• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

When Crusade gets renewed, what do you want to see on it?

Cern

Regular
Maybe the Warrior Caste Minbari that was supposed to be on the show originally could serve as the Ranger liason?

More of a non-human presence on the ship. I Got used to seeing all the different species of the galaxy on B5. I know its an Earth Alliance mission, but the EA has some non-humans in it, right?

oh yeah. ZATHRAS.

------------------
Eat More Goat.

Answers, more answers.

Less CGI glitches (Shadow fighters suddenly firing purple beams instead of spitting eneryg balls???)

And generally more continuity with the things stated and shown in B5.

Jumpgates!

Less EA reverse-engineering tech millions of years more advanced as they are without help.

Black uniforms.

More contact with the guys we know from B5 - encountering Narns, getting into conflict with Drakh-controlled Centauri, trading with Vree, Pak'ma'ra and Hyach... meeting warrior caste Minbari (I like the "liason" idea), getting a few looks at the species mentioned by name in B5, but never seen (or at least not identified), and identifiying the nameless alines we saw on B5 by name... perhaps even finding out how the "red-cone helmets" from "A View from the Gallers" look beneath their helmets... that sort of thing. At least half "meeting known ones" and helf "meeting new ones". Including seeing more ships (it would be nice to see more designs for the races Yeees, I Am thinking of all the nice ships AoG made in the meantime - quite a bunch of them even with show-quality CGI meshes).

More running into Shadow and Vorlon proxy races. The Drakh can't have been the only ones, and the Vorlons surely also had someone working for them. (Of course that'd spawn a few obvious story ideas - getting hepr to cure the plague against the desire fopr revenge, especially incase of Galen and Dureena)

A few tie-ins with the rest of the B5 universe, especially the books.

------------------
"ShadowScout"
Roman Alexander

"Go on, watch out for Shadows - we'll watch you right back!"

What do you want?
ShadowShips!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cern:
More of a non-human presence on the ship. I Got used to seeing all the different species of the galaxy on B5. I know its an Earth Alliance mission, but the EA has some non-humans in it, right? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, not so far as I know. The "Alliance" part refers to the Earth colonies - Mars, Proxima 3, etc.

les

------------------

I would like an increased Ranger presence onboard, maybe a dedicated Ranger character to act as liason. Black Uniforms. Galen doing cool stuff. And definatly more APOCALYPSE BOX.

------------------
Eat More Goat.

more stuff to do with the new psi corps... i think they really had some good stuff goin...

------------------
I have no one to envy...
I envy you having me to envy...

If possible, I'd like to see some loose ends get tied up...

Obviously, I'd like to see them find a cure.

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>

And since through various spoilers we know the cure would not be what it seems, I would like them to find a real and total cure.

</font></td></tr></table>

I'd like to know more about the telepath situation; more G'Kar and Londo; more Techno-Mages; less focus on Dureena's flesh (I must be getting old!
wink.gif
); and more JMS scripts!

Among other things...

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

Maybe another guest appearance of Alwyn.
Galen explaining to Dureena why he's so reluctant to train her as a technomage.

Gideon and Lochley hooking up only if it really makes sense and feels right--not just for the sake of having more sex on the show.

More guest appearances from B5 characters.

A few glimpses into the lives of Londo and Vir as emperor and future-emporer.

G'Kar, G'Kar, G'Kar.

------------------
Not many fishes left in the sea. Not many fishes, just Londo and me.

i'd love to see more answers:
-what is the Apocalypse Box?
-more about Gideon's life
-much more about Galen and his relationship with Matthew...
-whose security codes Matthew has...LOL

just for starters anyway. crusade started off with so many questions and it would be wondferful to explore the answers over five years like we did with b5!

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MrgnPhnx:
Actually, not so far as I know. The "Alliance" part refers to the Earth colonies - Mars, Proxima 3, etc.

les

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm pretty sure I read some where that the EA has a few "protectorate" planets, kinda like the US has Puerto Rico and Guam. Plus a few "bronze tech" worlds. I Dont know, just some excuse for having more background Aliens on the ship. How about more ISA members onboard, since the ship is ISA property...

------------------
Eat More Goat.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the EA has a few "protectorate" planets...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you read that, it was probably in a game manual or some other non-canon source. The whole thrust of the Clark propaganda wouldn't make much sense if the Earth Alliance included non-Human worlds, and there were never any reference to such a thing in the series. It seems a very unlikely idea.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>How about more ISA members onboard, since the ship is ISA property...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not at all sure that the ships were IA property. The implication seems to be that the Victory-class are something the Humans and Minbari working on as a secret joint project, without the involvement of the other races. Presumably the Ranger fleet would get part of the output of the IA shipyard in exchange for their technical assistance, but Excalibur probably belongs, at least in part, to EarthGov.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alexthecat:
i'd love to see more answers:
-what is the Apocalypse Box?
-more about Gideon's life
-much more about Galen and his relationship with Matthew...
-whose security codes Matthew has...LOL

just for starters anyway. crusade started off with so many questions and it would be wondferful to explore the answers over five years like we did with b5!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ALEX!!!!! Welcome. I know its you honey, I just know it. The Max bit, yep, must be you.

Nice to see you here.

Yes ma'am.

LOLOLOL

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine
(he just doesn't know it yet, LOL)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WarpPig:
I agree with Cern, 100%!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What is it that you agree with me about again?

