• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Tonight's BSG [1.09] - SPOILERS (What gives?)

Recoil

Regular
Tonight\'s BSG [1.09] - SPOILERS (What gives?)

In some ways this episode was sort of their "fun/upbeat" episode as it had many lighthearted moments. But I have to ask one question that has come up in the last 2 episodes:

WHAT GIVES WITH BALTAR?

Why the hell isn't he telling anyone who is and isn't a Cylon? I can see him not wanting to tell Boomer to her face she is one, but why didn't he go to the Commander or the President? And what about that line tonight that his Cylon buddie wispered in his ear "If they only knew everyone passes these tests"

Why won't he actually USE his machine? What does he have to lose? I'd think he has a lot more to gain by using it.

Re: Tonight\'s BSG [1.09] - SPOILERS (What gives?)

It's a tough one, isn't it? Baltar's mind seems to be disintegrating stage by stage, and the hold Six has over him is growing. His actions don't make sense, and his behaviour is irrational. He really seems to be losing it.

I'm not going to say any more than this: he doesn't get any better as time goes on!

I don't know, but I recommend you listen to the Podcast by Ron Moore on the SciFi site.
Let's face it, Baltar is somebody unpredictable and pretty hilarious. Not knowing his true motivations, or what he'll do next, provides a constant question mark.

When he started working on the detector I figured he was never going to reveal who was actually a Cylon. I think in his warped mind, he's afraid that whoever he reveals will in turn tell his part in the Cylon invasion. Of course Baltar could just be going insane.

He doesn't tell anyone because if he does it likely will come out that HE is directly responsible for the Cylon invasion of Caprica (and the other human inhabited planets). He betrayed the whole human race. That's a pretty big secret and when they find out he's been collaborating with the cylons it will be impossible to keep.

It's a tough one, isn't it? Baltar's mind seems to be disintegrating stage by stage, and the hold Six has over him is growing. His actions don't make sense, and his behaviour is irrational. He really seems to be losing it.

I'm not going to say any more than this: he doesn't get any better as time goes on!

This is what I was thinking as well. Six definately seems to be wearing him down bit by bit. Hopefully, someone on Galactica figures it out.

Tibbetts

When he started working on the detector I figured he was never going to reveal who was actually a Cylon. I think in his warped mind, he's afraid that whoever he reveals will in turn tell his part in the Cylon invasion. Of course Baltar could just be going insane.

Hmm. Is he making a Cylon detector or a human detector?

A human detector would be useful if you wished to endure that all the humans on Earth had been eliminated.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back