• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Huh... funny thing I just noticed...

Derian

Beyond the rim
Jeffery David Sinclair
David Sheridan - John's father
David Sheridan - John's son (no doubt named after his father)
David - The lead in B5LR

Odd....

------------------
"Expect me, when you see me."

Yes, we started to discuss this recently in here.
Another David that can be added to the pile, is the main character, the detective from 'Midnight Nation.'

invalensname

------------------
"There is always hope. Only because its the one thing no one's figured out how to kill, yet."
--Galen, 'Crusade'

[This message has been edited by invalensname (edited April 29, 2001).]

Don't forget David Corwin.

------------------
Aphelion

I had just remembered Corwin and came back here to mention him, but found that I'd been beaten to it.
smile.gif

JMS must really like the name.... or something.

------------------

Well, it truly is worth investigating.
Anyone want to volunteer for a mission to seek plausible answers to the David issue?
I would love to find out if JMS has a close family member with the name, or something. But I have so many other things on my plate at the moment. Tell ya what, it would sure as hell make for an interesting section of my up-and-coming site!

Speaking of such, for those unaware, I am going to put together (sounds funny when I word it that way for some reason...). I think I have decided to do a general JMS site, complete with a section for each of his series' and comics. What I am trying to come up with now is a real catchy name. That and I am trying to locate the font used for the titling of the 'Rising Stars' comics.

invalensname

------------------
"There is always hope. Only because its the one thing no one's figured out how to kill, yet."
--Galen, 'Crusade'

Hey, if you need any help designing, let me know.
smile.gif
Also, I have a fair to decent PHP back-end written that I now use on all my sites, should you want such a thing.

------------------

Thanks Derian.
I am just trying to decide that now (the design). I love making the graphics for sites more than anything. Its the html design that is the difficult decision. There is always so many possibilities...

invalensname

------------------
--Galen, 'Crusade'

[This message has been edited by invalensname (edited April 30, 2001).]

I believe I read somewhere that JMS' father is named David, but I can't recall where, so don't give me thirty lashes with a wet noodle if I'm wrong.
smile.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Citizen V:
I believe I read somewhere that JMS' father is named David, but I can't recall where, so don't give me thirty lashes with a wet noodle if I'm wrong.
smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, we wouldn't let you off that easy...hell, it would be fifty lashes if we bothered to do it at all. I mean, if we are going to undertake such a task, might as well get the most out of it. lol!

laugh.gif

invalensname

------------------
--Galen, 'Crusade'

oh we can't forget about David Ivoniva, and David Garibaldi, and David Kosh, and DAVID galen, and david Lorien, and david shadow, and david spoo, and david brevardi, and david....

smile.gif

------------------

Why don't we bring in Star Trek's David Marcus while we're at it.

------------------
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." -- Captain Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie (The Drumhead)

Maybe JMS is making David a common name in the future just as John is a common name now. Then again, it may mean nothing at all and he just kept doing it not realizing what he was doing. It would be nice to get his insight on this issue though.

------------------
You name it, sooner or later, everyone comes to Babylon 5.
-Commander Jeffrey David Sinclair, The Gathering

Latest posts

Members online

Back