• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Crusade Petition - To Anybody Who Hasn't Already..

Re: Crusade Petition - To Anybody Who Hasn\'t Already..

Anyhow, even if you could get a few thousand signatures, do you think it would help? Real "space" sci-fi is just too expensive right now for anyone to want to do it. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

It will probably be very hard to get even 1000 signatures. Reason: A valid email address is needed. Compared to the population, how many people do you personally know who have email? That severely limits the number of signatures we could ever get.

I don't know if it would allow others to sign using the same email address (e.g. if you had friends and family sign, using your computer and email address). The potential for abuse exists if that is allowed. After all, I could then go on and sign with 1000 different names. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I really thought I'd signed that a long time ago but I don't see my name anywhere on there. It let me sign with the email address I've had for a while so I guess I really didn't sign it before.

I think I signed it twice. I probably used my hotmail address the first time, and my .edu address the second time. (Figuring the college bit wouldn't hurt). /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Oopsie. But it did tell me I appeared to have signed it twice. So I don't know if it deleted my first entry or not.

I did get some annoying spam at my college (.edu) address after that. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Re: Crusade Petition - To Anybody Who Hasn\'t Alrea

That is one lesson I learned long ago ... if you don't want spam, don't post your email address online. Of course, by the time I figured that out, my email address was everywhere on my web site. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Also, I have a few different aliases which means I get 3-4 copies of the same spam. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

I try to minimize the amount of places my email address is posted but it is the main reason why I won't sign any online petions. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Yeah, that's the other reason. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

So do something that's more effective.

what about a picket at WB studios? but if we want to be on the news, we have to do it naked of course.

So do something that's more effective.

Honestly guys. Think about what you are saying.

1) Online Petition
2) Letter Writing Campaigns
3) Picketing Studios (which is useless because WB isnt the reason we dont have Crusade)
4) Picketing Networks

All of this for a 3 year old show that only lasted 13 episodes, and that I would wager MAYBE 5% of the population has even heard of before.

Look, I would like Crusade back as much as the next B5 fan, but there isnt jack shit I can do about it. With Crusade this much in the past there is one chance and one chance alone for Crusade. That is JMS, Netter, and the rest to have an opportunity to start a new series, and for them to WANT that new series to be Crusade. It is really in their hands. And seeing as he has started Jeremiah, tried to do a project called Polaris (which got no where unfortunately) it seems that even his priorities are elsewhere.

All the nude protesting in the world isnt going to help now, let alone anything else that we the fans can do.

And no, I dont want some crazed fan to take Bonnie Hammer hostage until she agrees to purchase 5 seasons of Crusade.
smile.gif

All the nude protesting in the world isnt going to help now, let alone anything else that we the fans can do.

Seriously? i didnt know that.

Btw that was sarcasm, just like my previous message
smile.gif

Hey, Fas. You mean you are actually cancelling the all-nude protest?
mad.gif

Just after you got my hopes up, too.
mad.gif

Nasty Fas.
wink.gif
wink.gif

alright alright, let me check the paper and look for some unjustice to protest naked about.... War on Iraq? No, no, we would probably be called softies. Besides we outsiders could be arrested and thrown into a cell for being terrorists. The church protecting pedophiles? Nah, then we would be intolerant and catholic-bashers. The oil spill in Spain? nah, that´s for hippies of course.

mmm... i got it! no, wait... i dont even want imagine what they would call us if we protested about that.

my my this is harder than i thought
smile.gif

Honestly Recoil, I think the naked picketing thing was in jest. Then again, there's the possibility that it could strike them all blind.
laugh.gif

Oh I know it was a joke, I was just using it as an example though because it was there. I knew that he didnt mean it seriously as a suggestion.

You people!
mad.gif
Get a gal's hopes up and then dash that hope to bits.

"Nude protesters appeal to Bush administration"

laugh.gif

I was just hoping to read that headline.
wink.gif

anyways, who says we need a reason to get naked, hypatia?
smile.gif
come on people, ill even bring a camera hehehe.

Cochise County, Arizona. South-eastern corner of it.
grin.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back