• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

this just came in the mail from scifi.com

Modane

Regular
SCIFI.COM & Babylon 5: The Legend of the Rangers
Babylon 5 Fans,

The SCI FI Channel has teamed up with J. Michael Straczynski to create a new BABYLON 5 movie, THE LEGEND OF THE RANGERS. The movie will air on SCI FI in January 2002, and you can find more information about it on our newly relaunched RANGERS Web site at http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers

As most of you know, RANGERS is both a stand-alone movie and a pilot for a potential series. That means the better the movie does in the ratings, the better chance there will be for an ongoing RANGERS show. SCI FI will be launching a traditional marketing campaign in the coming months to support the movie, but we'd also like to try something that's never been done before: we'd like to add you to the RANGERS support team.

We know BABYLON 5 fans are among the most passionate fans on the planet, and we also know that you want what we want: to see more BABYLON 5 on the air. So we'd like to enlist BABYLON 5 fans who want to help us with a grassroots effort aimed at attracting new viewers to Rangers. Here is how you can help:

YOUR IDEAS
->Send us your ideas about how fans could best help promote/support the movie, keeping in mind that the goal is to reach sci-fi fans who would not ordinarily tune into a BABYLON 5 movie.

OUR IDEAS
->Let us now if you think invitations, T-shirts and downloadable flyers (that can be printed and handed out and/or posted) with tune-in information would be useful for B5 fans to give out and/or wear in order to get other people to watch the movie.

CAR WRAPS
->If you are a fan who owns a car and frequently drives in the New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Boston, Dallas, Washington, Detroit or Atlanta metropolitan areas, and you would be willing to have your car "wrapped" in advertising for RANGERS, please let us know. The types of cars most suited for wrapping are:

Plymouth - P.T. Cruiser
Volkswagen - Beetles, Jettas
Lincoln - Navigator
Ford - Explorer, Expeditions, Excursions, F-150, Dulies, All Vans
GMC - Jimmy, All Vans
Chevy - Astro Vans, Conversion Vans, All commercial Vans
Dodge - Durango, Ram Trucks
Nissan - Pathfinder, Extera, Maxima
Honda - Civic
BMW - M-3

Please send your ideas to b5rangers@www.scifi.com and/or indicate your interest in having your car wrapped by Wednesday, Oct. 24.

And please visit http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers for the latest news and updates on the series.

it sounds like the promotion is starting up.
smile.gif

------------------
No one here is exactly what he appears.
G'Kar - Andreas Katsulas

Nothing's the same anymore.
Commander Sinclair - Michael O'Hare

Babylon 5

That it does, that it does. hmmm. Car-wrap sounds interesting...wait...I don't own a car.

------------------
"Tho' much is taken,much abides; and tho' we are not that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
-- Alfred Lord Tennyson
A poem left by Jeff Sinclair for John Sheridan

I responded.
smile.gif
I offered to be a walking advertisement for them.
laugh.gif
This will be so neat.

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

Oh, I'll wear a t-shirt. I will be a walking advertisement. The newly-formed science fiction club here at school is launching activities with a promoted screening of B5LR as soon as the second semester starts up.

But a car wrap?

I'm not that obsessed. My Whitestar (yes, that's what it's called) is staying white, especially since the city I live in isn't one of the ones listed.

Besides, I think driving to work in a car screaming "B5LR!!!!" would seriously damage my credibility at my (very important) internship. I'm hoping to get a job there, and it's a very suit-and-tie place.

If you could to do this, I say, GO FOR IT. What a novel way to promote the series.

If any of you do this, I want pictures!!

------------------
Ranger Channe, the next JMS, who walks in the dark places no one may enter, lives for the One, and dies for the chocolate cheesecake.

I forgot to mention-

Some of the best-rated shows in my area were advertised on bus-wraps.

No kidding.

------------------
Ranger Channe, the next JMS, who walks in the dark places no one may enter, lives for the One, and dies for the chocolate cheesecake.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
I'm not that obsessed. My Whitestar (yes, that's what it's called) is staying white, especially since the city I live in isn't one of the ones listed.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL
That'd be great to a Ford Whitestar wrapped up to look like a whitestar.
laugh.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Besides, I think driving to work in a car screaming "B5LR!!!!" would seriously damage my credibility at my (very important) internship. I'm hoping to get a job there, and it's a very suit-and-tie place.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>If you could to do this, I say, GO FOR IT. What a novel way to promote the series.

