• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Cover of Centaurri Trilogy book III and Sheridan's beard

Sir Robin

Cover of Centaurri Trilogy book III and Sheridan\'s beard

Ok, I have 2 comments. Well one is a question.

I am about halfway through the 3rd centaurri trilogy book. I was looking at the picture on the cover. It has Shiv'kala on the left and Emperor Mollari on the right and in the middle Sheridan and Delenn holding each other from that scene in WWE I & II. Now, in this picture John has his army of light uniform on. Now, I am fairly certain that in WWE that he had some sort of leather jacket on similar to what he wears in ACTA. Just a small nit pick.

Now, I do have a question that I have been wondering about for some time along these same lines. In the picture again and in WWE. Sheridan has no beard. Remember this was season 3. So, my question is does he have a beard when this happens or not? Maybe it is explained further in the 3rd book. Because we know he has a beard before it and after this event. So, does he shave it and then grow it back. Or does he always have it, but because he jumped forward in time to him he doesn't have it ,but to those in the proper time, i.e. Londo and Delenn they see him still with the beard.

What do you think?

------------------

Re: Cover of Centaurri Trilogy book III and Sheridan\'s beard

It's picture art yo. Don't read too much into it. It is supposed to look pretty so people will pick the book up off the shelf and maybe buy it.

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> It's picture art yo. Don't read too much into it. It is supposed to look pretty so people will pick the book up off the shelf and maybe buy it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you missed the spirit of my nit pick. It was not meant to be mean.

------------------

IIRC Sheridan's beard appeared to grow during Intersections in Real Time and he didn't shave it off. However by the start of Season 5 he had changed the style and removed as much as he could and still call it a beard. JMS wanted a beard but Melissa didn't like it.
crazy.gif

------------------
I always seem to be diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

IIRC Sheriden had a beard in SIL and the third book was set just a couple of years before SIL....

------------------
"When it is time, come to this place, call our name, we will be here" -Walkers of Sigma957

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sir Robin:
I think you missed the spirit of my nit pick. It was not meant to be mean.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think Recoil meant that cover art isn't always all that accurate. Heck, the cover art for Casting Shadows sort of made Galen look like a girl.
crazy.gif
Even the author thought so, when I brought this up on rastb5m.

Some of the books have great cover art, and others don't. Some capture the look of the actors, and others just look sort of generic.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

You want to REally get an earfull on this subject, attend a con that has Authors & Artists as guests and ask Them what they think about the "cover art" business.

Artists complain because they often get a single Page with a paragraph or even Less hilighted along with instructions to "make it look like this".

The Better, more established artists can get away with insisting on getting the entire Book to read.
The rest take what they can get.

The authors have some Really bad stories.

Like artwork that gives away the ending.
Artwork that depicts a Black person when the character in the book is Irish.
Or Native American.

Or had the "art director" call up and say:
It's Perfect.
Except it's Blue.
Can you do another one exactly like it in GREEN?
This one was Especially annoying because the Book said Blue and the Artist knew it.
But the art director insisted that Green is better for Sales.
BTW, they Didn't change the Text.

All four of these examples actually Happened.

Beards & Jackets are small potatoes.

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back