• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Was Rangers shown with Dolby Surround?

Lord Refa

Beyond the rim
I haven't been able to get Surround Sound out of my Legend of the Rangers videotape. I assumed it had something to do with the tape being NTSC, while I have a PAL TV system.

But I just noticed there was no 'presented in Dolby Surround' logo at the beginning of the episodes. ALL B5 and Crusade eps have that on the tapes. When shows are on TV over here you also see the logo every episode.

Has anyone seen the Dolby Surround Logo in the movie or has anyone seen B5 Rangers with Surround Sound?

That will be Dolby, yes... it's an NTSC - PAL oddity. I didn't have surround sound on my Toshiba player, but on an Aiwa player did (albeit a bit crackly).

I used a JVC SVHS-player, from my parents. Their the only ones I now who can play NTSC.
Maybe they release it on dvd in a while.

TLADIS was definitely in surround sound, although I don't specifically remember seeing the DolbyTM. And my NTSC copy plays in surround on my JVC SVHS machine.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back