• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Weee! Here we go again!

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I'm so psyched that the B5 universe is about to burst into life once again!

JMS is pure genious - he, Joss Whedon and the team behind Farscape and Dark Angel, along with (to a lesser extend Stargate SG-1) are all my favourite TV writers!

Here's a thought though:
I've recently been watching a lot of Diagnosis Murder (Please dont ask why!) - and noticed there are a HUGE number of ex B5 stars cropping up at various junctures. Bill Mumy, Stephen First, Marcus (forgot his name in real life though), and even Walter Koinig.

Wouldn't it be cool if JMS offered Dick Van Dyke a guest starring role in an episode, just as a gesture of appreciation? He could even put on a fake english accent for old Mary Poppins fans (and for us brits to have a real laugh!). And his son, Barry, could play a Ranger.

He could playa wise old Minbari or somthing like that :)

I think the writers of Diagnosis Murder are fans of B5 as they've mentioned it on more than one occasion (Steve Sloan went to some place where they mentioned a Babylon5 Picture plate or somesuch....obscure reference 10384).
What do you guys say?

------------------
-------------------------
Hulk Bash, Hulk Smash.

A B5 director, Jesus Trevino, also directed a recent ep. of The Practice. They turn up all over the place.

Tammy

------------------

This is known to us...
And I could NOT aggree more!
smile.gif

*waves green and purple flag*
GOOOOOOOOOO JMS!

------------------
The man with his head stuck in the Blender

Shadow Ambassador to Wheel of Time
Webmaster of B5Blender

EDIT: LETS HEAR IT FOR MY FIRST DOUBLE POST ON THIS BOARD!!!!
smile.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
The man with his head stuck in the Blender

Shadow Ambassador to Wheel of Time
Webmaster of B5Blender

[This message has been edited by A2597 (edited April 20, 2001).]

Sibod,

I know, isn't this just the greatest??? The thing was, a few weeks back, I was rediscovering B5, and I was very unhappy that after I got through all of the B5 eps, all of the Crusade eps, and finally the movies, that I would have nothing (save the books) left to explore. But now...now there is going to be another movie and a series (well, its really likely anyways). I couldn't be even more happy!!!
smile.gif

Jason Carter is the actor who played Marcus. *S*

Heh, it would be pretty cool if JMS did give Dick Van Dyke a role.

Picture Plate...well, there was a mention about B5 plates on Buffy. Do B5 plates even exist?
smile.gif

Ohh, and speaking of obsure references...I was watching either Jay Leno or Conan O'Brien, and a stand-up comic was saying something about "even the guy with the Babylon 5 t-shirt on could get laid." *L* I guess you also had to be there, but this perked me right up, even if its a bit of a put-down.

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

Absolutely! JMS is my fav writer and Dick VanDyke is one of my all-time fav actors.

I love Diagnosis Murder (even if it is a little corny). Murder She Wrote is fun too.

------------------
"Sure is for people with nothing on the line. You and me, we just get on with it."

Ivanova, the guy who made the quip about "the fat kid wearing the B5 shirt" was David Attell, who shows up in the "Ugly American" segment for "The Daily Show." He's definitely a riot.

------------------
The innocent lie because they don't want to be blamed for something they didn't do and the guilty lie because they don't have any other choice.

Latest posts

Members online

Back