• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Visual effects going "amazingly well"

B5LR

Regular
Visual effects going \"amazingly well\"

<font size="+1">Visual effects going "amazingly well"</font>
<font size="3">Effects supervisor speaks to B5LR.com</font>

After the demise of Netter Digital, which produced the effects for B5 and Crusade, a new effects house was needed for Babylon 5: The Legend of the Rangers. It was announced in May that Toronto- and Vancouver-based company GVFX had won the contract. The company, which has been nominated for a string of awards, has worked on sci-fi shows such as The Outer Limits and Stargate SG-1.

Mark Savela, visual effects supervisor for B5LR at GVFX, dropped a line to say how well the process was going, and how pleased everyone is so far.

"I just wanted to let you know that things on the visual effects side are going amazingly well," he enthused. "The fans are going to be so pleased. We have major sequence after major sequence that look incredible now. This show is going to be fantastic. JMS, Doug [Netter] Mike [Vejar] and Stein (the editor) have been great to work with and we've formed quite a team over the last while. I can't wait (like everyone else) for the fans to see it."

We will hopefully be doing an article on GVFX and their work in the future, so stay tuned to B5LR.com.

Re: Visual effects going \"amazingly well\"

It's very true. Mark has done an amazing job pulling everything together, and it all looks great! I think everyone will be very pleased with the VFX, they're looking incredible.

------------------
Alec McClymont, 3D Artist
3D Artist - GVFX

We live for the one. We die for the one.

I for one can't wait.
laugh.gif

If you can answer it what kind of style are you going for in the movie. The old B5 style or a more movie kind of style. Or..?
smile.gif
laugh.gif
smile.gif

------------------
Thomas Banner
Diverse 3D

I'd rather not comment on that since I'm not the one who's responsible for the style of the show. But it looks wonderful, everyone will be very pleased!

------------------
Alec McClymont, 3D Artist
3D Artist - GVFX

We live for the one. We die for the one.

Understandable, Slade. I'm sure you folks will surprise everyone!

Now where's that drool smilie when I need it
laugh.gif

------------------
Thomas Banner
Diverse 3D

Cool news, I can't wait to see what the ship looks like
wink.gif

------------------
Emporer Turhan-"How will this end"
Kosh-"In fire"

I REALLY love Stargate SG-1 visual effects! GVFX really knows the job.
I can't wait to see the movie
BTW. what about Stargate now?? Does GVFX do both??

------------------
We live for the One, we die for the One

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back