• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Battlestar Galactica The Greatest Scif show? or Babylon 5 [Spoilers for BSG S4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
xkcd to the rescue:

duty_calls.png

If you think it applies to only one person on the boards lately... you are missing the point entirely.

That strip is always about you, whoever you are.

That XKCD strip wins the internet.

However, with our last clique of wankers having given up on us .. I think we needed some new wankers around here.

Oh, wait ... no. We really didn't.

thinker.jpg

Chili, that was class.

Garovikin, ignore lists are your friends. I wish I had one that worked in real life when I was back in school.

Last edited:
Darth , Im sorry , I went a little over board I hope I have not worn out my welcome on this site. When it comes arguments ,I sometimes don't know when to cut my losses and move on to the next topic.

Last edited:
yeah unconventional 4 and 6 letter descriptives including those with ing don't tend add anything of substance to points of arguments. If anything it demonstrates a lack of command of argument respect and decorum on the part of the user, which is very unfortunate, because it doesn't tend to make the person saying them look to bright.

Last edited:
Interesting...........................

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...e:WANKER&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title

Personal insult addressed to a debater is not my style, unless merited.

I see not one yet attempt, aside from me, to argue ON POINT.

Emotionalism is not reasoned discussion, "ladies" and "gentlemen".

The object exercise is to establish that Ron Moore's creation is either "art" or a good "show". Not one concrete argument yet has materialized to prove that it is, however there is a growing body of [my] concrete examples to show that it isn't even third tier science fiction, like Blake's 7.

That is the heart of discussion of THIS thread after all; reasoned argument and educated opinion about that show's status, backed up by FACTs.

Now, does anyone have negation? Not opinion NEGATION. In case you don't know what that means; that is a presentation of objective internal evidence from the series, itself, independent of appeals to authority, straw men, red herrings, debater character assassinations, publicity propaganda, and other logical argument fallacies to defend the premise that Ron Moore's show is a good show.

And don't cite a vague generalized concept like its "complexity". If you don't have proof examples, specific proof examples, you have NOTHING.

Examples for reference:
http://babylon5techmanual.yuku.com/topic/1279

http://babylon5techmanual.yuku.com/topic/1302

http://babylon5techmanual.yuku.com/topic/1254

Note the poverty of ideas in the reviews that afflicts Ron Moore's treatments? Imitation of others. requires some originality, not direct one to one ripoffs of better writer's ideas badly executed.

GINO is not a good show, it isn't even a bad show-its a terrible show as the evidence body shows; and none of you has established one fact in evidence to negate that [my] premise.

NOT ONE OF YOU.

T.

Last edited:
I don't watch this show. I saw the original mini series and it did not pull me in. I cannot comment on the overall quality of the storyline. However, I do have one comment about this:

GINO is not a good show, it isn't even a bad show-its a terrible show as the evidence body shows; and none of you has established one fact in evidence to negate that [my] premise.

NOT ONE OF YOU.

I don't quite grasp how one establishes "facts in evidence" regarding your extreme disgust with BSG? I do not see how facts have anything to do with an individual's opinion of what makes a show great. Sure, argue why you like a show or not. You have been vehement in your examples of what you see is wrong with the show. I will certainly not disagree with your assessment. On the other hand, why does your opinion carry greater weight than someone like me saying "I really enjoy the general direction of the story, and I love actors X, Y and Z in their roles"? Long-winded analysis, while insightful, doesn't mean "rightness".

That is the heart of discussion of THIS thread after all; reasoned argument and educated opinion about that show's status, backed up by FACTs.

Now, does anyone have negation? Not opinion

Thinker, I think this is were your getting off on the wrong foot. That isn’t the reason for this thread. It’s not at the heart of the discussion, it’s not meant to have reasoned arguments or educated opinions and IT IS meant to contain opinions.

Calling you a wanker (I laughed my arse off when I realised you looked up the word) is a bit strong, but you are insisting on changing a casual conversation between folks into something else, and expressing bewilderment in the fact no one wants to play on your terms.

Lots of people are calling Battlestar Galactica the best science fiction show ever and probably the best science fiction show of all time. I think is a great show and yes its won a Peabody Award, but really the Greatest ever? I don't think so. Its it the greatest science fiction show ever? again I don't think so. I would put it in the top ten science fiction show of all time. But lets face facts Greatest science fiction show of all time winner and still champ Babylon 5 hands down. Lets see some opinions on this one.

That's the original post from the person who created the thread. Note the word opinions.

Start a new thread for a formal critical analysis of the show if that’s the way you want to go

Just a thought.

Last edited:
Given how this has ended up. I almost wish I hadn't started this thread. There was nothing pleasant what thinker and me end up turning it into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back