• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

how/can you put up an avatar that is not in the list of approved avatars?

A custom avatar is part of the 'premium member' package - basically you'd pay a small sum to support the site and get something in return. Unfortunately it's not available at the moment... should be back at some point, though. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

And welcome aboard. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

And IIRC it has to be a Babylon 5 shot (image) to even be a customized avatar. Only the two biggies: Antony (the owner) and Kribu (his trusty right-hand woman) get to have any avatar they choose. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Unless I can come up with a big enough bribe for Antony, perhaps. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Yeah, it would have to be a Babylon 5 (or spinoff show) shot.

And I don't think bribes would work. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yeah, the silent admin...

And he added his own. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

THen again, Kribu adds her own now too...

*feels the need to assert power and control*

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gifThrow the book at um' Antony... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif You know, I had forgotten about ChilliBear. He should post from time to time. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3 isn't too bad, Antony. Your control is an iron grip on everyone else, so that should make you feel better. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

It's just Kribu who should get the award for best avatars. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif It's so cute!

It's just Kribu who should get the award for best avatars. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif It's so cute!

They're not always so cute, if you remember some of her previous ones. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

You are just jealous that you can't have what you want. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

what about original artwork that's b5? i have a great drawing of super deformed b5 characters

I'm afraid not. It's basically any shot from and B5 and Crusade episode, or from Rangers, unaltered. And no black and white shots. A bit strict, but we had to have a boundary, and that was a clear one.

Just out of curiousity, why did you choose that particular boundary? Is it for standardization of image type? I have no concern about this issue, just curious.

Kribu, I'm still trying to figure out what the current avatar is. I just can't make it out! It's probably one of those things which will be obvious when you tell me /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

It's two cat paws sticking out from the top of a bookshelf. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just to create a unifom look across the board. Otherwise things would look very patchy. Then there's the case of ugly avatars, or objectionable ones, and where to draw the line. Could I say they can't have that avatar, just because it looks crappy?

So sticking to B5, solves all that. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The no black and white restriction is because B&W photos are used by cast.

Members online

No members online now.
Back