• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Babylon 5 calendar

Jomar

Beyond the rim
Has anyone ordered the 2002 calendar? I checked it out but wasn't impressed with the pictures they've chosen so I think I'll order the Lord of the Rings calendar instead.
smile.gif

------------------

I'll take them both. Put them next to my Playboy calendar...

re
Halldor

------------------
Gideon: I thought you said you don't hold a grudge?
Galen: I don't, I have no surviving enemies, at all.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jomar:
Has anyone ordered the 2002 calendar? I checked it out but wasn't impressed with the pictures they've chosen so I think I'll order the Lord of the Rings calendar instead.
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

>shakes head, disappointed in this thread, and I haven't even seen the calendar yet<

Did the ad. or calendar tick you off that much that you had to say that? What's the purpose of this thread?

It's the only B5 calendar choice we have. Why, why knock it? Do you think that knocking it will make somebody else come out with a better one? No, it'll just help kill the only one we have, and discourage the production of future calendars.
crazy.gif

I'm not angry, just disappointed. I just don't understand some people, and what they're trying to accomplish.
frown.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 2002 on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

Speaking of calendars... This one on Amazon.co.uk looks rather different to the one in the ad. Does anyone know what the deal is - has anyone bought it?

BABYLON 5 OFFICIAL 2002 CALENDAR

------------------
"It's animal magnetism. What can I say?"
- G'Kar, A Tragedy of Telepaths
Visit Kribu's Lounge - now completely ad-free!

The calender looks okay, but it's not something that I would spend $30 [NZ currency] on. Those of you who have got printers and scanners [I haven't] could create their own indivdualised calenders - there's plenty of great pictures on the Inernet that could be used to create your own unique calenders. Okay, there's copywright of course, but as long as you keep it inside your own home it should be okay. Those of you into the Narns or G'Kar could create a Narn B5 calender - or a Centauri one, or Minbari, or one with Earthforce cruisers - or a Sheridan/Delenn one - or a Garibaldi one - whatever your personal choice is.

------------------

Last year's Calendar was very good!!! and I hear that the 1999 one was also

------------------
"Will you follow me into fire? Into storm, into darkness, into death?!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LightNZ:
Last year's Calendar was very good!!! and I hear that the 1999 one was also

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Personally, I liked the 1999 Antioch and 2000 Slow Dazzle. The 1999 Slow Dazzle was OK.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

My apologies if I upset anyone with this thread. I have bought the B5 calendars every year and I was hoping someone might lead me to another location where there was an alternate choice.
crazy.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kribu:
Speaking of calendars... This one on Amazon.co.uk looks rather different to the one in the ad. Does anyone know what the deal is - has anyone bought it?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's strange. They're both SloDazzle and 2002.

crazy.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

There is one at Calendar Mart and also one at Amazon

They have different covers (the amazon one actually is the same cover as last year's one at calendar mart)......not sure about the inside though

------------------
"Will you follow me into fire? Into storm, into darkness, into death?!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jomar:
My apologies if I upset anyone with this thread. I have bought the B5 calendars every year and I was hoping someone might lead me to another location where there was an alternate choice.
crazy.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We're all a little on edge, with everything else that's going on.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

crazy.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I see that Kribu posted this:

Personally, I get too many calendars anyway. I love my "teachers quotes" daily calendar. And I have to get about 3 cat calendars. What I'd really like to get again in a mousepad with the year's calendar on it. Makes it easier for me to plan for my online class (avoiding things like having assignments due right after a vacation 3-day weekend, or accidentally having stuff due on Saturday or Sunday, and stuff like that).

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

"I think I speak for Mr. Bloom and myself when I say: you are the only director in the World who can do justice to 'Springtime For Hitler' " - Zero Mostel, The Producers

I've had cat calendars... but now I've just decided that if I can look at three cats every day of the year, I really don't need a cat calendar.
laugh.gif

I'm still debating between getting a B5 calendar and a Rolling Stones one... ah, decisions, decisions, why are they so hard to make?
crazy.gif

------------------

I'd like to get a B5 calender, but I just can't seem to get over my fettish of pokemon calenders.
laugh.gif

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

Is there any way to order the calendar from the US? The sites mentioned are UK-sites, with ordering in pounds, not dollars.

Tammy

------------------

"We're in here! Can anyone hear us?"
"I hear you." [giggle, laugh]
"In here!"
"We are here." [giggle, laugh]
-- Londo and G'Kar in Babylon 5:"Convictions"

Tammy's Station
http://community.webtv.net/gkarfan/TammysStation

Don't know... the US Amazon site doesn't have either of them.

But if you have a credit card, it shouldn't matter... except that the rate (1.7, or something like that, right?) might be a bit unfavourable and postage is of course more expensive than buying from US sites.

I have to admit I haven't really paid attention - it's all the same to me where I order the goods from, I still need to know the conversion rate and pay a fortune!
laugh.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kribu:
I've had cat calendars... but now I've just decided that if I can look at three cats every day of the year, I really don't need a cat calendar.
laugh.gif

I'm still debating between getting a B5 calendar and a Rolling Stones one... ah, decisions, decisions, why are they so hard to make?
crazy.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He he he. Because we sometimes need something trivial to ground up in these times of (what can you call it?) extreme weirdness!
laugh.gif

The teacher's quote calendar I can pass around at work, too, and get many chuckles. So, I'm doing a public service, kind of. In a lazy way.
crazy.gif

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

"I think I speak for Mr. Bloom and myself when I say: you are the only director in the World who can do justice to 'Springtime For Hitler' " - Zero Mostel, The Producers

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gkarfan:
Is there any way to order the calendar from the US? The sites mentioned are UK-sites, with ordering in pounds, not dollars.

Tammy

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The big bookstores here in the states will probably stock them, e.g. Waldenbooks, Narns (er... "Barnes") & Noble, etc.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KoshN:
The big bookstores here in the states will probably stock them, e.g. Waldenbooks, Narns (er... "Barnes") & Noble, etc.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't count on that... Last year, I couldn't get ANY of the Star Trek calendars..... No one carried them. Not even calendarclub, tho they have them on their web site. If you're in a massive city with tons of options, I'd say your options are better, but finding a B5 calendar in a store... probably not that likely.

I really want one, so am hoping that someone in the US imports them, as has been done with previous calendars. Even better would be Canada, with the currency exchange, but I wouldn't bet my potatoes on it.

------------------
"There are moments when we all become someone else, something other than what we are. It takes only a moment, but we spend the rest of our lives looking back at that moment in shame."

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back