• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

What might have been (and could still be)

LightNZ

Beyond the rim
I remember reading that, and the two scripts

Man, if only it happened.......oh but i guess it still might
smile.gif

------------------
"Will you follow me into fire? Into storm, into darkness, into death?!

Yea, but first Rangers has to happen
frown.gif

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

This is from an interview done with JMS. It is what we would have gotten with Crusade.

JMS: “End of the Line” is one of two scripts that act as bookends. That one was the season finale, and the other one (“To the Ends of the Earth”) would upped the ante midway through the season. We discover that there’s a much broader problem even than the plague – it had to do with Earth using Shadow technology in ways they shouldn’t be doing, and who was responsible for the destruction of captain Gideon’s ship. Suffice it to say that – through a series of incidents – the Excalibur crew would have been considered traitors and have to basically be on the run. Further, the cure that Earth would have believed to be the right one would not in fact work as they think it would have worked. Our guys would find out about this, and no one would have believed them. As things unravel, it’s a larger conspiracy, so basically – after the second year – the show you think Crusade is would be a whole different show, with much more depth to it, more political, more controversial in some ways, and would deal with the impact of technology on society, would cast our characters as renegades and loners without port, and turn the whole series upside-down. The whole plague thing was really just a way to get the thing going and give them something to do in the beginning while we establish the characters before we pull the plug and change the whole nature of the show into something I think would probably have been revolutionary… but we never got that far. You can see the hints of it in those two scripts that are up on bookface.com.

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back