• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

" To Live and Die in Starlight"

Re: \" To Live and Die in Starlight\"

Why are they taunting us? Why do they have to be so cruel???
laugh.gif

Oh, and Kribu, thrawn's waiting for you in the chatroom.

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

Great report! Now if Jan.weren't so far away. Oy!
frown.gif
frown.gif

I am glad the cast liked the movie. With any luck they will be filming the series at Easter, (or next summer). The big risk was that after 10 minuets they would all have been calling their agents asking for work.

------------------
Andrew Swallow

With the DVD coming out on December 4th and the TV-movie premiering in January the anticipation is too great. I don't know if I can make it.
smile.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
No one here is exactly what he appears.
Babylon 5
G'Kar - Andreas Katsulas

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> but if it's really *that* good, would it be stupid of them to hold off and wait?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

At this point, the deciding factor is when the Money is available.

They will be timing it for the best advantages they can purely from a financial point of view.

If they believe that a January release date will get the Largest audience, that's when it will air.

They will avoid the Networks "peak season" because too many viewers will be drawn away by "too many shows to decide between".

They will probably also avoid the Holiday season because most viewers are too busy to watch Anything. (Ever wonder why the Networks show lots of 30, 40 & 50 year old Movies then?
wink.gif
)

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

heh, I have a 18. birthday in January. LotR from TV would be a wonderful gift
smile.gif

Unfortunaly it maybe take a while until it comes here on Finland.

------------------
We live for the One, we die for the One

Awesome news!!!!! Thanks for sharing it with us! I can't wait to see the movie! I am so much looking forward to it. If "To Live and Die in Starlight" is anything like previous knockout JMS works and if Franke's music kicks butt like his music for B5 did, than I think we are all in for an incredible treat.

Thanks again Kitaro!!!
------------------
Long live the Salad Rangers! We live for the Salad Bar, we die for the Salad Bar.

[This message has been edited by RW7427 (edited September 01, 2001).]

Sounds great, a shame most of us here in the UK won't see it until a while afterwards, short of going to America.
smile.gif
Although with this report it's a tempting idea.
laugh.gif

Does anyone have any news of a date for a UK showing?
crazy.gif

------------------
BETH: "Well all I did was go for a really long walk."
JIMMY: "Where'd you go?"
BETH: "I don't know... I mean... all over the city, I guess... and then somehow I ended up standing outside Bill's apartment building and... I wanted to make sure he was... really gone, you know... so I figured out which window was his and then I just started yelling, you know, "BILL, HEY BILL!!!"
JIMMY: "And then what happened?"
BETH: "Well, finally someone opened their window and yelled down, "Shut the hell up you crazy bitch!"
JOE: "That's just what Bill would've done."
BETH: "Yeah, and that just made me think... his spirit lives on in others." - Newsradio

Thanks for the excellent reportage, Warren.

Sounds just tantalizingly delightful. This is going to be a looooong four months I fear.

And even longer for our international units.

May I just say, "Aaaarrrrghhhhhhh!"

I feel much better now.
cool.gif

Ro

------------------
A ship in a port is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dean Marshall:

A great job, with f**kin' kick ass people all hell bent on entertaining the shit out of you on a great show and having all of you along for the ride would be a dream come true...!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Our dream, too, Dean.

*begins humming the ISA anthem along with Channe....*

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>
But I'm projecting.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, if you've been doing homework on the original series, you may have heard "Our thoughts shape the universe."

Keep those projections coming, we'll be looking forward to one big a$$ "boom" in Jan, 2002...
shocked.gif

Ro

------------------
A ship in a port is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr Excalibur:
heh, I have a 18. birthday in January. LotR from TV would be a wonderful gift
smile.gif

Unfortunaly it maybe take a while until it comes here on Finland.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well my 25th birthday is on January 2nd, which I still consider to be the most likely airdate for TLaDiS, despite what the TV Guide Channel says. So I'm really hoping for a good birthday present in the form of a high quality TV movie.

------------------

i hope i hear about the Australian release dates soon i dont wana miss this
smile.gif

i cant wait for LOTR its been such a long time since ive had a sniff of new B5 i just hope they approve the seriese

------------------
G'kar " No dictator no invader can hold an imprissioned population by force of arms .forever.. there is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom...against that power goverments and tirants and armies Cannot stand... The centuri learned this lession once ... We will teach it to them again... though it take a thousand years... We will be Free!"

Jelous, jelous, jelous
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

(That sound you hear is my teeth grinding in frustration)

Come on C4! Sign it up!

------------------
Ranger Elenopa

"You can get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you can with just a kind word"

I think Bakana is right, they won't want to show the movie during the November sweeps because it could get lost up against some of the other specials. Also December is usually a dead month except for a plethora of Christmas specials and end-of-year documentaries.

So early January sounds like a good time to get everyone's attention, BUT NOT on New Year's Day, please
crazy.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Also December is usually a dead month except for a plethora of Christmas specials and end-of-year documentaries.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

December is also the month where the Sci-Fi Channel got its best-ever ratings (up against all those holiday specials and end-of-year documentaries) with the Dune mini-series. Expect similar programming this year, during which B5: The Legend of the Rangers will be heavily promoted.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

"as my great grandfather use to say COOL"
cool.gif

------------------
spacey *BEEP BEEP*

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by havh:
Ahhhh... I get the feeling that the end of the year and the beginning of the next will be quite nice. A DVD coming out the 4th of december, Lord of the Rings also in december and then to top it, To Live and die in Starlight. I really look forward.

regards
Halldor

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was just thinking that as I was scrolling down this list. Unless RL bites me in the posterior, December/January looks like a mighty festive season for me!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
"Thin air? Why is it always thin air? Never fat air, chubby air, mostly-fit-could-stand-lose-a-few-pounds air?"

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back