• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

What's a Jeremiah?

solaris5

Beyond the rim
What\'s a Jeremiah?

Seriously, I'm so very out of the loop.

------------------
My name: Solaris5....
My mission: to burst the bubble of idiocy that has enveloped everyone and bring common sense back from beyond the rim.

Re: What\'s a Jeremiah?

Well, perhaps it would help if you looked around the not-so-many existing threads and followed a link or two... the press releases, for example, often tell the premise of the story in a couple of sentences.
tongue.gif

But the short and very crude answer would be: the new series by JMS, based (rather loosely?) on a comic book. Some sort of plague wipes off all grown-ups and youngsters who have reached puberty, so it's just the kids who survive, and the story starts a while after that, so the oldest of the survivors are in their mid-twenties now and have to start rebuilding the world.

Or something like that.
laugh.gif

------------------
"There are things out there beyond imagination, and I have a rather healthy imagination." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com | Kribu.net

Welcome back Solaris. You've been missed.
cool.gif

------------------
God be between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk.

Cool, where can I see it?

------------------
My mission: to burst the bubble of idiocy that has enveloped everyone and bring common sense back from beyond the rim.

It's true we don't get Showtime in Canada, but it's quite possible a Canadian network may pick it up. Since it is being made in Vancouver it fills the bill for Canadian content which is very important here. i.e. a certain percentage of prime time shows must have Canadian content, so if you are showing ER or The West Wing, it's important to balance that with a show that has enough so-called Canadian content to meet the regulations.

It's a silly rule, but I didn't make it.
crazy.gif

------------------
I always seem to be diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

You know, these Sci-Fi people are really starting to get on my nerves. I think I'll call in a bomb threat to their headquarters soon
laugh.gif

------------------

Ahh, so it isn't Sci-Fi that screwed me on this one, it's Showtime. Well, I'm sure they deserve a bomb threat too
laugh.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by solaris5:
Well, I'm sure they deserve a bomb threat too
laugh.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh pfft!
tongue.gif

You just need to move to the states! *bigevilgrin*
wink.gif

------------------
Monica Hübinette | Abyss : B5 | Rangers Sponsor List
Pouch-sucking spawn of a bladder fish! Son of a fitch piece of smelt! Tok-swallowing fenbarger! Thrak it! --Na'Feel swearing in B5LR

Yes, I'll just go there on my football scholarship. I'll play linebacker at Notre Dame!
For those of you just tuning in, Sol has no talent at sports, however he is a natural when it comes to sarcasm
wink.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by solaris5 (edited February 11, 2002).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlackStar:
And we have those delicious white-chocolate Oreos.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We have them too you know. And we had them in Macedonia too, and that was about four years ago when I was still there.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
Ppffft. The United States rocks, no matter what the rest of the world might say about us...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The US is ok but, good lord does your beer suck!

------------------
God damn right, its a beautiful day

That's why I drink imported.

I wonder what kind of beer they'll have in Jeremiah. And make no question - there will be beer. First things people usually did when landing in the New World is find food, shelter, and make beer...

------------------
channe@[url="http://cryoterrace.tripod.com"]cryoterrace[/url] | "Last one to kill a bad guy buys the beer." -lost in space

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by solaris5:
We have them too you know. And we had them in Macedonia too, and that was about four years ago when I was still there.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No! The new kind! Not the regular kind.

------------------
"I can only conclude that I'm paying off karma at a vastly accelerated rate."
blackstar@welivefortheone.b5lr.com | BlackStar's Gallery

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
That's why I drink imported.
I wonder what kind of beer they'll have in Jeremiah. And make no question - there will be beer. First things people usually did when landing in the New World is find food, shelter, and make beer...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And not necessarily in that order.
laugh.gif

------------------
"We are (not) all Kosh."

unless "making beer" means something else *coughcough*
wink.gif
, i have yet to see the topic of alcohol come up in any episode of Jeremiah.
-di doctor-

Oh, we don't even mean alcohol. We just mean the dude in the background with a cup. What's he drinking? Could be moonshine...

This kind of thing keeps me from speculating. Speculating makes Channe sad - for Channe won't be able to see Jeremiah until it goes to syndication.

------------------
channe@[url="http://cryoterrace.tripod.com"]cryoterrace[/url] | "Last one to kill a bad guy buys the beer." -lost in space

What dude in what background with what cup?
Ahh!

You people are confusing me more and more!

Hmm.. Might be a cool title for a new song by Becca
laugh.gif
(that's about as inside as a joke can get)
And they shouldn't be drinking beer. That's bad. They should only drink things like scotch, and rum, and brandy, and vodka, and cognac. Well, you get where I'm going with this
laugh.gif

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

Back