responsible of developing the special effect industry. Who denies this fact it is too young to understand the international phenomena that Star Wars movies was.
I don't think anyone here has even suggested that GL didn't have a huge impact on the special effects industry. We're talking about his inability to write and direct a halfway decent film.

Ok -- isn't Luke supposed to be somewhere between 17 and 25? How does Obi-Wan go from his mid-thirties to his mid-seventies in only twenty-odd years?

I do have to say this: Hayden Christensen looks decent -- very almost-evil -- in this one. I actually love the stupid hair. Is that one of him posing with the "oh hell yes" supposed to be a reference to another famous shot of Darth Vader?

I'll see it, of course, but like they said above, it has long since lost its hold on my imagination.

Well these movies are made for kids... there's a reason Lucas makes them all PG, even the supposely super-dark Revenge of the Sith or whatever it's gonna be called. Of course they are gonna suck to the adult minds.

Me... I can't wait for obi wan and anakin to kick ass around the lava with John Williams delivering his Duel of Fates :)

Wookiees! And a (huge) Bowcaster! Wooks rule.

I can't wait til someone releases a sneak pic of General Grievous...

Well these movies are made for kids... there's a reason Lucas makes them all PG, even the supposely super-dark Revenge of the Sith or whatever it's gonna be called. Of course they are gonna suck to the adult minds.
That's pretty much the point a lot of people miss. Most of the truly rabid-SW fans were children when the first 3 were released. Now that they're older, they want a movie that appeals to them, but still kicks ass like they thought the first 3 did.

Go back and look at some of the things that happen in the original trilogy. You can count on both hands and both feet some truly corny moments. But as kids, we didn't notice or CARE.

Jar-Jar wasn't created as a character that thirty-somethings could fall in love with. Neither were C-3PO and R2-D2.

Those of us who can still get in touch with that kid inside are bound to enjoy today's movies more than someone who can't -- I think it's as simple as that.

btw... WOOKIEES! :D :D :D

Those of us who can still get in touch with that kid inside are bound to enjoy today's movies more than someone who can't -- I think it's as simple as that.
Cause if its one thing kids love, it's politics, trade federations, government and the such.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back