• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5 Scripts

Re. the classroom video, somebody asks "Any chance of seeing the rest of (sounds like "Free Spaceguards")..." and JMS points to the erased B5:TMoS 101. What did the guy ask?

After the quip about Fred Allen, JMS asks for any other questions - then says "someone who hasn't asked one yet." The person on whom we calls asks "Any chance of seeing the rest of the Crusade story?" And JMS points to the erased TMoS.

Aisling

Yikes! :eek: :eek: How the hell did I get "Free Spaceguards" from "the rest of the Crusade story?" Upon cranking up the volume on both the PC's desktop volume control and the speaker's volume control knob, it's pretty obvious. :eek: It's also obvious now that you told me, and I was listening for those words. Plus the guy did seem to have a bit of an accent.

[quote How the hell did I get "Free Spaceguards" from "the rest of the Crusade story?" Upon cranking up the volume on both the PC's desktop volume control and the speaker's volume control knob, it's pretty obvious. :eek: It's also obvious now that you told me, and I was listening for those words. Plus the guy did seem to have a bit of an accent.

[/quote]

Don't feel bad. I was *there* and I've heard JMS speak before but the transcript is going slowly simply because I miss some things and have to play it over and over. Naturally, once I *get* it, it seems obvious on every play after that. :)
Jan

Re: B5 Scripts - UPDATE

I was able to borrow some money from my mother and buy a new VCR. It is quite good, although nothing fancy. It is mono sound [but that does not really matter as it's in my bedroom and I have a stereo TV] and it has four heads. It cost only slightly more than buying one season of B5 on dvd.

I will eventually buy B5 on dvd. Although it could take a few years, I think that VHS is going to go the way of vinyl records. [Although there is still some interest in vinyl records. I work in a thrift shop, and we sell vinyl records among other things. And many of these records are brought by people who would have been born after CDs came into common usage] it's been over a year since I used a VCR, and they seem very slow when compared with DVD-players.
Also, there is the picture quality of VHS. Most of my B5 stuff was recorded from broadcasts, and the recorded image for the most part, compared with DVD, leaves something to be desired.
That said, I have been enjoy watching some of my favourite B5 episodes again - some of them I haven't seen for years.
Right now, I am in the middle of the episodes where Clark declares martial law, and B5 breaks with Earth. I know that you are not really supposed to draw allusions between a fictional TV show and RL, but so much of the stuff in those episodes seem so relevant to RL. The question of whether people who question the policies of their governments are traitors or patriots is certainly an interesting one - and probably one that will be debated until the sun explodes.

It was also slightly strange [and sad] to see Richard Biggs again. Some of those episodes were done less than ten years ago, and he looks so young. It was strange to think that he was no longer alive - although I guess he will live forever in the episodes of B5.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back