• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Two Towers - Extended Edition (spoilers)

The Elves at Helm's Deep actually bothered me a little more because that story line acts as a defiant statement of human will. But it looked cool and was done tastefully, which is more important to me.

Agreed, that is why I let that one go. I for one wept when Haldir died and the look of shock on his face as he falls, seeing his slain 'brothers' around him. Tragic. :( May not be true to the book, as you said the statement of human will, but it was a great moment when the Elves arrive.

Angel

Yeah, Haldir gives us another little bit of what Legolas showed us after Gandalf's fall: incomprehension at death. It's a heartbreaking momentn.

The thing I like about the elves arriving is that they "Bring greetings from Elrond of Rivendell," renewing the old alliance. Considering how Elrond felt about humans in the first movie, it shows he's changing his mind. Big time.

In the commentaries Peter Jackson said part of the reason he felt it was ok to put Elves at Helms deep was that the books mention the other races fighting Sauron on their own. We find out that the dwarves are holed up in their mountain under siege and Lothlorian was under attack.

The elves showing up initially bothered me but not as much any more. I'm just glad they decided to keep Arwen away, which PJ, ect. admittied would have been a mistake.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back