• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

There is a Scifi rangers site. . .

I've got idea. What about new race will be a race, which fought with Vorlnos not the Shadows. Some race like Drakh, but on the other side. This race could be very old.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> What about new race will be a race, which fought with Vorlons not the Shadows. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A possibility. Of course, it would raise the question of why they didn't get involved in the Current war.

There is also a point that I haven't seen mentioned yet. Earth, the Interstellar Alliance, even the Minbari, only occupy a relatively small corner of the Galaxy. There are "new' races showing up all the time from further and further away.

IOW, our part of the Shadow War was just a small, local part of it. The First Ones, including the Vorlons & Shadows had undoubtedly explored the Entire galaxy. The war could have included all the races we haven't met as well. Sooner or later, we're going to make contact with some of the other races. A lot of them are going to be more advanced than any we've met so far.

The most likely thing to have happened is that the Vorlons & Shadows encouraged the most advanced races in each region of the galaxy to be isolationist. Just as the Minbari were. This would allow them to better control the conflicts.

Each region would have a roughly equal chance of having the dominant race be a Vorlon OR Shadow ally, otherwise the conflict would have been settled long ago. As we saw, it had been stalemated for thousands of years.

Younger races that might be expanding their territories and about to make contact with neighboring regions could very well be the trigger for a new round of war, at least within a particular region.

This would explain the Centauri. They had an empire that was flourishing and expanding. Something happened to them that caused their empire to lose momentum and become decadent. Vorlon interference maybe? Expanding empires are dangerous, so stop them before they trigger another Shadow War.

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>
A possibility. Of course, it would raise the question of why they didn't get involved in the Current war.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Which war is Current for you? Shadow? Drakh? If you mean Shadow, the answer is, may be, from some similiar reason why didn't Drakh didn't involved in Shadow War. If you mean Drakh, that may, this new races still don't want to fight, for some unknown reason at this time. But now, this time is comming...
tongue.gif

------------------

My guess, and this is just a guess, is that it is a first one that did not leave. I say this because of the city billions of years old. who to say when that city was built? This race could be one of the first ones that "went away" as Lorien stated. I do not think he "specifically" stated that they ALL went beyond the rim. What if one is left behind. Imagine what they could do. Scary, isn't it.

Since we know, thanks to Anthony, that it is definently a new race, this opens worlds of possibilities.

------------------

I think this was mentioned on another thread, but: how old is our corner of the Universe? And how old is Lorien? A city billions of years old (and still around to see and study and recognize) would possibly come from out of our "known universe". Or could it be one of the first one civilizations?

And is there necessarity a link between this city and the "new race" we'll be seing in B5LR? I suppose its the obvious conclusion to make, but assuming that the IA (Interplanetary Alliance, right?) is exploring out in many directions, isn't it possible that the new race and the city are not connected? Probably not, from what everyone is saying I guess the new race will be on or connected to this ancient city.

It was an interesting tidbit to let out in the first ever trailer, though, wasn't it?

------------------
"Why not? Only 1 Human captain has ever survived battle with the Minbari fleet. He is behind me, you are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else."

There is the possibility that the "New Race" will be one that watched the Shadow War, and figured that we have been softened up. With all the races rebuilding and the Rangers busy keeping the peace and protecting the Alliance territory, now is the best time to strike. Its how I would do it!

------------------

Um...
crazy.gif
...just a point of syntax. Did the trailer say 'new enemy' or 'new race?' The two aren't quite the same thing. President Clark's (r.i.p.) smarter twin brother, bent on revenge and with the full financial support of ClarkCo Industries (makers of the finest self-sealing stembolts in the quadrant) could be a new enemy. But they would be an established race.

Of course I mention this ONLY as an example of what it could be.

laugh.gif

------------------
"A straight line might be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting!"
- Dr. Who from 'The Time Warrior'

Sorry I am just squeezing into this thread to Welcome DoktorG .

Well DoktorG make youself at home we are a great bunch here.

If you need any help with anyhting do not hesitate to ask.

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back