• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Two different kind of Drakh? Spoilers for the fifth season

D

**DONOTDELETE**

On monday night's episode, "In the Kingdom of the Blind," Londo and G'Kar go to Centauri Prime. While they're there. Londo is most killed by another Centauri but is saved by telekinesis by an unknown alien. We get a very brief glimpse of this alien but it looks very different from Shiv'Kala, the Drakh controlling the Regent. Does anyone know any details about this alien? I've read the Legions of Fire Trilogy by PAD but I don't recall anything about any aliens other than Shiv'kala's Drakh being on Centauri Prime. Can anyone help me here?

------------------
"And so it begins..." - Kosh

those are, i believe, drakh soilders... im pretty sure they're all considered drakh

that was the same guy we saw in 'lines of communications' (only without the blur effect), and we saw them in crusade too, warzone i believe... the type that Shiv'Kala appears to be a 'rulling' class, while the other kind appears to do lower tasks like fighting and such

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world.### - caught from Saps @ B5MG

Thanks for the swift reply
smile.gif
It now makes more sense. I wonder why there was that blur effect in "Lines of Communication."

------------------
"And so it begins..." - Kosh

cause it looked cool?
laugh.gif

seriously... perhaps they were just trying to intimidate delenn and co?

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world.### - caught from Saps @ B5MG

The blur was done because JMS was unsatisfied with the appearance of the costume, and did the blur to conceal it.

------------------
You're speaking treason! Olivia De Havilland as Maid Marian
Fluently! Errol Flynn as Robin Hood
You're talking treason! Olivia De Havilland as Arabella Bishop
I trust I'm not obscure. Errol Flynn as Dr. Peter Blood

Pallindromes of the month: Snug was I, ere I saw guns.
Doom an evil deed, liven a mood.

They also thought the "blur" would be a cool effect but, after they watched it a few extra times, decided it wasn't such a good idea.

Plus it was very expensive.

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

i can imagine, they probably had to film the drakh seperately and composite it in...

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kosh:
Thanks for the swift reply
smile.gif
It now makes more sense. I wonder why there was that blur effect in "Lines of Communication."

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think there are two castes of Drakh, upper and lower, with upper being the leaders/ship captains, lower being the soldiers.

The blur effect was probably some kind of shadowtech bening used by that particular Drakh (e.g. like a transparency web from the Centauri Prime trilogy, or other shadowtech they've used).

The blur effect and/or the masks (with the red eyes) are used to intimidate other races.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

Crusade (reruns) starting 03/26/2002 at 1PM EST on the Sci-Fi Channel

http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

I didn't think the alien that saved Londo with its telekinetic powers was a Drakh. It looked different from the skeletal, soldier Drakh, as I recall. I've assumed that this was one of the other Shadow minions.

In the Mage trilogy, a minion race is mentioned with scaborous skin (whatever the hell that means). I don't believe we've ever seen this alien in the show or one of the movies.

Cheers,

Eirik

------------------
It never ends; it only changes!

The Techno-mage triogy said something of this:

The Drakh with the craggy peaks on their heads are normal Drakh.

The common Warriors are genetically changed Drakh to be better fighters/workers. Their exoskeletons are armor.

------------------
Martin: "I should have brought my gun."
Debi: "What?!"
Martin: "Should be fun!" - Grosse Pointe Blank
Slappy's Solar System!

There WAS another race seen on Centauri Prime.

The Race that did Surgery for the Shadows.
They took Londo from his cell when he was in with G'Kar and implanted Something in him.
We never did find out just What that something was.
Londo & G'Kar were memory wiped to believe they had been Asleep while this was going on.

We don't really Know how many of the Shadow's other servant races came and went from Centauri Prime while the Drakh were there.
Since it seems more or less obvious that the Drakh ended up in charge of the servant races, at least in the Alliance area of the galaxy, we can assume that there was ongoing traffic just to carry out the day to day business of undermining the alliance.

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

The smaller drakh as also seen in Crusade are the worker/soldiers, most probably genetic engineered....

------------------
"When it is time, come to this place, call our name, we will be here" -Walkers of Sigma957
Babylon 5 freegame-I've Found Her

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bakana:

The Race that did Surgery for the Shadows.
They took Londo from his cell when he was in with G'Kar and implanted Something in him.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those are Wurt.

They have sexy eyes.

------------------
Martin: "I should have brought my gun."
Debi: "What?!"
Martin: "Should be fun!" - Grosse Pointe Blank
Slappy's Solar System!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back