• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Allright, your fave episode of each of the 5 seasons

SEASON 1 - where Londo & Lennier play poker! SEASON 2 - "Acts of Sacxrifice"
SEASON 3 - "War Without End" 1&2
SEASON 4 - "Endgame"
SEASON 5 - "Sleeping in Light"

------------------
"I don't watch TV. It's a cultural wasteland full of inappropriate metaphors and an unrealistic portrayal of life created by the liberal media league."
- Guard outside Sheridans cell in "Between Darkness & Light"

As an Aussie I've only seen the WHOLE series just the once, and only some episodes I'd taped more than that. I couldn't give a fave for every season but I will go this far:

S3: "Shadow Dancing" - I watched this no less than 8 times and nearly died when I accidentally taped over it - does anyone know where I can get any Mpgs, videos, dvds etc of this ep...ANYWHERE??? I always remember the scene with Sheridan and Delenn in their ship watching and directing the battle, and the way the SOUNDS were worked into it...and then this battle of hope and victory is so masterfully and simultaneously recreated with Franklins' experience. For me this was not only the BEST ep of B5, but the true turning point from hope to hope.

S4: Probably "Deconstruction Of Falling Stars"...it showed us the end, the last page of the novel we're all tempted to read, and it was grand, but it didn't give away the rest of the story that JMS had to tell.

S5: I guess "Sleeping In Light". It's the "Shadow Dancing" that I DIDN'T tape over. It's the end we all knew was coming and probably forgot about. So much focus on just one person, and yet all the time you can't help but remember every other character that touched you throughout the series, esp. for the "toast". It's a sad ep. but well written and fair.

------------------
"You can get more with a kind word and a 2x4 than you can with just a kind word"

Season 1: "Believers" Why? Because this kind of stuff enver gets done on television and it kicks ass

Season 2: "The Long Twilight Struggle" Why? Do you really have to ask

Season 3: "Severed Dreams" Why? Can you say emotional rollercoaster?

Season 4: "The Deconstruction of Falling Stars" Why? Hehehehe

Season 5: Besides SiL, "A View From the Gallery" Why? A differnt view of what's going on

------------------
We're all born as molecules in the hearts of a billion stars, molecules that do not understand politics, policies and differences. In a billion years we, foolish molecules forget who we are and where we came from. Desperate acts of ego. We give ourselves names, fight over lines on maps. And pretend our light is better than everyone else's. The flame reminds us of the piece of those stars that live inside us. A spark that tells us: you should know better. The flame also reminds us that life is precious, as each flame is unique. When it goes out, it's gone forever. And there will never be another quite like it

This is difficult. Some of my favs are the hilarious ones, others are the ones that give me chills. Still, here's an attempt:

Season 1) Chrysalis. So much happens, and explosion of Earth Force 1 is one of my most chilling moments.

Season 2) The Fall of Night. I especially like Sheridan's speech "I'm sorry I waited so long before blowing you straight to hell...after all, it's the thought that counts." Kosh rescuing Sheridan, and the comments and looks on the faces of the various alien races are great.

Season 3) This is tough, but I'll have to say Z'ha'dum, for the great chill factor. But Point of No Return and Severed Dreams aren't far behind. Season 3 has to be my favorite season over all.

Season 4) Endgame, definitely.

Season 5) Sleeping in Light.

This is difficult. Some of my favs are the hilarious ones, others are the ones that give me chills. Still, here's an attempt:

Season 1) Chrysalis. So much happens, and explosion of Earth Force 1 is one of my most chilling moments.

Season 2) The Fall of Night. I especially like Sheridan's speech "I'm sorry I waited so long before blowing you straight to hell...after all, it's the thought that counts." Kosh rescuing Sheridan, and the comments and looks on the faces of the various alien races are great.

Season 3) This is tough, but I'll have to say Z'ha'dum, for the great chill factor. But Point of No Return and Severed Dreams aren't far behind. Season 3 has to be my favorite season over all.

Season 4) Endgame, definitely.

Season 5) Sleeping in Light.

Just realized that I've never replied to this topic yet...
blush.gif

Season 1. Several great episodes but my favourite has to be The Parliament of Dreams, both for the A-story (the religious festivities) and the B-story (G'Kar facing the assassin). That was just about a perfect episode, especially for season 1.

Honourable mentions go to Mind War, Signs and Portents and Chrysalis.

