• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Alright, so let's speculate...

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
Re: Alright, so let\'s speculate...

Hi,

I'd love to get my hands on the scripts if someone could please send them to me? Very, very interested to find out exactly what's in them after reading the speculation!
smile.gif

sarahmg@bigpond.net.au

Ta!
Sez

------------------

I found my Ofiicial B5 Mags!!!!! I have all the issues from Nov 99 to July 00 (final issue).

The following is printed in the Nov 99 issue (number 17)...

114 To the Ends of the Line
Wr: J. Michael Straczynski
The Excalibur gives chase to a ship which looks like the on that destroyed Gideon's ship, the Cerberus, many years ago. This episode would have seen the Excalibur crew return to using their black uniforms.

116 Value Judgements
"I did what was necessary. There were casualties on both sides of the war. The difference is, when you win the war, you're a hero; when you lose you're a criminal..."
-Alfred Bester

The appearance of Alfred Bester, now on the run following the Telepath War, poses some difficult decisions for Lt. Matheson...

***J. Michael Straczynski has confirmed that the above episodes would start any second season***

No Production Number
Tried and True
Wr: Foina Avery
Dureena "graduates" as a theif. But will her patron, Mafeek, let her continue aboard the Excalibur?

115 End of the Line
Wr: J. Michael Straczynski
This episode would have completed the planned 22 episode first season and culminated in a shoking finale for one of the Excalibur crew.

Ok, so there's not much new here. But the comment about season 2 sure is interesting!

smile.gif

------------------
The Corps is Mother, the Corps is Father
Trust the Corps

Thanks, Bester. Any more info on that sword arc story? I think there was an interview with Larry DiTillio?
smile.gif

------------------
vakie

[This message has been edited by vakie (edited May 12, 2001).]

Yeah, I've just found the interview with Larry D...no mention of the sword, though
frown.gif

However, this is pretty interesting:

...the show's untimely cancellation meant that his script, The Walls of Hell, never progressed past the story stage.
"[Joe] wanted to do a three-parter to end the first series' run. Rich Mueller was going to do the first part, I would do the second part and Joe would do the third part. He said 'Here's what you've got to work with: at some point in Rich's episode Dureena is captured by this huge, ethereal-looking ship and taken away. In the second part, as long as they're looking for Dureena, you can tell the story you want.' The only problem was, Joe then told me, 'You only have two of the characters to work with, Gideon and Matheson,' so basically I had two guys in a room talking to work with."

According to this, the season was gonna end on the three-parter concerning Dureena!?!?!?!?!

That's the last I'm gonna type-up from the mags, as I don't know much about the copyright laws and I don't want to do anything I shouldn't (if I haven't already!!!!!!)
smile.gif

------------------
Trust the Corps

Yeah. Or maybe the third part was the first version of End of the Line. And things were re-arranged at a later date.

------------------
Trust the Corps

I guess Larry just meant that it would've been right at the end of the season, and 'End of the Line' would then follow right after the 3 parter and end the season. The sword is after all mentioned in 'End of the Line'.

Nevertheless, interesting info, thanks.
smile.gif

------------------
vakie

I'd also like to get my hands on copies of the 3 scripts; I read them back when they were on bookface.com, but would like to do a reread (after the rewatch of Crusade
smile.gif
).

dmz@tffenterprises.com

Thanks much in advance.

-Dan Zimmerman

[This message has been edited by dmz (edited May 13, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bester:
As far as I now, no other scripts were written.

I do vaguely remember reading somthing a couple of years ago about the plan to have Dureena kidnapped by a giant alien spaceship sometime in season 1.

Does anyone else remember this?

This sub-story may well have resulted in Dureena finding the sword.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And this was supposed to be a series of three scripts, with the ending of the season being turned into a continuing episode. The beauty of it is one of the writers in a sci fi mag article told him that jms told him that he would only have two characters to work with Gideon and Galen to worry and plot to find dureena.

sounds promising that my captain would have been just fine after that nasty shooting.

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine
(he just doesn't know it yet, LOL)

Hey all, I'm new here but would REALLY like to read the unproduced Crusade scripts. If someone would shoot them my way or provide a link I would much appreciate it. Thanks!

paddyb2k@msn.com

P.S. What was the reason for the uniform change? I saw the episode when they changed over, the "I look like a bellhop" remark was hilarious! But was the change a plot point? Someone mentioned they change back, or were they referring to the uniform "change" due to JMS' preferred order of the episodes?

------------------
"During a witch hunt, don't get caught wearing a pointy hat."

