• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

How Will B5 LOTR Avoid being cancelled?

Bottom line...any channel that has funds to put crap like Black Scorpion on...can afford a real show like the B5 genre.

------------------

On the other hand, before we place too much faith in SFC, we should remember what they did to MST3K.

------------------
Before you do battle with dragons, remember that you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I have faith in the SFC. I was blown away by them airing the LBX B5 eps. I can't imagine that B5:LOTR could be worse than Crusade... No I didn't/don't like it. No telling how good Crusade could have been if TNT had let JMS do his thing. I have to think that the SFC would give JMS free reign to do what he has to create an awesome story
laugh.gif

------------------
Regards,

Darran "Max" Hight
smallforest@mindspring.com
Marysville, CA. USA

"There is a difference between knowing
the path and walking the path"
- Morphius

AnLa'Shok: the Rangers
http://anla-shok.s5.com/

The simple way to make sure the same thing dosnt happen is this. Write to sci-fi channel. Tell them your feelings about it. Tell them you want a series for rangers, or to continue crusade or whatever else you feel like :) Trust me it helps expecially with non major tv channels who rely on a certain group of viewers such as us sci-fi fans. I just got into B5 and dont know most of what happened in the original b5 , but i liked crusade. I thought it had a lot of potential but TNT screwed it up for everone. I wish it would continue at least for another season or a Movie to wrap up how they found a cure. Im very excited Ranger may become a series.

Capt

------------------
DS9 and B5. Who would have thought 2 of my fav shows would take place on stations in the middle of nowhere :)

What they did to MST3K?

A.I loved that show. Still do.
B.It had been on for 9 years. I'd say that was a good run.
C.MST3K wasn't pulling in high enough ratings for it to stay on the air.
It was taking 2 hours of their air time and time is money. If you were in their place..even if you loved the show...you'd have no choice but to cancel it.

There was also what they did to Sliders...but once again they had no choice.
You have to make a decision not knowing the outcome. So you have to make what seems like the best choice.

But then there's what they're doing for an awesome show like LEXX(which JMS happens to like and has recommended BTW) which they've saved from obscurity and given it's small legion of fans(it usually doesn't even make the top ten on SFC) a new season this summer...even though it might not get high ratings.

Look at all stations and you'll see they make good and bad choices(yes even TNT.)

------------------
"I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike as a warning to the next ten generations that some favors come with too high a price. I'd look up at your lifeless eyes and wave like this. Can you and your associates arrange it for me, Mr. Morden?"
Vir - In The Shadow of Z' HA Dum

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>It seems like a really good concept, and having a fan favorite (G'kar) should probably help it survive.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not to rain on anybody's parade, but nobody has said anything about G'Kar being in the series. All JMS said is that a "fan favorite" would be in the pilot film. We now know the "fan favorite" is G'Kar, but that's all we know. (Also I'll have to check the chronology from the Legion of Fire books, but I'm not sure that G'Kar is - available - for the presumed five year run of B5LR.)

Jean-Luc Picard was in the DS9 pilot, after all, but that didn't mean he was going to be a regular.
smile.gif

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
Jean-Luc Picard was in the DS9 pilot, after all, but that didn't mean he was going to be a regular.
smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WHA-WHAT? He Wasn't in the series? NOOO!!!
So all that time, I thought he had somehow used some miracle hair fix that changed his skin & hair colors, voice, and name? Damn.
frown.gif
Well, there you go. You've completely ruined my fun
laugh.gif

------------------
I'm too lazy to write out the sig again.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back