Season 2. Even tougher. I'm tempted to say it's a draw between The Coming of Shadows and The Long, Twilight Struggle. If I absolutely had to choose, it would be the latter. Drama at its best.
smile.gif

Season 3. Now this is where it gets really difficult. Even though 3 is my favourite season, it's hard to pick just one... anyway, just to avoid naming the usual (and wonderful) "trilogy" of Messages from Earth, Point of No Return and Severed Dreams, I'd choose Dust to Dust - as G'Kar's final turning point, this was perhaps one of the major events in the whole series.

Honourable mentions go to Ship of Tears and The Rock Cried Out...

Season 4. Another tough one... The Summoning. Can't really explain why, and it's one of the hardest episodes to watch, but just amazing.

Season 5. The Fall of Centauri Prime. This one episode alone would have been worth having season 5, although I loved the season on the whole. It's also the only one that makes me shed a tear (or several) even after repeated viewings.

------------------
"It's animal magnetism. What can I say?"
- G'Kar, A Tragedy of Telepaths
Visit Kribu's Lounge - now completely ad-free!

My favorites from all 5 seasons well now first season is tough one but I like The War Prayer , Parliament of Dreams ,Soul Hunter .
2 Revelations
3 Grey 17 is missing
4 Attonement
5Day of the Dead

------------------

My favorite episodes of each season:

Season 1: Chrysalis
Season 2: The Coming of Shadows
Season 3: War Without End 1 & 2
Season 4: Moments of Transition
Season 5: Objects at Rest

------------------
All my life I've had doubts about who I am, where I belong. Now, I'm like the arrow that springs from the bow. No hesitation, no doubts. The path is clear.
-Ambassador Jeffrey David Sinclair, War Without End

Now mine:

Season 1: Chrysalis

Season 2: The Coming of the Shadows

Season 3: And the Rock Cried Out...

Season 4: Deconstruction of Falling Stars

Season 5: Sleeping in Light

the end. I love all of these episodes.

------------------
"Tho' much is taken,much abides; and tho' we are not that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
-- Alfred Lord Tennyson
A poem left by Jeff Sinclair for John Sheridan

Favorite TV movie: The Gathering. There's so much arc stuff in this episode. I just wish season one had been sustained at this level.

Season One: "Midnight on the Firing Line" The only episode where we got to see a bad side to G'Kar(arguments are welcome). I love arc episodes that aren't quite arc but are arc. They're the best.

Season Two: "Hunter, Prey" We got to learn about Kosh and we got an arc story line that wasn't entirely an arc storyline. I like arc that's subversive.

Season Three: "Grey 17 is Missing" The Garabaldi Zarg seens make up like ten seconds of the episode. And it wasn't even that bad. Most of the time he has really funny conversations with Zack. The thin air fat air quote got quoted by one of my friends so it go b5 to be mentioned. Good seeing Neroon and Rathenn.

Season Four: "Rising Star" I love this episode because it is so off format. Just brilliant story telling.

Season Five: Tie between No Compromises and The Paragon of Animals. I just love these eps.

------------------

A newbie here, so pardon any repetition of above posts:

SEASON ONE: "Signs and Portents." This was the first B5 I ever saw in its entirety, and the space battle was the most amazing thing I'd seen on a TV show. Also got my first fleeting glimpse of a shadow vessel, and the future destruction of B5. I was hooked.

SEASON TWO: While the arc eps are fantastic here -- "Coming of Shadows" and "Fall of Night" in particular -- I have a real fondness for "Comes the Inquisitor." Beautifully directed by Mike Vejar, with a stunning performance by Wayne Alexander as Sebastian.

SEASON THREE: So many! "Messages from Earth" rewards repeated viewings, as does "Severed Dreams."

SEASON FOUR: "Endgame," which gave me the rush and thrill I'd been expecting at the end of the Shadow War.

SEASON FIVE: "And All My Dreams Torn Asunder." Stunning direction by Mira Furlan's husband, and a great script.

------------------

Season 1: I like "Soul Hunter" and "Parliment of Dreams". I loved Londo's little speech: "Everybody's cute, everybody's cute!" I also like "Chrysalis."

Season 2: "Coming of the Shadows."

Season 3: "Z'Ha'Dum." I really like the scene when John and Delenn fought. It was really well done. I also like "War Without End"

Season 4: I can't think of one off of the top of my head.

Season 5: "Wheel of Fire" and "Sleeping in Light."

EntilZhaDelenn

------------------
"There is always hope. It is the one thing no one has figured out how to kill yet." Galen.

"It's a shame our reality is devestating." Eve What's Going On?

"Oh, but who are they to judge us? Together we can all be strong." Alicia Keys, What's Going On?

"Oh, brother, brother, brother. There's far too many of you dying." Gwen Stefani, What's Going On?

