• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Things change...long time gone

drakh

Regular
I'm not big big fan of trying to connect all new "evils" to the Shadows... Especially the Apocalyse Box, which to me seem far removed from the moral ambiguity of the Vorlons/Shadows. This was somethig new... some archetypal diabolical evil... far beyond what we'd seen previosly (that Gideon had to willingly accept it was a big red flag).

But... That line from Racing the Night got me thinking:

Things change...long time gone.

This implies that it's been there before... Possibly when the plague was released?

Perhaps its is a prison, an ancient being is trapped inside and is trying to escape?????

------------------
Emporer Turhan-"How will this end"
Kosh-"In fire"

I thought the Apocolypse box was a very good JMS touch: we knew a bit about it, but not very much. It was obviously something to be scared of.

Somewhere (most likely here on some thread) I heard a very reasonable explanation for it. A PARTIAL one only: someone from some race was so horrible that it was split up into 6 parts and cast away, trapped in the boxes, as punishment. Speculation only, I'm almost sure. But I do think there are other boxes (6 of them or 5 of them, I'm not sure).

Anyhow, I thought it was a great touch. If nothing else, I hope JMS writes some fillers for "Crusade" if it does not come back as a series.

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

Yup, I've heard that there were six of those boxes. But I think that the secrets of the Apocalypse Box would have been discovered fully in season 3 or 4. JMS never wants to wait too long to give us something to chew on, you know...

------------------

And JMS said something about the box beginning to speak with Gary Cole's voice more and more for definite reasons....

------------------
----------------------
"We all have something to hide. And we all have something to tell. We all have a secret name. We all have a question, ... one question that unlocks our hearts."
-Galen

I really hope that JMS will someday tell us the story behind the A-box. Perhaps through a short story. Of course I'm still hoping that Crusade will come back somehow, in a better versions. Or perhaps we can wait a new set of trilogies... fingers crossed either way.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TheInfection:
Yup, I've heard that there were six of those boxes. But I think that the secrets of the Apocalypse Box would have been discovered fully in season 3 or 4. JMS never wants to wait too long to give us something to chew on, you know...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

JMS said that if you have a loaded gun in Act I you have to fire it before ActIII. In other words, when you introduce someone or somebody in Act I you don't wait too long before bringing it out and using it. Otherwise the plot loses impetus.

If Crusade ever comes back I'm sure the Apocalypse Box will be there. If not, well I guess we may never know

crazy.gif

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back