• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Tripwire

Psion Ten, your theory doesn't entirely add up. If Devon had broken away from VS with his "son", Ezekial, then VS would have known about it. Thus, Major Quantrell would not have pleased to see Ezekial, or surprised Ezekial had cut off his air supply.
Now, if you're suggesting that Ezekial, Devon, and possibly Chen are double agents working inside VS, that makes more sense. In fact, it makes a lot of sense.

I really loved the ending. The way the red dot appeared, showing another base becoming operational under VS control, and the gunshot end. It left me with a very clear message:
"The future's coming, kiddies." -Quantrell

Oh, and another thing.
We won't know for a long time what Devon's affiliation will be, because VS got Ezekial, which leaves all of us high and dry. We no longer have facts, now all we have is speculation, because our only link to the mystery just got killed.

That's the other sad thing about this episode: the deaths sucked. No one died in a valiant sacrafice taking down the enemy, the just got smoked.
Personally, I liked the blind seer guy. His death plum sucked. And Ezekial's death looks like it was faked. So the deaths blew.

And one last thing: Is Lee Chen and Markus Alexander the only people with last names?

Uhm, how did you get that Ezekiel died? I just thought he got away since there wasn't a body or blood or anything. We also don't have any confirmation that Damien was killed either since we again did not see a body. Only broken glasses on a table. /ubbthreads/images/icons/confused.gif One can assume these things, sure ... but to believe they are fact? That I have a problem with. /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

Lee and Markus are not the only ones with last names:

Kurdy Malloy
Theo Drake
Elizabeth Munroe

There are more who are not regulars but they also have last names:

Reese Davenport
Jake Davenport
Jimmy Holcomb
Ricki Hatton
Sean Alexander

I could go on but I won't. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

+Lots of good stuff in this one. So it seems things were +done on purpose. Ezekial's dad killed the world, and +supposedly Jeremiah's dad is trying to save it. Does this +mean he is a good guy?

I wonder if Jeremiah's dad was involved in a biowarfare project for the government. Maybe there were two research teams one working on the bioagent and the other an anitviral agent. Perhaps Ezekiel's dad developed the bioweapon and Devon was working on the cure. Something happened and the virus was releaasd; either deliberately or accidentally. I think the papers Devon was looking for were his research on a cure.

I still think that the only allegiance we know is Jeremiah's. And, perhaps, Kurdy's.

Everyone else is in the grey area.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Morden:
<font color=yellow>Psion Ten, your theory doesn't entirely add up. If Devon had broken away from VS with his "son", Ezekial, then VS would have known about it. Thus, Major Quantrell would not have pleased to see Ezekial, or surprised Ezekial had cut off his air supply.
Now, if you're suggesting that Ezekial, Devon, and possibly Chen are double agents working inside VS, that makes more sense. In fact, it makes a lot of sense.

I really loved the ending. The way the red dot appeared, showing another base becoming operational under VS control, and the gunshot end. It left me with a very clear message:
"The future's coming, kiddies." -Quantrell</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Like I said, the group that Jeremiah's father heads probably has operatives all over the place, including Valhalla Sector. Of course Major Quantrell was pleased to see Ezekiel at first because he believed that they were on the same side (assuming that Ezekiel is a mole in VS) and he was surprised when Ezekiel cut off the air because he believed that Ezekiel was there to rescue him.

Hmm, the more I concentrate of these things the more my head hurts.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by PsionTen:
<font color=yellow>Hmm, the more I concentrate of these things the more my head hurts.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
*pats PsionTen's head*

Don't worry. I think it's supposed to be this way.

I'll tell ya what dude, I think Jeremiah's dad and Ezekial HAVE to be located AT Valhalla Sector. For the simple reason that when Ezekial in Firewall came to kill Quantrell, Quantrell said "oh, its you, what took you so long." He thought he was there to rescue him, not kill him. At least Ezekial has to be a part of a group inside VS that is working in secret. If they were a group not located in VS, then Quantrell's reaction would have been very different at seeing him.

What about the guy that reported in on a walkie-talkie as they were leaving Dunbury?

Who was he?

If he's working for Devon, this could be good.

If he's working for Quantrell's bosses - well, this could be bad... very bad...

Yea Lyta wrote about that dude on her website. I didnt make the connection and see that it was the same guy over and over again. Im not sure what his deal is or whose side he is on. He may have been there to help, or to harm. It really WASNT shown either way which.

hrmm.

