• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Traitor

Speculatig...

Perhaps "In dreams I never see my face" is somekind of a hint for us. Malcolm could easily (for some reason) infiltrate Liandra using the holosuit and kill the crew. Okay, I don't want that to happen if the series start, but JMS is know to do u-turns in stories.

Regards,
TheInfection

There isn't currently a traitor aboard Liandra. The traitor referred to in the film was Minister Kafta - an alien ambassador secretly in league with The Hand. Nobody knows who the traitor was during Liandra's previous mission, since none of the crew were found aboard the derelict ship.

Regards,

Joe

You know, I still want to know what Na'feel was getting at when she said in the ISN interview:

Na'feel: Don't trust anybody.
Interviewer: Not even your crewmates?
Na'feel: No.

Is it just me... or did the crew basically work together pretty well without any trouble from an interior traitor?

Wasn't Na'Feel one of the crewmembers that got worked up about David not telling them about his little plan to blow up the ship guarding the jumpgate?

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by drakh:
<font color=yellow>Wasn't Na'Feel one of the crewmembers that got worked up about David not telling them about his little plan to blow up the ship guarding the jumpgate?</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

I don't remember her getting worked up, but I do remember her saying that even if they give the hand what they want they wouldn't let them leave alive. She said "I wouldn't (the crew gave her a look), well it's tactically unwise."

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
<font color=yellow>There isn't currently a traitor aboard Liandra. The traitor referred to in the film was Minister Kafta - an alien ambassador secretly in league with The Hand. Nobody knows who the traitor was during Liandra's previous mission, since none of the crew were found aboard the derelict ship.

Regards,

Joe </font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Yes, I was referring to the traitor(s) of the previous crew, not Minister Kafta. But as you said, nobody knows what exactly happened.

Regards,
TheInfection

JMS isn't against doing traitor stories. Look at Talia. At look at what he was planning to do with Laurel Takashima.
If we get a series, it's a definite possibility there may be a traitor.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Apocalypse_Box:
<font color=yellow>JMS isn't against doing traitor stories. Look at Talia. At look at what he was planning to do with Laurel Takashima.
If we get a series, it's a definite possibility there may be a traitor.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
Wait, what about Takashima?

J. Michael Straczynski had originally planned for Takashima to shoot Garibaldi in the back at the end of Season 1. Then, Takashima really would have been the person with the Sleeper Personality.
It wasn't intended to have Jack and Talia fall victim to these things, but in the end it worked out.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Yes, I was referring to the traitor(s) of the previous crew, not Minister Kafta.<hr></blockquote>

I was confused because of this comment from your original post:

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Malcolm could easily (for some reason) infiltrate Liandra using the holosuit and kill the crew. <hr></blockquote>

Since you specify Malcolm, who didn't have any previous access to Liandra that we know of, and write in the present tense, it seemed that you were suggesting that Malcolm might turn traitor in the future.

If you mean to suggest that he could have killed the previous crew - hard to see how. They were killed in the middle of a mission. Malcolm would have had a hard time boarding a ship in deep space, holosuit or no holosuit, but the alternative is that he hid aboard the ship for days or weeks before making his move, and then escaped without a trace. Not only is it unlikely that he could have hidden so long on a small ship (and that the additional oxygen, food and water consumption would go unnoticed) it is even less likely that he could hide so long an absence from his Rangers superiors.

Regards,

Joe

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
<font color=yellow>
it seemed that you were suggesting that Malcolm might turn traitor in the future.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Yes.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr><font color=yellow>If you mean to suggest that he could have killed the previous crew - hard to see how. They were killed in the middle of a mission. Malcolm would have had a hard time boarding a ship in deep space, holosuit or no holosuit, but the alternative is that he hid aboard the ship for days or weeks before making his move, and then escaped without a trace. Not only is it unlikely that he could have hidden so long on a small ship (and that the additional oxygen, food and water consumption would go unnoticed) it is even less likely that he could hide so long an absence from his Rangers superiors.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Yes, you might be right. It's a small ship. Difficult to hide. But, as I said, just speculating. Nothing more. Only time will tell.

Regards,
TheInfection

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Apocalypse_Box:
<font color=yellow>J. Michael Straczynski had originally planned for Takashima to shoot Garibaldi in the back at the end of Season 1. Then, Takashima really would have been the person with the Sleeper Personality.
It wasn't intended to have Jack and Talia fall victim to these things, but in the end it worked out.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

I never knew that!

I have to disagree with Joe. While we don't know that there is a traitor in the current crew, there do seem to be hints that there could be. Only time, and a series, can tell.

<font color=yellow>Channe, people have said that you are the next J. Michael Straczynski.
What would you add to a new series?</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
Oooh. A challenge.

Let me think about it. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Back