• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Woo hoo - finally S4 DVD arrives in the UK!

Who'd you order it through? I used Play.com, and got it on Saturday. I got my Firefly DVD (also released Monday) last Friday!

VB

I'm going to order the Region 1 version. After hearing about the new packaging, I've given up on Region 2 Babylon 5.

Call me a "package perfectionist", but I'm not having my shelf ruined by Warner Bros. "quality control."

It may cost me a bit extra, but I'm fed up with shoddy R2 releases...

I'm going to order the Region 1 version. After hearing about the new packaging, I've given up on Region 2 Babylon 5.

Call me a "package perfectionist", but I'm not having my shelf ruined by Warner Bros. "quality control."

I agree with you on this. New packaging sucks ass. Generally speaking. It's even worse than previsous three when it comes to holding DVD's unscratched.

I agree with you on this. New packaging sucks ass. Generally speaking. It's even worse than previsous three when it comes to holding DVD's unscratched.
Yeah - what is with these individual covers?
The shoddy packaging of S3 was at least easier to deal with - without all the discs falling out of the box every time you pick it up.

PS I ordered mine through Amazon

I dont post often... I like to read and lurk!!

But I got my S4 today and was really disapointed and angry about how poor it looks. Not to mention it doesn't match the first 3!!!

I just had to add my two pennies worth of comment!!

I am so unhappy with it I am sending it back and re ordering a R1 copy!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

ps Can any one from R1 confirm that the packaging hasnt changed? Before I do send it back!! :LOL:

ps Can any one from R1 confirm that the packaging hasnt changed? Before I do send it back!! :LOL:
I'm not from R1 but have bought all five seasons as R1 sets from Canada. All the seasons have the same design (a bit shiny outer box, "book-type" disc holder thingy).

Of course, by buying a R1 set you'll also have to be prepared for potentially several loose discs thanks to that particular box/holder design - apart from S5, all the earlier sets I got had 1-2 discs loose (fortunately no major scratches and all seemed to be fully playable).

Yay, mine arrived today too :) Part of me wants to watch it as soon as I get home from work, but the other part of me wants to wait until I get my new home entertainment system with surround sound etc. Hmmm, what a dilema :eek:

Also, I think I must be the only person who likes the new packaging using the individual boxes - it still looks the same on the shelf. I found that the older packaging did not stand up to much use and looked quite battered by the time I had watched an entire season!

personally I like the individual packaging.

at least my discs are not scratched!

And Joes commentary on disc 6 is wonderful.

Just like the whole of season 4

:D

It finally came, ordered it on amazon - just cos they had B5 and Kill Bill cheap, why be different now. I started as a B5 fan two months ago on the cheap and so I will continue! I think next time I'll order it on Play as I've heard good things.
I undid the packaging on the boxset and all the boxes went flying.
I kinda like it - it woulda been nice to get this set from the start, as my S1 boxset is already falling apart.

Just got seasons three and four this morning and spent most of the day watching random episodes from both seasons. Personally I prefer the new packaging to the old, though since I've never gotten any scratched discs I'm not particularly choosy.

Btw, is it just me, or has 'Into the Fire' got a noticeable lower sound and picture quality than the rest of the episodes on that disc? The picture seemed a little grainy and the sound somewhat 'muffled' with a small amount of distortion when there were explosions.

i bought mine on monday from HMV and i watched All of them that same day a babylon-a-thon if you will :D

Babython 5, huh?

My S4 set arrived from Amazon.co.uk yesterday - no loose disks or any other problems and, like some others posting above, I like the new packaging and would have preferred this style from the off.

Leaving aside the loose disk problems, the "book-style" previous version is very convenient, but even though I have not watched through all the eps on all 6 disks of the first three seasons yet, the spines are already starting to look a little the worse for wear.

Goodness only knows what they will look like in a couple of years time!

Of course, the other advantage of the new style packaging is that you can pick up those thin boxes pretty cheaply and transfer the artwork across if you ever break one - can't do that with the old style packaging.

:D

Its not that I don't like the new packaging....I thinks its fine....What I have a problem with is the change half way through the set.

It just wont match on my shelve...petty I know!!!! :p

Its not that I don't like the new packaging....I thinks its fine....What I have a problem with is the change half way through the set.

It just wont match on my shelve...petty I know!!!! :p

Turn them all around 180 degrees (so the back of the boxes face forward), then they will all match :D :p

lol, they wouldnt make a fuss is the purple 5 wasnt bigger than the other 3 :)
At least I can look at them each and notice that they've been consistant in inconsistancy - series, season, big 5, plastic boxes... hehe
There is as usual a disk that just does not work on my DVD player, but works on my other one. its been the same on S2 and S3 too. Its slightly annoying. As a first time viewer of S4 I have to say I've been impressed and its a shame that I had to get out of bed and go elsewhere to watch the second half of disk 2.

Ah, I didn't realisew the 5 was bigger - that aside, it was a good solution!

Glad you are enjoying Season 4 :) As a season, it is my favourite (although some of my favourite eps are from other seasons).

Not only is the 5 bigger but the whole box set is wider....so i cant just swing em round 180!!! :p

Look it just doesn't match!!!! :p

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back