• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

John Iacovelli passed away (64)

That’s too young. I’d heard that the average lifespan in the USA is going down but I seem to be hearing about so many people in their late 50’s or 60’s passing away. That’s sad. I know, that’s life, but still sad.

Sixty-four is no age at all. Very sad to hear.

Star Trek had the bigger budget, and it was usually evident on screen, but I always thought that the set design was more often than not better on B5 than Deep Space Nine. Just compare C&C to DS9's ops, or the Zocolo and central corridor with its illusion of distance and curvature to the promenade.

One thing that drew me to Babylon 5 was the sets. I loved the realism of what I could imagine a space station trying to do what they were doing might look like. There wasn't the ideal aesthetic of the utopian Star Fleet. It looked like a real low lit working enclosed environment. This is something I want SOOOOO desperately to transfer over to any reboot concept and I was hopeful Iacovelli would be around to pass on that spirit. Alas it was not to be. Now I can only hope his creation is taken into account for the future.

Latest posts

Members online

Back