B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Classic: Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.related

Closed Thread

Old May 7th 08, 05:26   #131
vacantlook

Re: Battlestar Galactica The Greatest Scif show? or Babylon 5 [Spoilers for BSG S4]

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinker2222 View Post
Was the reply addressed to you? No. So why butt in?

It was addressed to another person directly. When I want you, I'll call.

T.
I'm not butting in; I'm trying to help moderate this crazy ass thread.
Old May 7th 08, 05:27   #132
Jan
Psi Cop

Re: Battlestar Galactica The Greatest Scif show? or Babylon 5 [Spoilers for BSG S4]

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypatia View Post
Have a great time at the convention. You don't miss many of them, do you?
Thanks, Hypatia. The fun thing about going to cons is often getting to meet the people you've been talking to online, sometimes for years.

Jan
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Old May 7th 08, 05:33   #133
Jan
Psi Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacantlook View Post
I'm not butting in; I'm trying to help moderate this crazy ass thread.
VL, I apologise for baiting the troll. I'm out of the conversation unless I have something valid to add to the thread.

In fact, I wish I did because, while I liked BSG a lot until the unrelenting grimness caused me to give it up. IMO, even though it didn't always work, the humor that crept into B5 even during the most intense episodes is one of the things that made it so effective.

One of these days I'll have to give it another try.

Jan
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Old May 7th 08, 05:39   #134
vacantlook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
VL, I apologise for baiting the troll. I'm out of the conversation unless I have something valid to add to the thread.

In fact, I wish I did because, while I liked BSG a lot until the unrelenting grimness caused me to give it up. IMO, even though it didn't always work, the humor that crept into B5 even during the most intense episodes is one of the things that made it so effective.

One of these days I'll have to give it another try.

Jan
There is no need for you to apologize.

I continue to watch BSG, but I do agree. The show is all dark, all the time, even moreso now than when it started, and it's my biggest complaint about the show.
Old May 7th 08, 06:03   #135
hypatia
First One

He's grand entertainment.

Obviously, since being one who has seen, but is no expert on, B5 and one who has not seen much at all of BSG. What do you think brought me to this thread in the first place?

I heard rumors... had to take a peek for myself.

The trouble is, now I kind of feel sorry for the boy.
Old May 7th 08, 06:34   #136
thinker2222
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypatia View Post
He's grand entertainment.

Obviously, since being one who has seen, but is no expert on, B5 and one who has not seen much at all of BSG. What do you think brought me to this thread in the first place?

I heard rumors... had to take a peek for myself.

The trouble is, now I kind of feel sorry for the boy.
http://babylon5techmanual.yuku.com/topic/1772

http://babylon5techmanual.yuku.com/topic/2268

http://babylon5techmanual.yuku.com/topic/2299

http://babylon5techmanual.yuku.com/topic/2301

http://babylon5techmanual.yuku.com/topic/1777

Most of the B5tech board was lost in the transfer from EZ board, but you get the idea.

Refuted. You might also take back that crack about "boy", "friend".

I am an expert-a good one.

T.
Old May 7th 08, 06:43   #137
Kribu
Administrator

I have a suspicion that this thread has moved a bit too far from any reasonable discussion by now to be got back on track.

Garovorkin, it was a good idea for a discussion! I apologise for having to close the thread, but the name calling on both sides has got a bit too enthusiastic.

Please feel free to discuss the merits (or the lack of them) of BSG in particular in the Non-B5 books, TV & films forum. There are several threads already dedicated to the show there. And any comparisons to B5 are always welcome in that forum as well!

Thinker2222, I appreciate your wish to come here and defend your opinions, as a review by you was posted here apparently without your consent, but debate generally works better if you don't start by putting down the opposite side right away.

B5TV.com is generally a friendly, laid-back place, where a lot of people have become good friends, and having a new person come aboard and immediately start acting condescending towards almost everyone here, in essence calling people stupid for liking a show (and carrying on to insult also the people here who are not that keen on BSG or haven't even seen it), is not going to give good results.

By all means, continue discussing BSG in the Non-B5 books, TV & films forum, but please keep your posts criticising the show, not the people who for one reason or another find it worth watching and are happy with it.