• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Alright, so let's speculate...

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

Alright, so let\'s speculate...

I just finished reading the unproduced scripts of Crusade (thanks Deviot, Star, et al
smile.gif
).

So what does everybody think would have happened in Season 2 and beyond? Is Gideon dead? Does Galen feel responsible? Does the information about the Shadowtech ever get out? What about the rest of the crew?

I think that Galen ends up saving Gideon's life again - this time not because he has to protect the Technomage secret, but because Gideon is his friend. I also think that Galen uses Shadowtech to save him. This would keep Galen and Gideon at odds, but would also put Gideon in a place to be able to relate to the Shadow hybrid people and in a place to think like the Shadow ships.

Just speculation...What do you think?

------------------
You are finite. Zathras is finite. This...is wrong tool.

jtk724@hotmail.com

Re: Alright, so let\'s speculate...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Zathras:
I just finished reading the unproduced scripts of Crusade (thanks Deviot, Star, et al
smile.gif
).

So what does everybody think would have happened in Season 2 and beyond? Is Gideon dead? Does Galen feel responsible? Does the information about the Shadowtech ever get out? What about the rest of the crew?

I think that Galen ends up saving Gideon's life again - this time not because he has to protect the Technomage secret, but because Gideon is his friend. I also think that Galen uses Shadowtech to save him. This would keep Galen and Gideon at odds, but would also put Gideon in a place to be able to relate to the Shadow hybrid people and in a place to think like the Shadow ships.

Just speculation...What do you think?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good speculation. I haven't seen the scripts, but I like your ideas. Does Galen have access to the Shadowtech (other than his own implants)when Gideon is shot? Given that he lost Isabelle because he couldn't use his destructive spell. I would imagine that Galen would do everything he could to save Gideon (that is if he is saving him out of friendship).

Would Galen feel responsible for witholding the info from Gideon? He might...for putting Gideon's life at risk again (if you count what happened in "The Well of Forever". And even then, he felt that he was doing the right thing). I wonder if Galen would be at a crossroads here. First (In the "Passing of the Technomages" book) he had to respect the Circle's decsion about his destructive spell, and so, it cost him the life of the one he loved dearly. Now he is witholding info to protect the Techno-mages, and possibly Gideon, and it may cause him to lose another person. "[I only apologized] Once. And like everything else, it was far too late." (Galen, "Path of Sorrows"). Or as Gideon put it, "You try to make up for one mistake and keep overcompensating and create new ones." ("PoS").

------------------
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things." Elric the Techno-Mage, "Geometry of Shadows"

I've read them and they would have made excellent shows.My guess would be that Earth's black project would've got out and s*** would hit the fan amongst the other worlds and we would have found out more about the apocalypse box which Galen suspects.

------------------
Emporer Turhan-"How will this end"
Kosh-"In fire"

Where did you find the "story"? I'd like to read it, then I could speculate as well
smile.gif

There's a point that everyone seems to forget, what about Dureena's people? They are suppose to have only 1 year to live.. will they find a cure in that short period of time?

------------------
We live for the one, we die for the one

Enti'Zha:

(Greetings, oh exalted one.
smile.gif
)

JMS has indicated that an apparent cure would have been found during S2, but it would not be what it seemed. So that would likely have been enough to at least reset the clock for Earth and for Dureena's people. I may be able to help you find the script referred to above. Send me an e-mail if you're interested.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

If someone has these can you e-mail me them at CaptDS9E@aol.com please. I would love to read them

capt

------------------
DS9 and B5. Who would have thought 2 of my fav shows would take place on stations in the middle of nowhere :)

I like to think that Gideon did die. His death would have galvanised the rest of the crew, and then they would have taken up his cause.

jms has said that the Drakh plague was just a method to get to the *real* Crusade story. Maybe Gideon was a part of this method, and he was always meant to die at the end of season 1.

------------------
The Corps is Mother, the Corps is Father
Trust the Corps

Perhaps... But that would let a lot of the forshadowing in the first season go to waste.

None of the forshadowing was exclusive to Gideon.

------------------
Trust the Corps

I just read the 3 scripts and i must say I am now even more pissed at TNT then before. These 3 stories were excellent. Hopefully down the road these will be made into movies or something because it kicks major ass :), not to mention some hilarious lines

------------------
DS9 and B5. Who would have thought 2 of my fav shows would take place on stations in the middle of nowhere :)

I think drakh meant the foreshadowing concerning Gideon and the Apocalypse Box.. Like Galen telling Gideon he is using something that is beyond his control, or maybe it is using him.

If Gideon would die, we'd never find out what would've happened between him and the Apocalypse Box. And it would've been a rather meaningless death, just being shot like that. If he's gonna die, let's have him sacrifice his life to save someone or the entire crew.

I don't think it would've been a good ending for Gideon to die at the end of season one. I much rather would've enjoyed seeing him being the captain for the entire 5 years. Was there really anyone that could've replaced Gideon on the ship? They would've had to bring in someone new, and we already had different captains on B5, and the 'death' of Sheridan.

vakie

------------------

[This message has been edited by vakie (edited May 06, 2001).]