JD, I realy HATE to disagree with you, because you are the man, but I am positive I read a post from JMS, probably on the spoiler junky page, were he mentioned about how the EA has a few "bronze tech" worlds in it. I am assuming that means the populations are non-human. Unless they are like that one human colony in CRUSADE, Uhh, dont remember the episode name, the one with Alwyn.

------------------
Eat More Goat.

And why does bronze necessarily mean non-human, in your interpretation?

Especially with the evidence of Clark's xenophobia, the known expansion of Earth into colonization, and the evidence of The Long Road in Crusade where the colony was founded in a conscious escape from high tech boundaries?

Mind, I don't think that there might not be the occasional alien resident on a human colony, but your assumption that low-tech equals non-human doesn't ring quite true.

Ro

------------------
I have no surviving
enemies. At all.

Galen

I think I've found the JMS post in question, which dates back to February of 1994 - so he may well have changed his mind about this aspect later. (Since it is never mentioned in the series.) It is a little ambiguous anyway, in light of a couple of slightly later posts:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>You are correct in that the Earth Alliance consists in the main of humans. Aliens are generally not integrated into the system, except in very low-level stuff. (In some bronze-tech worlds where humans have come in and pulled an India/England relationship, you may have colonial governors who are native aliens, but are basically puppets.) There's more than just Mars, Earth and the Sol colonies; there are a number of other worlds and systems out there into which Earth has made a dent.

jms<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>The EA is fairly large, but not on a par with the Centauri at this point. There are various space platforms/colonies, colonies on the Moon, Mars, a major transfer point off Io... they've gone in and "helped" a number of bronze-tech worlds (that happened to have certain resources useful to EA), and are generally spreading like mice in a cheese factory.

jms<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>And the "help" given by EA to bronze-tech worlds is on a "whether you want it or not" basis. No prime directive here.

jms<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It sounds like the EA had "relationships" with a number of less-developed alien worlds, mostly treating them as exploitation colonies, but that they weren't integrated into the Earth Alliance proper. Assuming that any of this is canon in the first place.

Even if such arrangements survived the paranoia of the Clark administration, it is unlikely that they survived the scrutiny of the IA, which would have insisted on the political autonomy of any such non-space-faring "protectorate" worlds. And since these aliens are, by definition from bronze age cultures, roughly akin to the Greeks and Trojans of The Illiad, I'm not sure how useful they would be on a starship anyway, even if they wanted to serve, and Earthforce wanted to let them.
smile.gif

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

[This message has been edited by Joseph DeMartino (edited August 17, 2001).]

One would assume it is really only the humans that are particularly anxious to find a cure or die out in five years. I don't think other races would want to get involved for fear of catching whatever it is. Also some of them might be waiting to see if they can exploit a vulnerable Earth later on.

As for Crusade, I would be content just to have JMS carry on with it as he originally intended. I'm sure most of the questions posed would be answered by the end of the five year series.

If there is one thing I would like to see it is more of the old Babylon 5 characters as guest stars on a fairly regular basis.

------------------

Ro, you are the only one in this I will ask. What does "bronze" in this context mean?

As the person I am I would assume that bronze maybe is just, from a technologically advanced society (which we assume we are in this case) they are behind us.

Not non-human, not less-intelligent, maybe just less technologically advanced than we are.

Do you know? I don't like to respond unless and until I know at least a little something to interject an opinion out there.

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine
(he just doesn't know it yet, LOL)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:

Even if such arrangements survived the paranoia of the Clark administration, it is unlikely that they survived the scrutiny of the IA, which would have insisted on the political autonomy of any such non-space-faring "protectorate" worlds. And since these aliens are, by definition from bronze age cultures, roughly akin to the Greeks and Trojans of The Illiad, I'm not sure how useful they would be on a starship anyway, even if they wanted to serve, and Earthforce wanted to let them.
smile.gif

Regards,

Joe

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Touche', Joeseph.

------------------
Eat More Goat.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Ro, you are the only one in this I will ask. What does "bronze" in this context mean?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ro doesn't seem to be around at the moment; is it OK if I answer?
smile.gif

I'll use spoiler brackets in case the answer is, "No."
laugh.gif

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>I think "bronze" and "bronze-tech" are basically JMS typos for "Bronze Age" technology - meaning that the cultures involved would fall somewhere between Pharonic Egypt and 5th century Athens in terms of technology. (A little behind the Romans of the Republic and Empire, who worked in "iron" - really a crude form of steel - which requires more advanced metalurgy.)</font></td></tr></table>

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

Thanks for the vote of confidence, GideonsMine
smile.gif
, but I would concur with Joe D on his interpretation of Bronze Age/Tech, especially in light of the JMS posts he found to quote...

Thank you, Joe D.
smile.gif

I really wanted to know why Cern was assuming non-human, but the quotes certainly seem to indicate that's the way JMS was thinking at some point.

However, the Earth Alliance colony we actually saw in The Long Road was a human one.

In Patterns of the Soul , the colonists landed on a populated world, but they didn't know it was populated.

BTW, an excellent study of why colonization of the Americas and Pan-Pacific cultures happened the way it did is Jared Diamond's Pulitzer Prize winning book Guns, Germs, and Steel. The conclusions he draws are not what you might think, and very well supported.

Ro

------------------
I have no surviving
enemies. At all.

Galen

[This message has been edited by Technomage Roanna (edited August 17, 2001).]

Latest posts

Members online

Back