• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

What do you think?

Vorlon

Regular
JMS could do just 2 seasons of Rangers (2265 and 2266) and instead of doing a third, he brings Crusade back.
It's an idea. What do you think?

------------------

I guess it depends on how much I like the Rangers. Of course, at this point, it's only set for one TV movie, unless things have changed since I last got any info.

------------------
The innocent lie because they don't want to be blamed for something they didn't do and the guilty lie because they don't have any other choice.

I think you can bet on there being 3 seasons at least of the rangers.

Why? Because aside from IMAN and Farscape it's other original shows don't usually make the top ten(although LEXX has gotten up there now and then.)

The ratings for Rangers would have to be really low for them to not keep buying it.

As far as them bringing Crusade back...well think about this:

Let's say rangers the series is on the air by summer 2002. 2 seasons later would be about(with the way scifi airs things) done in fall of 2003.

That would be 4 years or so since Crusade originally aired and 2 and a half years since SFC first aired the re-runs.

Would they just suddenly cut the rangers off just when it starts to get good(as most series do by their 3rd season) to replace it with an old show that never had a full season?

It's not just a matter if JMS wanted it. SFC wouldn't want it.

I think it's a safe bet that you will see the continuation of Crusade on Rangers..but never as a series itself unless it's done soon.

------------------
"I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike as a warning to the next ten generations that some favors come with too high a price. I'd look up at your lifeless eyes and wave like this. Can you and your associates arrange it for me, Mr. Morden?"
Vir - In The Shadow of Z' HA Dum

I think that with legend of teh Rangers going for at least a few years and hopfully Crusade will come back as well.

I have no problem with them being in the same time period and I do not beleive if crusade doesnlt come back that the Rangers will cover what crusade missed maybe a few points like the plague but not much.

If you remeber JMS said that crusade was going to go in a totally different direction then the plague they would have found it mid season 2(or so they would have thought), after a while the excalibur would have figured out the cure was wrong of somthing but no-one would beleive them.

I know excalibur where going to become somone hunted renegades by earth gov etc for some reason damn I am PO that crusade didnlt continue.

The unfilmed scripts would have kicked crusade of in other direction gah wiah they hadda been produced better thgen reading it.

sorry I am rambling on

Deviot

well the plague would most definitely get resolved.

But I wouldn't be surprised if there are referrences to Crusade and appearances by characters from the series on it.

I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't...but I would be disappointed.

I really don't think Crusade will come back. It's just not that simple.

If it were SFC would almost certainly already have been in the works for it...not a new B5 series which could fail(but probably won't.)

Of course I could be way off too.

But either way I suspect we haven't seen the last of the Excalibur.

------------------
"I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike as a warning to the next ten generations that some favors come with too high a price. I'd look up at your lifeless eyes and wave like this. Can you and your associates arrange it for me, Mr. Morden?"
Vir - In The Shadow of Z' HA Dum

Vir, I agree with you that bringing Crusade back probably won't happen. It's been nearly two years since it went off, and I'm sure that many of the actors have gone on to do other things and are currently working on other projects right now. It may be possible to get some of the cast back, but I don't think that all of them would be able, or willing for that matter, to return. I do think that there will be references made about them in the future, and I'm sure we'll see some of the characters later on down the line.

------------------
You name it, sooner or later, everyone comes to Babylon 5.
-Commander Jeffrey David Sinclair, The Gathering

You know if Rangers gets to go to a series, and when they cover the same timeline as Crusade, the one Character that could be in 'both' (That is would be conceivable to be with 'Rangers' and on the Excalibur) would be Galen.

He's always off on his own anyway, and doesn't Gideon ask what he does when he's away?

------------------
"I have no surviving enemies.....At all." Galen.

Well, I think that Rangers shouldn't be stopped just to show Crusade. I think Crusade should get its chance in TV Movies...

What do you think?

------------------
And I tell you one thing, if the primates that we came from, had known that someday politicians would come out of the gene pool, they would have stayed up in the trees and written evolution of as a bad idea.
(John Sheridan, A Distant Star)

Hey, maybe they'll just sneakily bring Crusade back one piece at a time through handy guest appearances in Legend of the Rangers.

Ranger Gideon and Ranger Galen.

Has a nice ring to it.

------------------
Are those your gunports open out of respect, or are you just happy to see me?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vorlon:
JMS could do just 2 seasons of Rangers (2265 and 2266) and instead of doing a third, he brings Crusade back.
It's an idea. What do you think?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Barely possible, the Crusade is dead...

------------------
------------------
Oleg from Space Dream Factory
- Ootmins! Tinka mi chasa hopo ma booty nanolia! -

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Galen Mage:
You know if Rangers gets to go to a series, and when they cover the same timeline as Crusade, the one Character that could be in 'both' (That is would be conceivable to be with 'Rangers' and on the Excalibur) would be Galen.

