• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Why a Babylon 5 Movie could happen.

When asked at Heroes Con (June 30-July 2) if there would ever be 'Adventures of Lyta and G'Kar' stories, possibly in print he said not as long as "Andreas insists on staying beyond the Rim", that "The character's gone." It was obviously hard for him. I have a feeling that the same applies to Rick Biggs and Dr. Franklin.

Jan

Don't forget Zathras/Tim Choate.

From recent JMS comments one can gather that a Babylon 5 project may be on the verge of happening.

A Babylon 5 project? From which comments? URLs...

None exist. Page 13 & 14 of Script Book Volume 8 tells of a meeting that JMS had with WB and he said at Heroes Con that he hopes to be able to say something concrete at SDCC next week. I'll be there so if anything's said, I'll be sure to post.

Jan

From recent JMS comments one can gather that a Babylon 5 project may be on the verge of happening.

A Babylon 5 project? From which comments? URLs...

None exist. Page 13 & 14 of Script Book Volume 8 tells of a meeting that JMS had with WB

"Tells of a meeting" ? Hmmm, got a quote? What'd he say?

...and he said at Heroes Con that he hopes to be able to say something concrete at SDCC next week. I'll be there so if anything's said, I'll be sure to post.

Jan

I'll be looking forward to your post. :) If it involves continuation of the Crusade story, I'll be VERY MUCH looking forward to your post. :D

Being a B5 fan is a bit like being in Groundhog Day, this stuff keeps coming around and around and around....

Still, all digits crossed etc....

I'm not trying to be a tease, but I can't bring myself to transcribe an entire page. Anyway, it doesn't come out and *say* anything definite. That said, he was describing a meeting called by WB to discuss B5 that he and Doug Netter attended. These aren't at all unusual, but nothing generally comes of them. This time, Gregg Maday, the liason with WB had been flown out, though, and when the subject of budgets and creative issues came up, Gregg said that when it came to budgets and production issues, JMS and Doug were always responsive. It was when creative issues came up that he said JMS tended to be....(searching for a word JMS might not know)... intractible. JMS agreed and pointed out that his being intractible was why the meeting was about B5 and not Time Traxx or any of the other PTEN shows that were on at that time.

I'll be looking forward to your post. :) If it involves continuation of the Crusade story, I'll be VERY MUCH looking forward to your post. :D
Looking at the SDCC Schedule, it looks like JMS's spotlight isn't until Saturday.

There was a question about continuing Crusade at the con (unfortunately my tape recorder died). I *think* it was about continuing it in book form and he replied that the Crusade story was meant to be seen so there weren't any plans for that at present.

Jan

I'm not trying to be a tease, but I can't bring myself to transcribe an entire page. Anyway, it doesn't come out and *say* anything definite. That said, he was describing a meeting called by WB to discuss B5 that he and Doug Netter attended. These aren't at all unusual, but nothing generally comes of them. This time, Gregg Maday, the liason with WB had been flown out, though,...

Well, that may show some seriousness re. the meeting on WB's part.

Looking at the SDCC Schedule, it looks like JMS's spotlight isn't until Saturday.

There was a question about continuing Crusade at the con (unfortunately my tape recorder died). I *think* it was about continuing it in book form and he replied that the Crusade story was meant to be seen so there weren't any plans for that at present.

Jan

Then, he's gone back to his first answer when it comes to a Crusade continuation in books.

KoshN watching the pot and the damned thing just WILL NOT boil. :mad:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back