• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Where would you rather live B5U or STU?

Galahad

Regular
I'd like to live in the B5 universe circa 1,002,262. Funky bodies funky clothes funky vehicles, travel round the galaxy for a few million years, then go and rough up the first ones just for old times sakes.

------------------
"We Live for the One. We die for the One!"

For me, I'm afraid it has to be the Star Trek Universe...
smile.gif

I'm coming from a pyschological view: without going into too many gory details, I find the STU more comforting right now. This does not mean to say that my opinion will change in the near future. The B5 universe is far more exciting, wider ranging in scope. But I need to feel 'safe' right now and B5 isn't that 'safe' to want to live in, at least for me

------------------

I would like to live in the Star Trek universe.

------------------
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." -- Captain Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie (The Drumhead)

Definetly the Trek universe. Like Not Important said, I need to feel safe, and the B5 universe isn't a very safe place to live. I mean, it is more realistic with it's corrupted government and all, but in Trek, Earth is like this paradise place to live. No worries.

And no "scorched earth."

------------------
Nothing's the same anymore.

rogeralmond.com

hmmm i'll go to the trek universe then live on the enterprise-D wait for some timeloop to pop up and go to the B5U anytime i want and come back
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

------------------

I think living in the B5 future would be much better. B5's aliens were much more believeable than Star Trek's. They were probably more dangerous too, but along with that would come the level of technology that could make beneficial alliances and technology available to Earth. B5's aliens seemed to be much more advanced than Trek's, so there would be greater possiblities of benefits for Earth if we were allied with them.
smile.gif

------------------

B5, definitely.
smile.gif

------------------
"So where does the power come from to see the race to its end? It comes from within."

I dont think I'm politically correct enough to live in the ST universe
smile.gif
. No money, synthetic booze, no religion but atheism (execpt for the native americans), and hardly any culture at all. Pfui! Too drab! Give me the more dangerous, more vibrant B5 universe anytime.

------------------
Now this is the Law of the Jungle -- as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the Wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk the Law runneth forward and back --
For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
-The Law of the Jungle by Rudyard Kipling

It would depend on what part I played (or lived). If I was a Captain Janeway type I'd rather be in the Star Trek universe. It may not be entirely safe but it is always clean and neat and easy to get around (Beam me up, Scottie). And those holodecks are fun.

OTOH if I was a Susan Ivanova type, that is to say a bit of a rebel, I would probably rather live on Babylon 5.

If I was a nothing type, e.g. one of the masses I would definitely rather live in the Star Trek universe.

------------------

The B5 universe, even though like everyone is saying, it isn't as comforting. I just particularly like the universe better, and the people in the universe seem multi-faceted compared to a lot of the ST people. People in the B5 universe just seem a little more light-hearted and a lot more loose. That's in personality and in tastes.

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

If I were an adventure loving person, I'd prefer the excitment of the B-5 U. It's much more stimulating. But being a laid back person who likes comfort and security, I'd have to pick the Trek universe. I wouldn't mind living in utopia.

------------------
"I am not a number! I am a Free Man!""

I'd take the B5 universe. Going through a jump point would be really cool.
laugh.gif

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

-"Matters of Honor"

Moved to General discussion.

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

In which version of the future would you rather live, or hope come to pass... the Star Trek Future or the Babylon 5 Future?

------------------

I think I wouldn't mind some aspects from both shows in the future. Having transporter technology and even a holodeck would be sweet to have from Star Trek. But I think I'd rather live in the type of universe that represents B5. It seems more realistic and I can easily see something similar happening in our future. If I had to choose between one future or the other though, I'd have to go with B5.

------------------
All my life I've had doubts about who I am, where I belong. Now, I'm like the arrow that springs from the bow. No hesitation, no doubts. The path is clear.
-Ambassador Jeffrey David Sinclair, War Without End

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back