• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Allright, your fave episode of each of the 5 seasons

Sniff, he took my name.
frown.gif

S1: "Signs and Portents"
S2: "In the Shadow of Z'Ha'Dum"
S3: "Z'Ha'Dum"
S4: "Into the Fire"
S5: "Sleeping in the Light"

------------------
"Ink on a page." -Refa describing the moral depths of a treaty.

Just want to say that reading all the posts in this thread has brought home again how there is absolutely no other show that equals Babylon 5. It's really sinful that it was never even considered for an Emmy.

My thanks to all the posters for saying what they liked about the various episodes. It reminded me of how much I had forgotten.
smile.gif

------------------

S1: Midnight on the Firing Line (So many of the seeds are planted in this ep.)
S2: Coming of Shadows
S3: Severed Dreams
S4: Whatever Happened to Mister Garibaldi? (I like the mystical junk.)
S5: Sleeping in Light

*Sigh* Maybe I'm too conventional...

BTW, I think the Gathering won an Emmy for makeup.

------------------
"We are (not) all Kosh."

I'm only 5 eps into season 4,
so here goes:
S1: Believers- i sat staring at the screen after this show,
i couldnt get get mind around it, i mean
they killed their own child , I had never seen anything like this on tv before,
got me hooked on B5 like a prize catch.
S2: Comes the Inquisitor, Wayne Alexanders acting just blew me away on the second viewing, and Gkar with hand sliced open: dead! dead! dead! wow!
S3: Zhadum, with Rock a close second. The balcony scene was just magnificent. Chris Franke's music rising , Anna and the shadows closing in, Whitestar crashes thro the ceiling, JUMP, JUMP NOW!.
S4:Whatever Happened to MR G-
Great londo -Gkar scene and (all together now) DELENN!!!!!

------------------
Never use a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem

Well my favourite episodes from season 1 are:

And the Sky Full of Stars, Babylon Squared, Signs and Portents, Grail and Mind War.

Season 2:

The Long Twilight Struggle, The Fall of Night, The Geometry of Shadows, In the Shadow of Z'Ha'Dum, All Alone in the Night, and I loved the one moment of perfect beauty, oh and Comes the Inquisitor.

Season 3:

War Without End (but only counted as one), Severed Dreams, Shadow Dancing, Z'Ha'Dum, Passing Through Gethsemane, Interludes and Examinations, And the Rock Cried Out No Hiding Place, A Late Delivery from Avalon I loved season 3 I really did!

Season 4:

The Deconstruction of Falling stars, Rising Star, Into the Fire, Endgame and Intersections in Real Time.

Season 5:

Sleeping in Light, Learning Curve, A View from the Gallery, Objects at Rest, The Very Long Night of Londo Mollari.

Does that answer the wuestion at all? does this tell you anything about me?

------------------
"We Live for the One. We die for the One!"

Incidentally, I thought the dirty perv sequence at the end of season 4 with G'Kar using his remote eye to peek in on John and Delenn consumating their vows was pure comedy! LOL
laugh.gif

------------------
"We Live for the One. We die for the One!"

[This message has been edited by Galahad (edited November 07, 2001).]

Series 1... oooh, tough one! So many good eps.. I think I'll have to go for Babylon Squared, the ep that generated so many questions...

Series 2 - Long Twilight Struggle. After that ep, I never really trusted JMS again!

Series 3 - Severed Dreams. Pure class.

Series 4 - lots of good stories, hard to single one out... Between the Darkness and the Light was pretty moving though.

Series 5 - The Fall of Centauri Prime. Nuff said.

WarpPig

------------------

Season 1:

Signs & Portents: It begins to tell the major arc story of Babylon 5 with Mr. Morden, the Shadows and it has a great battle-sequence and good music, also that little sense of mystery with Kosh and his connection to the big picture.

Season 2:

It's a tough one as many eps in Season 2 are quite good. And Now for a Word is a very good one to watch with the perspective being done by ISN. All Alone in the Night would be my favorite as it explains quite a bit more about the big picture and Sheridan's connection with Kosh is very good.

Season 3:

Severed Dreams cannot really be disputed as being my favorite ep.

Season 4:

Again it's a tough one, but I think The Long Night and Endgame would be my favorites.

Season 5:

Objects at Rest is probably my best from this one as well.

------------------
"It is the Errors and faults of we,
That we fight for our nation,
Against a darkness that we forever see."

Tough to choose between some of them, but here goes:

Season 1: Parliament of Dreams, because Londo is a riot and G'Kar has some fun with Na'toth; but Chrysalis comes in at a very close second because of the major chill factor.

Season 2: this was a tough choice, but I think The Long, Twilight Struggle comes in first.

Season 3: this was the best season overall. Convictions is just one of the most hilarious episodes ever, and Point of No Return, too, but Severed Dreams is without a doubt my favorite episode of the entire show (nothing gives me more massive chills than seeing the Churchill collide with one of Clark's ships); Z'ha'dum comes in second.

Season 4: The Summoning and Into the Fire were pretty good, but Endgame won it overall.

Season 5: (there were good episodes?) Sleeping in Light

------------------
"Do you know what the last Xon said just before he died? Aaagggh!"

[This message has been edited by TimovsVomit (edited November 11, 2001).]

SOME SPOILERS:

Season 1 - "Infection": JMS doesn't seem to like this episode but I think it foreshadows earth brilliantly. I mean the Ikaarans basically become paranoid and overcompensate an invasion that ends up being the destruction of their race. While Earth later on, we start seeing paranoia and this idea of pure humans, leading to civil war. Then they get this idea that the rangers are infecting the human race and holding them back, so start a war leading to Earths destruction.

Season 2 - "Comes the inquisitor": Definately a great episode, it peeled away the bullshit that surrounds a lot of people and got to the very core of what people are. Helped me realise some things.

Season 3 - "Interludes and Examinations": An amazing play on past setups and very sad.

Season 4 - "Facing the enemy": Kinda weird, but the music in this episode is why it's my favourite.

Season 5 - "Sleeping in light": Doesn't need an explanation.

------------------
Marc Cosgrove

"From chaos, order came. As was inevitable." -Summoning light

- Chrysalis: "Nothing is the same anymore."

- The Long Twilight Struggle: "No dictator, no invader ..."

- Severed Dreams: "Only one human captain has ever survived battle with the Minbari fleet."

- Endgame: "... We have come home."

- Sleeping in Light: "Babylon 5 was the last of the Babylon stations ..."

Admiral Dave

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back