Hello everyone! ran accross this board looking for "B5" ship wallpapers and I ended up hitting the motherlode! This site is awesome! I had no idea another "B5" series was coming out in "B5LR." I have been a "B5" fan since the first year and wanted to be a "Crusade" fan as well until it was cancelled. I was hooked on "Crusade" after watching "A Call to Arms". What got me was the new Earth Force(Alliance) ship, the "Excalibur. That ship rocked! Too bad there wasn't a fleet of them to kick some serious Drahk butt. They still piss me off! I watched every episode recently of "Crusade" on the SciFi Channel, putting up with the music score and all! The music kinda grows on you if you close your eyes and grit your teeth
wink.gif

If there are scripts of episodes out there. please add me to the list. I look forward to learning more about B5LR.

Cyberian Knight

------------------
No Surrender, No Retreat
JMS

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GideonsMine:
The beauty of it is one of the writers in a sci fi mag article told him that jms told him that he would only have two characters to work with Gideon and Galen to worry and plot to find dureena.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>That's incorrect... The characters were Gideon, Matheson and Trace.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Valen2k1:
What was the reason for the uniform change? I saw the episode when they changed over, the "I look like a bellhop" remark was hilarious! But was the change a plot point?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>First, they filmed 5 episodes with the grey uniforms. Then TNT came with several suggestions, one of them was a change in uniforms. So the black uniforms were created. TNT also demanded that the black unifrom episodes aired first, so "Appeances" was written to fit they grey uniforms in at the end.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bester:
Yeah, I've just found the interview with Larry D...no mention of the sword, though
frown.gif

However, this is pretty interesting:

...the show's untimely cancellation meant that his script, The Walls of Hell, never progressed past the story stage.
"[Joe] wanted to do a three-parter to end the first series' run. Rich Mueller was going to do the first part, I would do the second part and Joe would do the third part. He said 'Here's what you've got to work with: at some point in Rich's episode Dureena is captured by this huge, ethereal-looking ship and taken away. In the second part, as long as they're looking for Dureena, you can tell the story you want.' The only problem was, Joe then told me, 'You only have two of the characters to work with, Gideon and Matheson,' so basically I had two guys in a room talking to work with."

According to this, the season was gonna end on the three-parter concerning Dureena!?!?!?!?!

That's the last I'm gonna type-up from the mags, as I don't know much about the copyright laws and I don't want to do anything I shouldn't (if I haven't already!!!!!!)
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Drakh -- this was a quote from Bestor from and article that he read. Please don't correct me, I got it from this board as you could tell from the quote itself.

Either way, my hopes were back up, from the name "Gideon" which would mean my captain would survive. Which was the only point of the post.

Hey I am overly hormoned, what can I say?

Besides most of you are much more informed than I am. I just love the idea of the show.

Must admit though I like black uniforms better except Gideon's butt looked wonderful in those grey pants. But the bellhop remark was just classic. I laughed so hard I cried, only because I was thinking the same thing. It was a sad ep though because of the death's and i suppose that may be one of the worst parts of a captain's job.

Oh, you bevy of knowledgeable folks, on the episode that centered on Max, there was a dedication at the end of it to someone's cat who was now chasing star mice. Can someone explain? Sorry to hear about the cat dying in advance.

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine

[This message has been edited by GideonsMine (edited May 15, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by GideonsMine (edited May 15, 2001).]

Ohhhhhh, now I feel bad. I hate it when one of my beloved pets dies. They are family and its hard.

Oh well, I hope he is enjoying his "star mice" at least since heaven is everywhere and in everyone.

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine

I was in a chat with JMS on scifi.com when they were having horrible technical problems. He mentioned his cat running for cover, or something like that. With a great mind like JMS, I find it very fitting he likes cats! They keep you on your toes. Especially if you have a cat door, and your cat decides it is time that you learned how to hunt mice! They bring in live, sometimes very active samples to train you with. Yes, that keeps you on your toes, you can bet. :0

------------------

I have received a variety of "presents" over the years from my fur monsters.

I wouldn't necessarily consider the lizard or the dead mouse or bird (one brought it home alive for me to fix) presents, but they seemed quite pleased with their accomplishments.

Yes, we are ruled by Cats. One does not own a cat. The cat owns you.

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine

My dad had a cat once, her name was Gizmo but she ate some rat poison one time. She tried to get back to my dads house and we found her in the back garden and took her to the vets but she had to be put to sleep. She was not evan 1.

------------------
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." -- Captain Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie (The Drumhead)

To GideonsMine and drakh:

Please read my second post dated May 12th!!!!!!!

------------------
Trust the Corps

[This message has been edited by Bester (edited May 15, 2001).]

Ok, I reread, but maybe I am still missing something. Oh well blame the sinus attack, it is bad right now.

Do I go back to being a raving ninny over the possibility of my captain dying or what?

Arghhhhhhh.

Gary Coles lives on thankfully, but what about my Captain Gideon???????

Back to losing sleep over it.

Yes I know I am a little weird. But I am perfectly sane, it's the rest of the world that is nuts. Duh!

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine

"Mr. Kitty" was JMS's cat, who apparently passed away sometime before the episode was filmed, perhaps before it was written.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back