• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

dr.who

Well, she's returning for at least 3 or 4 episodes of the second season of the new incarnation (They're actually hoping she'll do 7).

Well .. with the doctor switching, the companion switching doesn't sound too improbable really. The new doctor being a completely new person .. what guarantee is there she'll want to hang around him? It's like suddenly having your best friend replaces with a random guy .. it .. might just not work :D

Eccleston and Piper make a great pair IMO .. but who knows how she will be with the new doctor. Having a companion / companions more fitting to him might work better.

Eccleston leaving is a bummer though, yes. There are rumours that he was never to do more than a season .. apparently lots of fans are pissed about that. Personally, I've enjoyed his performance enough that I prefer having this one season over never having had any at all :D .. also if it seems a bit early for a regeneration, not really implausible. Sometimes people just get hurt and die, also if they're not old or sick :eek:

I'm glad they have a companion-change after his regeneration. If they even make it that. Who knows?

But your main 2 characters leaving so soon into season 2 is not usually a great sign, is it? :confused:

And the rapid-regeneration theme is bound to get moronic if they aren't careful with the writing. Wasn't it a plot point that the Master was doing horrible things to extend his existence beyond the natural regenerative limit?

Man, that's twice this morning at this site I've used the word "existence". :)

Well .. the doctor is going towards his 10th regeneration. He does still have 3 lives to go after that. So they can't do it too often, no.

And Billie Piper only left quite a bit after Eccleston left, she will be there for half the second season. Good sign? Not really .. but if there's a show out there that can go on after having lead roles replaced, it's Doctor Who :D

This first season appears to have set up several "half" companions for the Doctor. However if Rose goes the family and friends will go as well.

S P O I L L E R S

What did the Doctor mean about giving Rose a bicycle when she was 12? It is not like the Doctor to go messing around in his companion's previous life without a good reason.

Andrew, no idea mate, totally missed it. Which ep?

Piper leaving is a pain, but I think they will want too keep it fresh. To be honest, no-one in the UK thought she would be much cop in the first place,

All I can say to US auidences is to bear in mind that programmes made by the BBC exist is a very different world to US TV networks, cast changes are not so uncommon. As long as its ratings stay above 5 million (which it is comofrtably at the moment) then it will be around. An entire second season and xmas special was comissioned after just one episode was broadcast, that does not happen too often.)

The writing and production teams are remaining intact, with some of the UK's best writers getting onvolved. Thats the main thing.

I just hope we get to see it some day in the USA. The last Dr. Who I ever saw was.... "The Curse of the Fatal Death" or whatever it was called.

It was done for charity, had Rowan Atkinson in it, Joanna Lumley and many others. It was quite funny for old Dr. Who fans.

The poor master and the "Bog of Eternal Stench". :LOL:

I need to check that, but I suspect my dvd player plays region 1 only. It's possible my computer might play any region, that I also don't know.

But a lot of the appeal of buying for me is "loanability". If I can't loan the set out for friends to enjoy, it's not as great a purchase. I also wanted to rent, not buy, the first disk to see if I actually like the season or not. :)

Billie Piper will return for a few eps to get the Doctor regenerated and to find a new companion, then will leave.

No...it does not sound good. Too many jumping ship too fast is never a good thing.

CE

BADWOLF

for ppl who havent seen the series yet SPOILER WARNING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------

In every episode so far there have been references to "Badwolf" here are where it been mentioned ..
1. Episode Two: The End of the World
The Moxx of Balhoon tells the Face of Boe that being trapped on the exploding Platform One is "the classic Bad Wolf scenario..."
2. Episode Three: The Unquiet Dead
Gwyneth the parlour maid looks into Rose's mind and sees "The Big Bad Wolf"
3. Episodes Four and Five: Aliens of London
A child graffiti's "Bad Wolf" onto the side of the TARDIS
4. Episode Six: Dalek
Eccentric billionaire Henry van Statten's has the security call sign "Bad Wolf One"
5. Episode Seven: The Long Game
In the year 200,000 there's a TV channel called BadwolfTV
6. Episode Eight: Father's Day
"Bad Wolf" is scrawled across a 1980s club poster
7. Episodes Nine and Ten: The Empty Child
The missile about to land on the Chula spaceship has "Schlechter Wolf" written on it
8. Episode Eleven: Boom Town
The nuclear power station about to destroy Cardiff is called "Blaidd Drwg". (bad wolf in welsh )

what is your theories on this ?
is it a person ?
an event ?
is it the doctor ?
rose ?
captain jack ?

BADWOLF

Re: BADWOLF

Oh, and go to the "Disclaimer" part of the web site, then highlight the bottom (under "THE BAD WOLF IS NOT REAL".)

:)

I love conspiracies...

VB

Re: BADWOLF

My guess is that "bad Wolf" may be referring to:

SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE PREVIEW FOR "BAD WOLF"...

The Daleks. It seems they weren't wiped out after all...and we all know Who's afraid of the big bad wolf...

I've been looking at the who is doctor who site too, there are lots of other little clues and snippets in there, like the recurring numbers too...

Hmmmmm....

VB

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back