If any of you do this, I want pictures!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

me too!
post pictures of you B5 wrapped car if you do this!
smile.gif

------------------
G'Kar - Andreas Katsulas

Babylon 5

That's pretty damn cool. I wish I lived in America to help out more. I'd get my HOUSE wrapped if.
laugh.gif

------------------
BETH: "Well all I did was go for a really long walk."
JIMMY: "Where'd you go?"
BETH: "I don't know... I mean... all over the city, I guess... and then somehow I ended up standing outside Bill's apartment building and... I wanted to make sure he was... really gone, you know... so I figured out which window was his and then I just started yelling, you know, "BILL, HEY BILL!!!"
JIMMY: "And then what happened?"
BETH: "Well, finally someone opened their window and yelled down, "Shut the hell up you crazy bitch!"
JOE: "That's just what Bill would've done."
BETH: "Yeah, and that just made me think... his spirit lives on in others." - Newsradio

Well I just got the message too, and I must say I am impressed that they are going to so much trouble to get this movie advertised.

If they saw my car they wouldn't it wrapped in anything but a big tarpaulin to hide it from view.
laugh.gif

I'd buy a t-shirt but it's the wrong time of year for me to be wearing t-shirts. A sweat shirt would be more appropriate.

I'm on half a dozen other scifi lists so I think the best thing would be to alert them all in a mass mailing about a week before B5LR is shown.

Any other suggestions?

------------------

If any fans do decide to wrap their cars will the local papers be invited to take pictures? The local tv station?

Will the kit containing the wrap also contain copies of Sci-Fi press releases? Hopefully, a telephone number that tv journalists can ring to get clips to complete the news item.

This does promotion does not apply to me since I live in Britain.

------------------
Andrew Swallow

What does "wrapping" your car mean? I'd do it if it wasn't permanent, even though my car isn't listed in the message.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

Wait just a minute, who in their right mind would let their BMW be "wrapped?" If I owned an M-3, nobody would even come close to touching it.

------------------
"Where I was raised, if you wanted to be successful, you found someone else who was successful and followed their lead. I followed Tony Gwynn from the start. I followed him to McDonald's. I followed him to Burger King. I followed him ..."

-- John Kruk, on one of his first teammates in pro ball and a kindred spirit

I also received that e-mail, but have yet to go to their Rangers site to check it out.

------------------
RW, the salad ambassador. Visit my salad bar forum at www.b5rangers.net

Wrapping is a pretty common way of advertising in the States. Or at least where I live.

What happens is that they put a non-permenant "sheet" of sorts, an adhesive, over you car. They take it off at the end of the term with no ill effects. While it's on, it's a moving advertisement. As far as I know it doesn't hurt the buses' paint jobs at all.

That would be a good move - they ran a few features around here when they started wrapping the buses. Such a move - accompanied by photos and a well-wrtten press release - might at least get some space in the entertainment section of your local paper...

I own a Nissan Stanza, and it's a sleek, mean, white, fightin' machine. Right now it's fightin' for breath, but hey...

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Modane:
SCIFI.COM & Babylon 5: The Legend of the Rangers
Babylon 5 Fans,

The SCI FI Channel has teamed up with J. Michael Straczynski to create a new BABYLON 5 movie, THE LEGEND OF THE RANGERS. The movie will air on SCI FI in January 2002, and you can find more information about it on our newly relaunched RANGERS Web site at http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers

As most of you know, RANGERS is both a stand-alone movie and a pilot for a potential series. That means the better the movie does in the ratings, the better chance there will be for an ongoing RANGERS show. SCI FI will be launching a traditional marketing campaign in the coming months to support the movie, but we'd also like to try something that's never been done before: we'd like to add you to the RANGERS support team.

We know BABYLON 5 fans are among the most passionate fans on the planet, and we also know that you want what we want: to see more BABYLON 5 on the air. So we'd like to enlist BABYLON 5 fans who want to help us with a grassroots effort aimed at attracting new viewers to Rangers. Here is how you can help:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well FINALLY! Are all of you, who received the email message, subscribed to the Rangers Newsletter?

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 2002 on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KoshN:
Well FINALLY! Are all of you, who received the email message, subscribed to the Rangers Newsletter?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know I am.
smile.gif

------------------
G'Kar - Andreas Katsulas

Babylon 5

Nada from SciFi for me.
crazy.gif

------------------
"I usually think about you in summer."
"I think about you in the fall."
"We never could agree on anything."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ivanova:
I responded.
smile.gif
I offered to be a walking advertisement for them.
laugh.gif
This will be so neat.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I responded as well (except for the car wrap thing, since I don't have one of the mentioned cars and I'm not near their targeted areas).

For everything else though, I sent them ideas, and even some examples.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Modane:
I know I am.
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought I'd subscribed, but when I heard you guys getting some email from Sci-Fi, I re-subscribed yesterday. Still, got nothing from Sci-Fi.
frown.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

Thanks for that. Some new pics I haven't seen before, I see. Which is good, as I lost absolutely everything I have on Rangers almost three weeks ago, thanks to a monumental computer screw-up on my part. Since then, I've spent a lot of time reconstructing my various files. Not easy, as I can't remember where I got half the stuff I lost from in the first place!

------------------

Well, well, uhh, I own a bus pass, beat that!

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

Back