• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5 Spin-Offs

Jeremiah has two main characters (three next season) which means that they appear in every single episode. There are about six or so "supporting" characters (some of whom are fairly major) which come in and out during the season.

*just putting her two bullets in about Jeremiah*
grin.gif

As Kribu said, having only two or three main chars has worked for lots of shows in the past ... Cagney and Lacey, Magnum PI, CHiPS, etc. I just can't think of any current shows that have that format at the moment besides Jeremiah.
wink.gif

<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by Kribu: </font color>
How did you know that's what I really wanted to see?
blush.gif

You can't fool us! We know what you really want, "The Kribu and G'Kar show."
grin.gif

Actually, I'd take the G'Kar and Lyta show... the 'Kribu and G'Kar show' I'd prefer to keep somewhat private.
wink.gif
blush.gif

And i'm sure they can fill up dead time and raise the ratings by having plenty of sex scenes with lyta and gkar

hehehe actually if Kribu heard of a sex scene between Lyta and Gkar, i don´t even want to know what she would do.
tongue.gif

Actually, I'd take the G'Kar and Lyta show... the 'Kribu and G'Kar show' I'd prefer to keep somewhat private.

No comments.
laugh.gif

2 things:

1) I'm staying out of this now Kribu / G'Kar thread. I'll stick to the Aeon Flux / Flipper thread going on in my head.

2) Where the hell is JoeD? Did quitting smoking kill the guy?

-Tim

Flipper, from what I have read in other threads, Joe has not posted in any of his usual cyber-haunts. Computer problems is what I've heard. He was also moving IIRC, so he's probably not dead from smoker-cessation, just really busy and without internet access probably.
wink.gif
grin.gif

Back to the original question:

Lou Welch, P.I.

Valen and the war

Who Wants to Marry a Dome Tech (Corwin)?

1) Crusade
2) Legend of the Rangers
3) Telepath War (note: this could be explained in either Crusade or LOTR)

3) Telepath War (note: this could be explained in either Crusade or LOTR)

LOTR is after the war, and Crusade was supposed only to have a few flashbacks, right? Anyways I thought the telepath war was supposed to be for a movie?

I think two of the ideas posted here could be easily combined:

A miniseries beginning with just G'Kar and Lyta that segues into the Telepath War.

Wouldn't it be cool if G'Kar fought in the war? I doubt he would, but maybe he could give Lyta a few hints -- he was in the Narn resistance long ago, wasn't he?

Wouldn't it be cool if G'Kar fought in the war? I doubt he would, but maybe he could give Lyta a few hints -- he was in the Narn resistance long ago, wasn't he?

**Possible Spoilers to the movie from the books**

Yes, but the telepath war wont be fought the same way the Narn war of independence was, so i don´t think he could give any useful hints. Gkar will be somehow involved though, that´s for sure. Actually im afraid all the cast, even unnecesary ones to the story, will be in the movie. Not sure if that´s good or not, since i i think ITB was the worst of them all because of just that. Gkar is a must, though
wink.gif

Anyways, back to your question. If you read the teep trilogy, you´ll see how the teep war is going to be mostly the resistance using bombs, i made that assumption with the flashback of Lyta and Lennier in Crusade (or rather, the flashback that was meant to be), and the fact that near the end of the third book i think Bester states something like that the resistance was considered an organization of terrorists at the time.

Still not sure about how Sheridan, the IA and the Rangers fit into the picture. only JMS knows.

**Big, big spoiler from the trilogy**

We also know that at some point in the war, i imagine towards the end, Bester and (was it 200?) of his Soldiers/P12s whatever you want to call it, are going to fall into a trap, and Bester will somehow sense it just in time, and make it out but his soldiers die to the explosion.

I think everything indicates it will not be the usual kind of war we see in the B5 universe (battle cruisers and all that). Hence the need for a relatively "huge" budget to b5 standars, JMS would have to show EARTH in 2264. That includes Geneva, teeptown, etc. and it´s important that it doesn´t look CHEAP.

And we know the Psi Corps battleships weren´t used in the war, from a script by Fiona Avery.

frown.gif
i want a movie...
frown.gif

<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by Fas: </font color>
LOTR is after the war, and Crusade was supposed only to have a few flashbacks, right? Anyways I thought the telepath war was supposed to be for a movie?

Correct. The Telepath War was "supposed" to be a theatrical release, a relatively big budget movie, but this was back when Crusade was in production. Now, thanks to TNT's utter stupidity and Sci-Fi's utter stupidity, and the resultant general demise of all things B5 and of most things sci-fi (especially space sci-fi), it'll never get made.
mad.gif

The Telepath War would make a great miniseries, as would any of the last three trilogies of Babylon 5 books:

Psi Corp Books 1 & 2 => One TV miniseries.
The Telepath War => One Theatrical Release (Budget ~$50 Million or more, hopefully)
Psi Corp Book 3 => One TV Movie.

Centauri Prime Trilogy => One TV Miniseries.

Technomage Trilogy => One TV Miniseries

I'd also like to see "The Shadow Within" and "To Dream in the City of Sorrows" filmed (TV Movies).

At this point, we'd be doing GREAT to get anything, even in a graphic novel.

Yea, if everyone in the known universe of science fiction were not abandoning "space and alien"-based science fiction.
mad.gif

I know this is getting old. But I just have a hard time believing there is "room" on televison for Enterprise, but not Rangers or Crusade.
rolleyes.gif

What people won't watch these days Joe Millionaire ?Shakes head in despair....... I want to see the all of the trilogies made into movies in addittion to To dream and The Shadow Within.

I saw a great comic not too long ago. Bizarro, as I recall. It had a picture of a TV, with the caption "This is your TV."

Then there was the picture of another TV, with the words "Joe Millionaire" on the screen. The caption read "This is your TV on drugs."

I'm convinced that the only decent shows on TV right now are Buffy and Alias (and Alias is drifting in directions I don't care for). The rest is utter trash.

I'm convinced that the only decent shows on TV right now are Buffy and Alias (and Alias is drifting in directions I don't care for). The rest is utter trash.

In addition to Buffy (I dropped Alias awhile back.):
Boomtown
The Dead Zone
Monk
Angel (How could I forget Angel?
blush.gif
)

CSI (the original, not Miami)
Farscape
John Doe
Stargate SG-1
The Agency
Red Green

Buffy is good even though this might be its final season. Alias I haven't even had a chance to watch yet. Among others for notable mention are in no particular order:
CSI
Monk
The Dead Zone
Angel
Stargate SG-1
Farscape (until it ends in a few weeks
mad.gif
)
The George Lopez Show
That 70's Show

As for spinoffs what else I've always been interested in is the early history of the B5 'verse. If we didn't know so much about the Earth-Minbari War from B5 and the movies, that would make an interesting series for me.

John Doe is decent TV? *giggles* I guess I nitpick the "Seattle" details too much to think it is a good show. However, I am curious to see where they are going with it ... Kind of like how I watch Enterprise.
tongue.gif

Latest posts

Members online

Back