Actually, I'm kinda biased towards the shows that have good special effecrts and nice Wars but I loved many dramatic and comedic ones as well.

Ranking number one
The Long Twilight Struggle: The best of the best of the best save for Sleeping in Light. Drama, Conflict, loyalty, the beginning of G'Kar's tru destiny as leader of the Narns, this episode has it all. Who can forget G'Kar frantically praying while his uncle gets slaughtered? And his humility when asking for sanctuary?

Raking No. 2: Sleeping in Light
Do I really need to explain?

Sheridan: Goodnight, my brightest star.
Delenn: Goodnight, you were my sun, my sky and my moon.
frown.gif
frown.gif

By the gods it was one of the few things in TV that made nearly me cry. Well OK, the WTC attacks made me cry and yes, I howled like a dog.

Ranking no. 3: Interludes and Examinations
The death of Kosh. Effects of his death sucked but the scene where he talked to Sheridan as his dad was so touching. And if I hadn't known what was coming, I would have been shocked like hell at his death. The conflict between Sheridan and Kosh was also good. In the end, everyone of us felt closer to Kosh because he displayed nearly human emotions towards his death.

Ranking no. 4: Whatever Happened to Garibaldi
For some reason, this also made my soul felt touched. Why should you continue to live? To save the world? In the end it boils down to one thing. The person you love. Say it with me people...

DELENN!!!!!!!!

Ranking no.5: And the Rock Cried out no Hiding place
Bye bye Lord Refa. And let's have some Gospel music while you prepare to face the fiery pits of hell for the thousands of Narns.

Of course, its hard to choose the best 5 out of at least, 20 good episodes. Then again, this is open to debate.

------------------
May you all be well and happy, free from suffering, free from sickness.

Season 1: Deathwalker (I know it's outside the arc, but it's a neat idea with a nice twist at the end)

Season 2: Confessions and Lamentations (a powerful episode; I would possibly prefer one or more of the last 3 eps--"..Struggle", "..Inquisitor" & "Fall of Night"--but for some reason, I just haven't seen them enough times all the way thru to remember everything about them)

Season 3: And The Rock Cried Out No Hiding Place (as I've mentioned here before, it was this episode that was a revelation to me; when I saw it, I knew I liked B5 better than Trek)

Season 4: The Long Night (not sure why; the first 6 eps of s4 make up my favorite storylines in the whole arc, so I guess this is my favorite of the season by being the best of those 6 eps)

Season 5: The Fall of Centauri Prime (I consider this to be the culmination of the G'Kar and Londo characters; there's a little bit of "clean-up" in the next couple episodes, but except for what happens in the novels and their final fate in the future, I consider this to be the significant end of the road for my two favorite characters)

------------------
An Old Egyptian Blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places that you must walk.

Thoughts & prayers to citizens of NY, DC, and to us all.

In chronological order,
Season l. Babylon Squared. I saw the series back in the beginning and I had a hard time with the first year until this episode. I finally began to like Sinclair and I liked the mystery of Babylon 4.

Season 2. The Coming of Shadows. It was good enought to win the Hugo Award.

Season 3. War Without End - really two episodes but I'm counting it as one. It brought Sinclair back and cleared up the mystery of Babylon Squared, and the time travel, and the first Kiss.
smile.gif

Season 4. So hard to choose, but I'll say Falling Towards Apotheosis.

Season 5. Sleeping in Light first and foremost, as my favorite episode of the whole series.

------------------

Season 1 - Chrysalis

Season 2 - The Long Twilight Struggle

Season 3 - Severed Dreams

Season 4 - End Game

Season 5 - And All My Dreams Torn Asunder
(shoud be Sleeping in Light, but this is not an episode, is a piece of art).

Almir

------------------

Season 1: 'Chrysalis'

So much packed into 42 minutes. Delenn looking at Kosh and then going into her change. A mysterious man and his 'associates' in black ships obliterating a Narn outpost, helping Londo -- and Londo's reaction. Garibaldi uncovering a plot to kill the President, and getting shot by his assistant. Sinclair getting engaged. Everyone's look of helplessness as they watch Earthforce 1 explode. 'And so it begings', 'Nothing's the same anymore' Everything in this lets you know there are BIG things happening soon.

Season 2: 'The Coming of Shadows'

While there are 3 others that I REALLY like, I have to pick this one, even though its obviously the award winner for the season. The story is amazing. Narn and Centauri come inches from a new peace, and by the end, are at war. Lots of great things in this ep.