Ok thats freakin WEIRD. I looked at the Jeremiah forum from the main, and saw that the last post was made at 12:43 by SavantB5. So I come in here to read it, and there are no new posts visible. However in this thread, the last post made, had the time of 12:43 as well, so I figured that maybe I accidentially read it and didnt see it. So I click and open this thread and the last post in the thread was my above one at around 10. I even maunally refreshed the pages to be certain, although it couldnt be browser cache cause the time was AFTER my post.

Very strange. Seems there was a phantom post.

Finally got around to seeing it. F***ing A.

It seems like Jeremiah's dad knows about Jeremiah's brother being dead. I assume it is because Ezekial knows and told him.

Ezekial said that he is sworn to protect Jeremiah (let's call him J for short, shall we?), yet he wasn't around in plenty of life-threatening situations J was in. Ezekial may then only be "sworn to protect" him from specific threats, eg, Quantrell's faction.

They have been hinting that Lee is a mole. However, he is clearly woking with Ezekial and, possibly unbeknownst to him, Jeremiah's dad. There's an important piece of the puzzle we're missing here, and that piece is full of chocolaty goodness, comes with a free pot holder, and folds up and fits under a bed.

Wouldn't it be great if Jeremiah's dad was some evil megalomaniac?

I really liked how they tied in the Jason Priestly episode.

Why everyone thinks that sniper aimed Jeremiah and that he was hired my Lee? Have i missed some scenes?

Only Lee told us that sniper was aiming Jeremiah but he might have lied. I think Markus was real target.

Sigma

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sigma:
<font color=yellow>Why everyone thinks that sniper aimed Jeremiah and that he was hired my Lee? Have i missed some scenes?

Only Lee told us that sniper was aiming Jeremiah but he might have lied. I think Markus was real target.

Sigma</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
I dont remember saying he was hired by him. He said maybe he was aiming at Jeremiah, and he has a point. I think that was said to make US the audience think. That sniper probably came from VS if I had to guess. We will see...

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Recoil:
<font color=yellow>I dont remember saying he was hired by him. He said maybe he was aiming at Jeremiah, and he has a point. I think that was said to make US the audience think. That sniper probably came from VS if I had to guess. We will see...</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
I agree.

btw i didn't reply to your post, i just replied to whole thread..your post was just first in line. And i cant find a way to reply to whole thread.

Sigma

Gotcha, I usually just reply to the last post on the list. If I am replying to someone specifically then I will reply to their post, usually with quotes.

Bit slow to watch this episode aren't ya? /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

Megalomaniac ... I think I just found a new favorite word. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif Yes, it would be a great twist to see Jeremiah's dad not playing for the team he thinks he is.

Sigma, there is no way to reply to the whole thread but Recoil has good advice. Find a post that best addresses your point and reply to that one. If you cannot do that, then it might be a good idea to state that your post is not addressed to whoever it is currently addressed to. Might save on some confusion. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Lyta:
<font color=yellow>Sigma, there is no way to reply to the whole thread but Recoil has good advice. Find a post that best addresses your point and reply to that one. If you cannot do that, then it might be a good idea to state that your post is not addressed to whoever it is currently addressed to. Might save on some confusion. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
I know, i know /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif
I usualy dont watch my posts after previews so at first i didnt noticed re:recoil line in up-er corner. My mistake.

About Tripwire:
Excellent. It was nice setup episode...if you think about it now, it seems that very little (new) happened in this episode. It was just a nice setup before big bang. Silence before storm.

I would not be surprised if this episode (and dicussion here)will be turned completly upside down in season1 finale.

Sigma

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sigma:
<font color=yellow>About Tripwire:
Excellent. It was nice setup episode...if you think about it now, it seems that very little (new) happened in this episode. It was just a nice setup before big bang. Silence before storm.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
I dont know if I agree there. Ok yea, we knew VS was on the move. We suspected that Jeremiah's dad was alive, now he has been told that he is, and is at VS. But the two big things for me were the dream sequences at the begining at the end. The begining one said he had "forgotten something."

And, the more and more I think about it, the more I really like how this one ended. That last dream sequence was just so well done and cool, and made you go "DAMN" right at the end. A cool way to end the episode and REALLY make you wonder what the hell that all meant.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back