• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

TV Film or Episode?

unicorn13

Hi all,

I'm trying to track down the title of one (possibly more) titles of either a Made for TV Film or Episode of B5.

I am slowly getting though my copies of Series 1 thru 5 and the films but no luck so far, can anyone here help?

Here is what I remember from when I watched it on TV (it's going back a few years though, so my memory may be a bit hazy).

1. Location: Earth in a bunker or under ground facilty
2. Sheridan, Dalen, Garibaldi and Ivanova mainly appear in it.
3. They have been dead a long time and have been brought back as AI Holograms, by one side in a two sided conflict.
4. They are unaware they are dead until further trough the episode/Film.
5. The side that created them as holograms are trying to forge/fake historical recording for some reason.
6. When they realise this the Sheridan, Dalen, Garibaldi and Ivanova holograms, Garibaldi hacks the computers and reveals the location of the base to the opposing side, who then bomb/nuke the place.

The second I think is part of the above but later in history as I think it caused armageddon/nuclear winter?

1. Location: Earth - Monistary
2. Type: Narrative by a monk.
3. Atmosphere/Style: Dark ages/medieval.
4. Going about daily business other novice monks are talking about the rangers in hushed voices.
5. Bible Present with 'Illuminations' "camera pans to view" Sheridan, Dlaen Ivanova and Markus Depicted
6. Head Monk ushers out the novices who protest and want to more, about the rangers and space flight, but he reminds them the spce travel/technology has been outlawed.
7. "Once the room is cleared, he secures the door, then walks to camera as we view, which by now looks as though we are looking at him on a monitor, and he adjusts the lens,"
8. "starts talking to camera as though making a report, Thanks some one for leaving something, Fuel? and asks that next time the container to be made to look many years older than the last"
9. "Camera follows him as he walks to a bookcase and opens and reaches into a concealed compatment and removes HIS rangers Brooch.

Third Still may be same as above also?

1. Location: Edge of galaxy or maybe in orbit of Pluto?
2. Those involved: Humans after many eons of evolution
3. scenario: returned to watch the end of our galaxy, then leaving for the galactic rim?
4. Sun has gone red giant
5. As it folds in on itself camera pulls back, to reveal an outline
6. then a bright light heads toward the outline
7. the outline is revealed to be an encounter suit, the humans have reached the same level that the vorlons have. END

This all I can remember I have tried to be as details as I can.

Many thanks, if anyone can help.
Andy

Last episode of Season 4:

Deconstruction of Falling Stars

*wonders how many other B5TV people will now post the same answer to show they knew it too*

;)

Andy,

All three are segments of one episode, "Deconstruction of Falling Stars". It replaced Sleeping in Light as the fourth season ender after the fifth season was commissioned so SiL was moved to be the fifth season ender.

There were a couple of other segments, also. One was a 'Nightline' style news show with various 'experts' expounding on the new Interstellar Alliance. The other was supposed to be at a university with a panel of teachers. An aged Delenn shows up and puts them in their place.

HTH,

Jan

Last episode of Season 4:

Deconstruction of Falling Stars

*wonders how many other B5TV people will now post the same answer to show they knew it too*

;)

I'm obliged to respond because my avatar comes from that very same episode.

However I believe a hearty "RERRIN!!!!" will suffice!

Hi all

Thanks for your replies, for some reason I thought it was in series five. It was a case of this is so vivid a memory but just couldn't place it.

I had forgotten all about the 'is there or is there not going to be a season five'

Quote Jan:

There were a couple of other segments, also. One was a 'Nightline' style news show with various 'experts' expounding on the new Interstellar Alliance. The other was supposed to be at a university with a panel of teachers. An aged Delenn shows up and puts them in their place.

End quote:

Yup, vaguely remember the 'nightline' part, but do remember Dalenn and the panel of teachers, now you mention it.

Andy

Hi all

Thanks for your replies, for some reason I thought it was in series five. It was a case of this is so vivid a memory but just couldn't place it.

I had forgotten all about the 'is there or is there not going to be a season five'

Quote Jan:

End quote:

Yup, vaguely remember the 'nightline' part, but do remember Dalenn and the panel of teachers, now you mention it.

Andy

I assume by your use of "series" you are not in the US? I believe even some US stations showed the last few episodes of S4 immediately before S5, so it may have actually looked like very early S5.

I believe even some US stations showed the last few episodes of S4 immediately before S5, so it may have actually looked like very early S5.

The last four episodes of S1, S2, and S3 all aired immediately before the start of the season that followed owing to PTEN's strange scheduling ideas and their desire to run key episodes during "sweeps" periods.

But this did not happen with the S4/S5 transition for the simple reason that S4 remained in the hands of the former PTEN broadcast stations, which did not run S5, while S5 debuted on cable channel TNT, which did not have first-run rights to S4. (They eventually aired S4 as part of the M-F reruns that kicked off several weeks before S5.)

Many of the PTEN stations simply dropped B5 and didn't air the last four episodes at all, knowing that they would not get S5. Others "burned the episodes off" in dead timeslots where they didn't care about ratings. The last four ran at 2 AM on Sundays in my neck of the woods, in early October, on the same schedule PTEN had used for the previous seasons. TNT didn't start airing the show until sometime the following January.

"Deconstruction" was, of course, produced as part of S5, being the first episode of the 22 episode production run. It was then moved into the 422 air slot (something only possible because of PTEN's weird scheduling) so that "SiL" could air as 522.

2. Sheridan, Dalen, Garibaldi and Ivanova mainly appear in it.

Actually, that's Sheridan, Delenn, Garibaldi and Franklin. Ivanova doesn't appear in it at all for the simple reason that it was filmed after Claudia Christian had left the show. (For the original airing Warner Bros. had JMS remove her credit from the opening of the show - they used the S4 titles for obvious reasons - because using it would have triggered an additional episode fee and residuals. She had already been properly paid and credited for "SiL", the 22nd episode shot for S4, which would air at the end of S5. I think the Sci-Fi reruns and maybe even the DVDs have the regular S4 credits, but this wasn't an issue because SAG payments and residuals are based on the original airings, not reruns or other uses of the material.)

Regards,

Joe

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back