• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Valen in Stasis? (spoilers)

Or maybe he was wisked away like Sheridan was.

I've always assumed that that was what JMS was alluding to in his DVD commentary when he pointed out a couple of times that they never found Valen's body.

Jan

Or maybe he was wisked away like Sheridan was.

I've always assumed that that was what JMS was alluding to in his DVD commentary when he pointed out a couple of times that they never found Valen's body.

Jan

I reckon that that's a fate reserved for all those who are dubbed "The One".

We know there is a story (unwritten but in JMS head), which concerns Delenn's final journey before her death.... and it being a quest concerning Valen. I reckon she went looking for his body or something.

I like to think that she failed, and returned home to die dejected. In her last moments she returns to the temple where she saw a vision of him... and as she slowly begins to slip away. Valen materialises and takes her away to be with himself, Sheridan and the First Ones.

It's a romatic idea, many would probably say it stinks... but I like it!

What would Valen do beyond the rim for the 1000 years he'd be left alone before the First Ones migrated (or died, or whatever)? :confused:

There wouldn't be a Taco Bell there yet, would there be? :p

Hyp, the First ones Lorien took beyond the rim, were the remaining first ones, not the only first ones. So, one would think, if they were the last of the first ones, there must've been first ones going beyond the rim before that, so 1000 years is not accurate (just in case you were serious about that part of your post. If it was all in jest, than can I have a napkin to wipe this egg off my face, please)

Yea, if we wanted to get a conversation going, I could ask if it was actually specified that the First Ones no longer here all went "beyond the rim". Or indeed, if they even all went to the same place, or if any of them would care if this Valen dude popped up.

(Personally, I'm with GKE on this one. Old Mighty put it well. :LOL:)

Well, when Delenn is telling Sheridan about the First Ones and the Shadows and the Vorlons and the war a 1000 years ago, she does say that they "don't have the other First Ones to help us this time." So, would that then mean that there were some First Ones that helped the Minbari fight the Shadows a thousand years ago in addition to the help the Minbari got from the Vorlons? Could any that helped last time have gone beyond the rim after the conclusion of that conflict 1000 years ago who would then know who Valen was if he went with them?

Ah, but what if they didn't all head to the Taco Bell? Maybe he's sitting at the Taco Bell for 1000 years while they are all having a blast at the local Chinese restaraunt.

:)

So, would that then mean that there were some First Ones that helped the Minbari fight the Shadows a thousand years ago in addition to the help the Minbari got from the Vorlons? Could any that helped last time have gone beyond the rim after the conclusion of that conflict 1000 years ago who would then know who Valen was if he went with them?

The big fight against the Shadows was 10,000 years a go. After the fight several of the First Ones left and the Vorlons built the jump gates.

There appears to have been 2 fights 1,000 years a go. The younger races fought each other and the remaining First Ones fought the Shadows. The Minbari may have been in both fights.

I imagine Valen would be more likely to be waiting at McBari's than Taco Bell. Even Vir loved the Ribs there.

There appears to have been 2 fights 1,000 years a go. The younger races fought each other and the remaining First Ones fought the Shadows.

That goes perfect with the Shadows' method of growth by chaos, doesn't it? ;)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back