Interesting speculations. That Gidion dies, or at least dissapears would fit to the Babylon 5 Universe. Can sombody send me this unproduced scripts,please. I would realy like to read them.
svenb78@hotmail.com
------------------

[This message has been edited by Sven (edited May 06, 2001).]

I just hope they don't meet up with those shadow/human people again if we get more Crusade...they gave me the *creeps*!

I guess they probably would meet up with them again, though.

Tammy

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vakie:
If Gideon would die, we'd never find out what would've happened between him and the Apocalypse Box. And it would've been a rather meaningless death, just being shot like that. If he's gonna die, let's have him sacrifice his life to save someone or the entire crew.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The box would have just passed onto another member of the crew. Probably Dureena, as Gideon told her to search his quarters if he were to die.

And as for a meaningful death, he was shot in order to keep a conspiracy under wraps. This consiracy probably would have torn E.F apart if it got out. Sounds pretty meaningful to me.

------------------
Trust the Corps

It seems to have become a trademark of sorts for JMS to leave the 1st season of a B5 show with major characters in VERY dire situations. I think that the Crusade finale was meant to cause A LOT of speculation on the part of the fans. Observe...

Gideon is the captain, so is he going to vanish like Sinclaire did?

Also, he's been shot like Garibaldi was. Is he going to pull through like Michael eventually did (by means of advanced alien technology, I might add)?

Both are plot deviced he's used before. Will he stick to what's been done, or choose another road?

Had Crusade continued, I think JMS would've been kicking back in some comfy chair with a cigar thinking to himself, "I really got 'em this time," as we vigorously debate back and forth.

Genius, JMS. Sheer Genius.
cool.gif

------------------
You are finite. Zathras is finite. This...is wrong tool.

jtk724@hotmail.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Zathras:
Both are plot deviced he's used before. Will he stick to what's been done, or choose another road?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sinclair didn't die at the end of season 1. He was removed from the station, but continued to play a very important part in the overall story arc.

The death of Gideon would be something entirely different. Imagine the effect it would have on the rest of the crew. They would suddenly find themselves with the responsibility to not let Gideon's death be in vain (the same kind of responsibility Gideon had when the Cerberus was destroyed).

How would they deal with this responsibility?

They could go public, with the obvious risks that carries. Or they could keep quiet until they (covertly) find more proof.

But who knows?? With jms anything is possible!!

------------------
Trust the Corps

[This message has been edited by Bester (edited May 07, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Bester (edited May 07, 2001).]

But..but..but..I don't want Gideon to die! Nooo...
frown.gif

------------------
vakie

[This message has been edited by vakie (edited May 07, 2001).]

It seems to have become a trademark of sorts for JMS to leave the 1st season of a B5 show with major characters in VERY dire situations. I think that the Crusade finale was meant to cause A LOT of speculation on the part of the fans. Observe...

Gideon is the captain, so is he going to vanish like Sinclaire did?

Also, he's been shot like Garibaldi was. Is he going to pull through like Michael eventually did (by means of advanced alien technology, I might add)?

Both are plot deviced he's used before. Will he stick to what's been done, or choose another road?

Had Crusade continued, I think JMS would've been kicking back in some comfy chair with a cigar thinking to himself, "I really got 'em this time," as we vigorously debate back and forth.

Genius, JMS. Sheer Genius.
cool.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hissssssssssssssssssssssssss

I have been ranting and raving about this very fact since I read those suckers.

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Actually, I have lost sleep over this.

He did it to me with Sinclair, I would have screamed, cried, and turned the show off. I would have been very angry.

At this juncture, JMS had not had the time to really establish character analysis and empathy so there would have been nothing other than maybe what would have happened to Galen that would have kept me interested.

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine
(he just doesn't know it yet, LOL)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bester:
The death of Gideon would be something entirely different. Imagine the effect it would have on the rest of the crew. They would suddenly find themselves with the responsibility to not let Gideon's death be in vain (the same kind of responsibility Gideon had when the Cerberus was destroyed).

How would they deal with this responsibility?

They could go public, with the obvious risks that carries. Or they could keep quiet until they (covertly) find more proof.

But who knows?? With jms anything is possible!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not a bad thought, except the crew doesn't know what Gideon and Galen encountered on the planet. so your thought process is skewed. And even Matheson wouldn't know because he hasn't been back to the Excalibur, he is with Galen and Galen drops him off on Mars, he has conversed only with Max and no other member of the crew. His deal with Dureena I believe is before he goes to the planet. And she is supposed to make it look like a theft.

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine
(he just doesn't know it yet, LOL)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GideonsMine:
Not a bad thought, except the crew doesn't know what Gideon and Galen encountered on the planet. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've always considered Galen as one of the crew. Following the shooting of Gideon, I'm sure Galen would have told the rest what he saw, given the circumstances.

------------------
Trust the Corps

Back