• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Very Special Auctions

Ok,now I get it ,the finger is NOT part of the picture!!! :eek: :LOL:

::sob:: I try so hard...I wrote my little fingers to the bone trying to write a nice ad for the prints, somthing that people would enjoy reading, and then...nobody even reads it...::sob::

From the auction page:
NOTE: The photo in this listing is of the original, framed painting. Your print will be full size on heavy watercolor paper. Frame, arm and shirt pictured are not included in this auction.

:p

Jan

Well, the final auction is over and the final tally is in for the five print auctions.

To recap: Last year JMS held a garage sale and one of the most significant items he parted with was the Peter Ledger painting of the massive interior of the B5 Station. JMS had commissioned the painting to help sell the show and demonstrate the scope of the proposed B5 Station. Since JMS had commissioned the work, he let it be known that all rights went with the painting in case the winning bidder decided to make prints and sell them.

The winning bidder wanted to share his good fortune and make prints available to folks who couldn't afford the items that JMS was auctioning and he wanted to do some good, too. He came up with the idea of making a limited number of prints available with the proceeds going to benefit the family of Richard Biggs. Since I'd done some auctions earlier on and already had the Ebay and PayPal accounts set up, I offered to put them at his disposal for the auctions.

And now the auctions are done. Each one brought in more than the last and the final total came in at $1,480.00. I've thrown in a last little bit to make it a nice even $1,500.00. Once again, B5 fans have shown what generous, big hearts they have.

Jan

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back