• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Wizard Magazine's "25 Greatest Sci-Fi Shows Ever"

Well, I'm not saying that you call the Dresden Files SF. I'm just saying we should drop calling things SF altogether and just lump it all in one category of "Genre," defined as "Stories where things are Really Different."

This usage of the word "genre" is just fucking stupid.

It's like calling all books published in the French language "language books".

Oh, I know it's imprecise. But a lot of the English language is imprecise, it's just the terminology has become so ingrained we don't notice it.

Oh, I know it's imprecise. But a lot of the English language is imprecise, it's just the terminology has become so ingrained we don't notice it.

This specific bit of "terminology" hasn't become ingrained with anyone but geeks and nerds.

.. which you started. ;)

And the internet is a lot more than the few webpages, forums and blogs folks like us browse around on. With 4 out of 5 people in industrialized nations using the internet, you're kidding yourself if you think the geeks and nerds are dominant once you leave websites deidcated to obscure Sci-Fi shows.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back