Season 3: 'Severed Dreams'

Another full episode. Delenn breaking the Grey Council. The drama of Earth ships vs Earth ships, Sheridan's talk with his dad, B5 breaking away and going independant, Delenn and the Minbari coming to B5's rescue and her speech to the Earth ships. Lastly, who can forget the Narn security running in and dying in large numbers to the Earth Force attackers, giving their lives to defend an Earth station --- bound by duty to G'Kar and Narn.

Season 4: 'Whatever Happened to Mr Garibaldi'

I really dig the whole Sheridan/Lorien scenes. Also G'Kar searching for Garibaldi, getting caught, and his bargin with Londo.

Season 5: 'Fall of Centauri Prime'

The Londo/G'Kar scenes and Londo's 'reflection' on his history at B5 before he is forced to give into the Drakh is the best part of the whole 5th season. Lots of conflicting emotions here.

(Sleeping in Light I don't tie to Season 5 since its the series Finale)

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

Hmmm lets see
Seas1-Chyrsallis-it sets up the rest of the series
seas2-A fall in the night-You see Kosh sort've
seas3-Severed Dreams-Great CGI and storyline
seas4-Endgame-Again great CGI helps and you see the overthrow of Clarke
seas5-Sleeping in light-sad but beautiful
frown.gif
frown.gif

------------------
"When it is time, come to this place, call our name, we will be here" -Walkers of Sigma957

Season One.
And the Sky Full of Stars. It gives you a pretty good idea of why Sinclair is so troubled, and JUST WHAT IS DELENN UP TO? After this ep, I had her marked down as a baddy - talk about screwing around with your expectations!
Chrysalis. Everything is happening at once! Garibaldi is shot in the back, Santiago dies, there's that attack on Quadrant 37. And G;'Kar isn't blaming the Centauri. And just why is Delenn going under wraps?
Season Two
Points of Departure. All Change. Sheridan is very different from Sinclair, like a big kid let loose on the sweet shop when he arrives on B5. However, there is a more thoughtful side to him.
RevelationsSheridan is shown to be a lot more than a gung-ho cowboy. G'Kar returns with some very disturbing news. Garibaldi's awake, and Delenn is out of her cocoon
. Soul Mates. The interaction between Londo and his wives is hilarious. And Delenn is in a tangle over a bad hair day.
In the Shadow of Z'ha'dum. Sheridan shows a much darker side to his nature here. And we finally learn what has been going on for the past two seasons. Dramatic and intense.
Confessions and Lamentations. Painful to watch, but very good. And just when it looks as though there's going to be a happy ending ....
Divided LoyaltiesI sort of figured out fairly early on who the unwitting traitor was, but it still comes as a surprise. And that realtinship between Talia and Ivanova. Did they, or didn't they? And the 'motorbutt' scene!
Long Twilight Struggle. G'Kar's speech at the end - Londo might have brought him down, but he hasn't won. And again, so much happening.
Comes the Inquisitor. Not one I can watch too often - it's too painful seeing Delenn going through all that torture - and as for the actor playing JTR - major creepola!
Season Three
Passing Through Gethesmene. And interesting and thoughtful ep. When does justice become revenge, and how far should it be taken? And should someone continue to be punished when they're no longer the person that committed the crime?
Voices of Authority[/I. Things are getting sticky, and Sheridan has his hands full - literally!
Messages from Earth. The Shadow's influence is even wider than we thought.
Point of No ReturnExactly that.
Severed DreamsThe gloves are off, and everything is in the open.
Ceremonies of Light and Dark. Those Nightwatch guys really give me the creeps.
War Without End. Talk about a shock ending!
And the Rock Cried Out 'No Hiding Place'.Developments on all fronts.
Season Four
Whatever Happened to Mr Garibaldi, Falling Towards Apotheosis
Atonement. We finally learn what happened all those years ago during the first tragic encounter betrween Humans and Minbari - and Delenn's part in it.
Rumors, Bargains & Lies, Moments of Transition. the Minbari Civil War. Was anyone expecting Neroon to do what he did?
Season Five
Wheel of Fire - it's worth seeing for the sight of Delenn cursing and swearing.
Sleeping in LightTalk about a sad, bittersweet ending!!!

------------------

I've been ignoring this thread so far but have decided to pop in anyhow with my 2 cents worth.

I haven't posted in this thread yet because I can't bring myself to pick just one favorite episode from each season. There are just too many excellent episodes in all 5 seasons for me to pick just one in each season. Trying to pick just one would be a quandry that I don't want to get myself into.
shocked.gif
smile.gif

------------------
The Whitestar Salad Bar, our last best hope for peace, and a good meal too!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back