He's always off on his own anyway, and doesn't Gideon ask what he does when he's away?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
galen was off involving himself in the clensing of centari prime when he wasn't with gideon and the crew of excaliber that was described in book two of the centari trilogy and if the rangers run into left over shadow tech im sure if galen is alive he will be there to see it destroyed

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Techno mage Fan:
Originally posted by Galen Mage:

galen was off involving himself in the clensing of centari prime when he wasn't with gideon and the crew of excaliber that was described in book two of the centari trilogy and if the rangers run into left over shadow tech im sure if galen is alive he will be there to see it destroyed
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes but do you think he would destroy the tech or use it? I think it depends on what type of shadow tech he found.

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

[This message has been edited by Deviot (edited April 26, 2001).]

Unfortunately, I have to agree. Crusade is gone, and there's not a lot we can do about it. For one thing, some of the cast have moved on to do other stuff, and I sincerely doubt you'd be able to reel them all back in, but I suppose stranger things have happened... especially in the B5 Universe.

I think the most we can hope out of our "Renegade Rangers" (God that was horrible advertising on TNTs part) is a few appearances in Rangers and possibly a telemovie or two to wrap up the Drakh plague with key players from B5, Crusade and Legends of the Rangers.

I'm still waiting for the Telepath War feature film. I'd rather see that first than the wrap up to Crusade.

------------------

I think they should at least bring some of the Crusade characters over for a few times.

I also think if TNT would of filmed and aired the two episodes that JMS wrote than the ratings would of said "Long live Crusade."

------------------
"Gideon says we all have things to hide."
"Does he? How unfortunate, I was hoping he'd come further than that. Well not that it isn't true of course, it's just that one simply doesn't have to say it."

"I was just trying to work out whether a comment from me right now would be most wanted or least needed."

First of all, had they produced those episodes it wouldn't have changed Crusade's fate. Crusade's fate had NOTHING to do with ratings. TNT decided they didn't want it and canned it before even ONE episode aired. That's why they advertised it as a limited series. They had decided long before they ever put Crusade on the air that it wouldn't continue past 13 episodes. Ratings had nothing to do with it.

And when it DID air, Crusade DID get good ratings. Just like it's getting good ratings now on Sci-Fi.

And it's not dead. If it were dead JMS would flat-out say "It's dead". I don't have a link, but Joseph DeMartino made a great point around here how, if Crusade were dead, JMS had ample opportunitues to tell us otherwise. He hasn't. JMS also stated once that the ratings for Crusade have nothing to do with Sci-Fi's decision to produce Rangers. The Crusade ratings only affect Crusade. So it's a possibility that the Sci-Fi Channel will ressurrect Crusade, but only based on how well it performs. (And it's currently exceeding expectations)

As for the cast, they're all available, with the possible exception of Marjean Holden, Dr. Chambers, who's on Beastmaster now. (And hey, that show may end up cancelled soon, so she may be available, too) And even if she's not available, I'm sure JMS could easily replace her. If he replaced Sinclair, the original lead for B5, then he can replace Dr. Chambers.

The cast has also been supportive of the return of the show. Most notably Carrie Dobro and Peter Woodward. Marjean Holden, Daniel Dae Kim, and the actor who plays Eilerson (His name escapes me right now) have also expressed support for the show being resurrected. The only one I haven't heard of supporting it's return is Gary Cole, and that's not saying that he doesn't support it's return. I just personally haven't heard him say anything about it.

Then there's the fact that the sets are still in storage, so no need to rebuild them.

All this tells me that Crusade is far from dead. Are the odds long? Yes. But is Crusade dead? No. And until JMS says otherwise, it still has a chance to come back.

------------------

Well, does anyone know what any of the actors from Crusade are up to? cuz it all depends on that so we don't end up with a Claudia Christian situation again ... cuz Season 5 could have been a great deal better with her in!

------------------
"I don't watch TV. It's a cultural wasteland full of inappropriate metaphors and an unrealistic portrayal of life created by the liberal media league."
- Guard outside Sheridans cell in "Between Darkness & Light"

What would be nice is if Rangers runs, and then at the appropriate time Crusade starts again. You can have two shows in tandem, like they do with Trek.

------------------
Star_TrekMISC261580.jpg
<font size="-2" color="silver">"The Babylon Project was our last, best, hope for peace.
A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral
territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter
of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space,
all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of
mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is
the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is
2259: the name of the place is Babylon 5."

What a great solution....let's have our cake and eat it toooooooo!! All those in favour of two JMS masterpieces running at the same time ...raise your hands!!! Oh u have me lost in a daydream now Antony...if only it could be true!! sigh!!

------------------

It seems to me that Joe has a pretty tight schedule, and bringing back Crusade would be a step backward for him creatively. I met him (not to namedrop) in Florida during the fifth year of B5, and he seemed on the verge of exhaustion.

Anyway, I think that a trilogy of novels would nicely wrap up Crusade. Get Peter David to write them after Joe's plot outline, and then concentrate on Rangers exclusively.

I can't wait to find out what happened to G'Kar after he left B5...

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back