• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Where did the First Ones go...(possible spoilers)

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

At the end of the Shadow War

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>the last known remaining first ones, including the Shadows, Vorlons, Walkers, Lorien and others all passed beyond the veil and left our galaxy, going beyond the Rim. We know they stayed someplace out there for a time to wait for Sheridan, but where did they wait and where were they going? </font></td></tr></table>

could this tie into a Legend of the Rangers series, the legacy of the first ones, and where they were going that was so much more interesting than here?
any thoughts...

------------------
Who do you Serve and Who do you Trust?

we know where they went- beyond this galaxy to another- were they would meet up with other races that have pasted before them-while they learnt everything in this galaxy- they are unaware of what lies beyond-

------------------

We know that certain First Ones, including the Vorlons and the Shadows, went beyond the Rim. However, Lorien was able to come back for Sheridan so it is possible others could also come back.

The new race in Rangers seems to have been there all along, so one assumes they must have been First Ones, if only because they have lived so long.

------------------
I always seem to be diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jomar:
We know that certain First Ones, including the Vorlons and the Shadows, went beyond the Rim. However, Lorien was able to come back for Sheridan so it is possible others could also come back.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well yes they did go beyond the rim but we do not deffinitly know when Lorien went beyond the Rim.

It is either Lorien went beyond the rim then came back for Sheridan or he may have hung about close to Coriana 6 waiting the small amount of 20 years for Sheridan.

Then after he got Sheridan then left. Personally I think he hung around and waited for Sheridan then Left.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>
The new race in Rangers seems to have been there all along, so one assumes they must have been First Ones, if only because they have lived so long.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why do you say they seem to have been there all along? All along sinse when? Seriously we know practically nothing about this new race.

Who says they live so long? They could be like human's, Narn's, Minbari etc and reproduce and die... Not every old race in babylon 5 is immortal or a first one.

There has been millions(or billions) of years between the first ones turning up .....in that time I am sure many many race's evolved or died etc

Seriosuly compared to age on galaxy it didn't take to long for humans to evolve to the point in 2262 .

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

They all probably just went to hang out in the mighty GKarsEye's Men's Lounge.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Why do you say they seem to have been there all along? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That assumption is based on the SciFi commercial that says something like:

"Remember the Shadows? These guys used to take their lunch money."

So, either the Advertising borons totally screwed up, or the story makes it pretty clear that they Are a First One race.

The interesting question is just How they managed to hide from Lorien?
He, as The oldest living being in the Universe, knows Everyone's address and birthday.

When he and Ivanova went looking, Lorien specifically stated that they had found All the remaining First Ones.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> "There is time for one more.
This is the last.
It's important to have them all.
Keep sending the signal."

Lorien to Ivanova in Babylon 5:"Into the Fire" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

My guess would be that they heard about an awesome new salad bar in another galaxy and they decided to check it out and that they liked it so much they didn't want to come back!
lol.gif

No, seriously, I would guess that they went to another galaxy, or maybe even part of ours that the younger races hadn't discovered yet. The Rim always seemed to be expanding, and since the First Ones were older than they Humans and Minbari and etc., maybe they knew of parts of the galaxy that the younger races didn't.

------------------
Lorien: Who are you?
RW: The salad man.
Lorien: Why are you here?
RW: To be the salad ambassador.
Lorien: What do you want?
RW: Everyone to know the joys of salad.
Lorien: Do you have anything worth living for?
RW: Yes, my salad bars.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> The interesting question is just How they managed to hide from Lorien?
He, as The oldest living being in the Universe, knows Everyone's address and birthday.

When he and Ivanova went looking, Lorien specifically stated that they had found All the remaining First Ones.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"There is time for one more.
This is the last.
It's important to have them all.
Keep sending the signal."
Lorien to Ivanova in Babylon 5:"Into the Fire"

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>The thing that i find most interesting is not how JMS would pull something like this off after Lorien stating that the all the first ones were accounted for, but rather why Lorien might have said that. if, as suggested in another thread, the new race is a banished first one race completely unknown in the part of the galaxy affected by the shadow war, than perhaps Lorien was trying to protect the younger races, or perhaps if the race was banished than they were banished beyond the rim of the galaxy and for all Lorien knew they were gone. or perhaps not...

------------------
Who do you Serve and Who do you Trust?

Perhaps The Hand aren't first ones, but the first of the ones to come after the first ones. Or if they are first ones, perhaps they were driven off or left, then came back. I'm sure JMS could explain it.

------------------
You're speaking treason! Olivia De Havilland as Maid Marian
Fluently! Errol Flynn as Robin Hood
You're talking treason! Olivia De Havilland as Arabella Bishop
I trust I'm not obscure. Errol Flynn as Dr. Peter Blood

Pallindromes of the month: Snug was I, ere I saw guns.
Doom an evil deed, liven a mood.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> I'm sure JMS could explain it.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Personally, I'm sure JMS already has.

Made a movie about it, he did.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif
laugh.gif

------------------

OK< Yodakana, you wise guy, you probably assume too much. Made a movie he did, but give it all away in the first ep, he doesn't.
tongue.gif
lol.gif
tongue.gif

------------------
You're speaking treason! Olivia De Havilland as Maid Marian
Fluently! Errol Flynn as Robin Hood
You're talking treason! Olivia De Havilland as Arabella Bishop
I trust I'm not obscure. Errol Flynn as Dr. Peter Blood

Pallindromes of the month: Snug was I, ere I saw guns.
Doom an evil deed, liven a mood.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> give it all away in the first ep, he doesn't. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

True.

But, JMS does not a journey of 122 episodes start without his destination knowing.
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

JMS may not have told US yet, but he's probably done the same thing he did for Babylon 5.
Mapped out the entire series on paper, with all the major plot twists and turning points noted.

Then, locked it in a safe somewhere.
Just in Case.

When JMS says he always plans on what will happen if a major player gets hit by a truck, he includes himself on the list.
During Babylon 5, he had the distinction of being the first Writer in the history of Television to have a "key man" life insurance taken out on him by the studio.
They normally only take out such policies on the Actors and the studio FatCats.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>
Then, locked it in a safe somewhere.
Just in Case.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apparently the working copy of the Babylon 5 one was in the card file by his desk.
laugh.gif

------------------
Andrew Swallow

They maybe like thirdspacers except they were banished to another dimension and now have found away back....

------------------
"When it is time, come to this place, call our name, we will be here" -Walkers of Sigma957

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back