• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Walter Koenig star fundraising

Flounder

Regular
http://www.waltersstar.com/ : Collecting $ 15.000 to give Walter Koenig a star on the Walk of Fame.

Different merchandise available for donations
Funds in excess of those required to fund Walter's Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and all associated fund drive costs will be donated to Walter's charity of choice: Children of the Night, a private, non-profit, tax-exempt organization founded in 1979, dedicated to assisting children between the ages of 11 and 17 who are forced to prostitute on the streets for food and a place to sleep.

http://www.waltersstar.com/ : Collecting $ 15.000 to give Walter Koenig a star on the Walk of Fame.

Different merchandise available for donations
Funds in excess of those required to fund Walter's Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and all associated fund drive costs will be donated to Walter's charity of choice: Children of the Night, a private, non-profit, tax-exempt organization founded in 1979, dedicated to assisting children between the ages of 11 and 17 who are forced to prostitute on the streets for food and a place to sleep.

Hmm, should I use my funds to help the victims of the Asian flooding, or should I help Walter Koenig get a star on the Walk of Fame?

Tough choice!

(I really hope (and believe) that Mr Koenig is not involved in this himself)

/IamS

You mean the stars on the Walk of Fame are purchased, not granted to people? :confused:

I had no idea. The "honor" of this has suddenly deflated in my mind. :rolleyes:

You mean the stars on the Walk of Fame are purchased, not granted to people? :confused:

I was thinking the same thing...

If you have to get donations to "buy" your way onto the walk of fame...thats pretty weak.

I'm not sure, but I think it's both. I remember reading something in the campaign for Jimmy Doohan's star that the star has to be paid for but a committee still has to approve the application and it's not a sure thing.

Jan

Let's hope the money for the star goes to the city of LA for charitable causes. (I haven't looked into it).
Walter is providing photographs of himself to the campaign. He certainly isn't paying for the star himself. But I suppose he has given a lot of money to the Children of the Night charity.

On the tsunami, there is enough money pledged for emergency help. The rest will go toward rebuilding. Thailand has declined to receive any money for rebuilding, so most of it will be spent in Indonesia and Sri Lanka.

Much like the Oscars® have in my mind. At least they granted awards to the Return of the King. But they change the rules to fit their agenda all the time. Witness how Open House and Team America was kicked out retroactively, and the past uproar about the documentary category.
"Don't think of them of 'rules', but rather as general guidelines." (I don't remember the quote. Do any of you?)

"Don't think of them of 'rules', but rather as general guidelines." (I don't remember the quote. Do any of you?)

Sounds like Julie Musante.....or even Dr. Fraklin and his "food plan"............but really it reminds me of a quote from an episode of the West Wing where Toby has a problem with the rules, Leo says they aren't really rules, they're more like guidelines, and Toby has Leo's secratery Margret read off the first line of the memo laying them out......"Rules for......."

My guess would be several characters in Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl. Though they say "code" and not "rules," but the rest is pretty much there.

My guess would be several characters in Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl. Though they say "code" and not "rules," but the rest is pretty much there.

DING! DING! That was it. I remember it now. And it was "code".

Where are nuclear wessels?! I'm looking for nuclear wessels! Can you please to tell me where is nuclear wessels?!

Pirates of the Caribbean did this well, as others have mentioned, but I first ran into the phrasing in Terry Pratchett's Discworld series.

I expect it's a phrase that's made the rounds quite a bit.

Where are nuclear wessels?! I'm looking for nuclear wessels! Can you please to tell me where is nuclear wessels?!

It's pretty scary.....watch 15-20 minutes of Star Trek IV with ........Chekov, Pavel, Rank??? Admiral..........

Now quickly change DVDs and watch B5 with Bester doing his "For the love of god......Montresor!!!" bit or any of his trademark Bester hypocritical Why Does Everyone Hate Me So Much routines.........

"You see me as pinata huh, so, you think of me as something bright & cheerful, full of toys & candy for young children....Thank you, that makes me feel.... much better about our relationship.

It is truely amazing, the range of the two roles....... ;)

I expect it's a phrase that's made the rounds quite a bit.

That was my feeling too, I seem to have seen it in some form or another in a good half dozen places......it would seem to be a popular little dead pan bit of humor that is often inserted to lighten a dramatic moment.

Walter Koenig interview

<ul type="square">
[*] The USD 15 000 fee is donated to the Hollywood Historic Trust, a tax-deductible charity that gives money to projects that take care of Hollywood history.
[*] The application has to be filed with evidence of both
- professional long-time work in the field, and
- charitable and community work (Walter works to get money for "Children of the Night", for example)
[*] The donation website will collect the $ 15 000, and every dollar donated above that, will go to "Children of the Night", a charity working to get youngsters out of prostitution.
[*] Walter has to agree to show up at the ceremony, and he has given autographs to give to those who give a lot of money, so yes, he is involved.
[/list]
P.S: There's an article linked from that site, that mentions that Walter has heard about the new film project, compares the roles of Bester and Chekov, etc.

http://www.starbase972.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=139

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back