• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5 Spin-Offs

I also think something combining all three parts of the B5 universe, B5 itself, Rangers, and Crusade.
cool.gif

I have to agree with Kribu. As I have posted many times in the past, I would like to see the adventures of G'Kar and Lyta.

It was in an issue of the magazine Cinefantastique where JMS said he was ready with plots for six sequels to B5. He said that during S1. I was walking in the library where I work last week, and ran across the old issue, so I checked it out, but haven't finished reading it yet. Most of the issue was devoted to B5. It was left on the table by a homeless old guy who looks like the banker in a monopoly game, who had been reading it.

You'd have too small of a main cast to make an interesting series out of the travels of G'kar and Lyta.
frown.gif

They're more interesting than 10 regular people put together.
wink.gif

The main problem with such a show though, in addition to having just two main cast members, would probably be the cost - you'd pretty much need a lot of new location stuff for every episode (although you could also have plenty of ship encounters in space, I guess... and maybe not a new planet/mysterious location to visit every week...).

They can meet them but not take them along... the ship looked far too small for that. But of course, they can meet new people and have them tag along in their own ship.
laugh.gif

They'd need to meet and "adopt" about 6 people for that to work. Is it crowded in here yet?
wink.gif

Seriously, though, I wonder if the "always needing a new location" isn't part of the reason Rangers didn't fly as a series. Yes, that would be tricky and expensive, I would think.

(Side note: I knew my comment would get Kribu going.
laugh.gif
Happy President's day to all of you in the U.S.A. Why do we have so many holidays?
rolleyes.gif
It only makes the semester longer.
rolleyes.gif
)

Then again, Crusade had the same problem with always needing a new location. Any ship-based show would, I suppose. And Crusade didn't meet with its untimely end because of the locations problem.

I still think that a show with those two main characters wouldn't really need a big crew.
grin.gif
But of course, that's just me, and probably a fairly small portion of the B5 fandom.
laugh.gif

<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by DaRkEnEdStAr: </font color>
we could call it when warlocks attack in space

With that title, The Sci-Fi Channel (US) would probably go for it.
laugh.gif

Watched and enjoyed all of B5 yet hated the characters of Delen and Sheridan?
laugh.gif
Yea, I'd say you are pretty rare, oh Queen of Kicks.

*Hyp gets ready to get kicked and/or tripped*
grin.gif

You'd have too small of a main cast to make an interesting series out of the travels of G'kar and Lyta.

I disagree! Jeremiah has a main cast of 2... and it works just fine! You could have Bester and others as recurring characters... it could be awesome.

-Tim

I thought Jerimiah had a larger regular cast than that.

I so wish it were not on Showtime.
frown.gif
I pay about $38 a month for cable as it is. To get Showtime I'd have to pay more like $75 a month. And I don't watch enough TV to justify that.
frown.gif

Here in Philly, we have one of the highest sets of rates for cable in the nation. Our base is $56.95 per month, plus $10 for HBO and another $10 for Showtime when Jeremiah is on (I don't bother with it otherwise, and grab the whole season onto TiVo). Add in the cable modem and I'm paying my cable company well over $100 / month. I've cut this cost by using Vonage for my phone service, which runs over the cable modem, and costs $25.99 / month for unlimited local and regional, and 500 minutes of long distance per month. You must have a broadband connection for this to work, however.

Our service was also horrible. The sci-fi channel using to always come in "snowy", so I ended up having to re-tape all of Bab many times just trying to get the best quality on tape. Figures the DVDs are finally coming out and all my time was wasted!

Cheers,

-Tim (currently under 2 feet of snow in Philadelphia... and glad I have cable!)

Geeze. That is expensive.
frown.gif
You need some cable competition.

I have extended basic service, by the way. At the time I was happy to pay for the sci-fi channel.
blush.gif
Now I'm happier to have the History Channel than skiffy.
rolleyes.gif

2 main characters would be nice. I've seen way to many shows that stuff 8 characters into 30 minutes that it gets way to crowded. They always end up getting rid of most of them anyway. It could a perfect strangers in space. And i'm sure they can fill up dead time and raise the ratings by having plenty of sex scenes with lyta and gkar. Gkar can finally work out his little problem with stamina.
smile.gif

How did you know that's what I really wanted to see?
blush.gif

But yeah... I agree, I really wouldn't mind a main cast of 2 if it's two interesting people. Hey, lots of cop/detective/etc shows have used that (two main characters plus perhaps 2-3 recurring characters) and it's worked just fine.
cool.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back