• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Voting that Crusade didn't deserve cancellation

hypatia

Regular
Voting that Crusade didn\'t deserve cancellation

It has been awhile since I checked out the "Save Crusade" website. They mentioned a Cinescape.com that was having fans vote for the Science Fiction series that least deserved to be cancelled. So far, Crusade has 53% of the vote, 1st Wave has 15% and Freaks and Geeks 11%, with the rest at lower percentages.

Go and vote for Crusade! (Or any other show you think is more worthy! Grrr.
mad.gif
)

Here should be the website: http://www.cinescape.com/0/Television_2.asp

This post on the Save Crusade website was made July 23, so hurry, it's probably a weekly pole!

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

Re: Voting that Crusade didn\'t deserve cancellation

Done and done.

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

I popped over there.

------------------
When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in a confederacy against him.
-Jonathan Swift

Ever happy to express my opinion on this matter.

------------------
Canned flarn is a sacrilege.

Crusade's got quite a lead with over 800 votes cast. Nice to see the fans are making their point clear, even if it's been over 2 years since it originally aired/cancelle.

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

Who knows what will help anymore, but thanks for putting your 2 cents worth in, all! After all, many many 2 cents add up to something worth counting, if enough people do it!
laugh.gif

------------------

I voted!
laugh.gif

can I get a hell ya!!!!
laugh.gif

------------------
"I am the state"
Napoleon

hell ya!!!

------------------
I have always been here...

Is that like a "hell yea"? I think it is more like a "hell no", isnt' it? Hell no, Crusade should not have been cancelled. TNT's brain boys should have been fired for trying to control what JMS wrote!
mad.gif

------------------

I voted. No problem choosing as I never watched any of the others. Do you think it will do any good?
frown.gif

------------------

I've no idea if it'll do any good. But if not, at least it broke the monotony for thiry seconds or so....
wink.gif

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

Darth Vader: oh, ok. Then "hell yea" back atcha!

Will it do any good? It certainly WON'T do any HARM, that's all I know!

I have heard that the letter writing campaign didn't hurt efforts, either, as well as the emails. Letter-writing is supposed to be the best. I'm probably going to wait until B5LR comes out to write any more letters to Bonnie Hammer, though.

I just dont' see how it can hurt.
smile.gif

------------------

Working title for Crusade was Babylon 5: The Crusade Project. TNT wanted to differentiate this show from Babylon 5 so new viewers wouldn't think they needed to be familiar with B5 to enjoy it.

And Cinescape did a story or two on Crusade during the run and earlier in the Save Crusade campaign. Whether the same staff are there now, I don't know, but they should have at least a corporate memory of the show.

Ro

------------------
I have no surviving
enemies. At all.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Technomage Roanna:
Working title for Crusade was Babylon 5: The Crusade Project.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Nope - it was The Babylon Project: Crusade. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>TNT wanted to differentiate this show from Babylon 5 so new viewers wouldn't think they needed to be familiar with B5 to enjoy it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
That was when they started messing around afther the first five episodes had been shot - long afther the name change.

I think it's a good sign that it's lumped with those shows. It's as if they set it up to compare the recent cancelations to the most glaring example of unfair cancelation they could think of. It also means that Crusade is still on the minds of some people who may not be diehard fans.

Hell yah.

------------------
Bus

"How am I supposed to hallucinate with all these swirling colors distracting me?"-Lisa

Cinescape seems to be awfully confused about Crusade. They call it "Babylon 5: The Crusade", and they lump it in with shows that were cancelled this years, which suggests that they might have erroneously thought that its recent run on SFC was a new series that just now got cancelled.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by drakh:
Nope - it was The Babylon Project: Crusade. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oops, there goes my memory dyslexia again. Thanks for the correction.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Ro said:
TNT wanted to differentiate this show from Babylon 5 so new viewers wouldn't think they needed to be familiar with B5 to enjoy it.

Drakh's response:
That was when they started messing around afther the first five episodes had been shot - long afther the name change.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was more a question of degree of discussion/interference. The desire to differentiate the shows went all the way back to the casting decisions, which were much earlier than the abrupt interruption of production.

Ro

------------------
I have no surviving
enemies. At all.

I notice that the poll ends on the 29 at 12 PM. With only 8 mins left I casted my vote.

These were the results:

1. 43% Babylon 5: Thr Crusade
2. 30% First Wave
3. 9% Freaks and Geeks
4. 5% 7-Days
5. 4% CLEOPATRA 2525
5. 4% SPORTS NIGHT
6. 2% THE MICHAEL RICHARDS SHOW

Total Votes: 1250

------------------
If you have an B5, crusade, or Rangers site and you want to join a webring join the Intersellar Alliace:
The Intersellar Alliance Webring
Home of the index of Alien races of Crusade: http://babylon5crusade.cjb.net

Back